Author Topic: To T7zip or not to T7zip  (Read 1177 times)

Offline alcoatjez

To T7zip or not to T7zip
« on: March 24, 2012 - 19:35:56 »
I have just bought a new 3TB harddisk, because one of my old ones is getting buggy. I am rebuilding to the new disk and already T7zipped my MAME ROMs and the No-Intro sets.
UnRenamed sets will be a bitch, since speed is terrible when just rebuilding to T7zip.

Would you advise me to (T)7zip my sets and will the tracker allow T7zipped uploads? If yes, how can I T7zip sets with lotsa files?

TIA, alcoatjez

Offline B2K24

• Mr. Big Knob
Re: To T7zip or not to T7zip
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012 - 20:19:44 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Zandro

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012 - 21:49:01 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

t7zip would be disastrous for your UnRenamed sets if you plan on ever updating them -- you'd then be better off extracting them completely somewhere and rebuilding. Not worth wasting your time over.

Offline Macca38

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012 - 04:41:37 »
I wont bother, until such time, as I can update, without having to do a complete rebuild...

Well, thats not entirely true.....Sets that do not update often, GOOD sets for example, Ive had torrent7zipped for some time now..

I need to Merge the sets however, which would save even more space......just too busy, and lazy..

Cheers
Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.
My Current STATS: COMING AGAIN SOON!!