Author Topic: To Snurps - RE: No-Intro - un-used PSP ASIA Patches  (Read 851 times)

Offline Ris

To Snurps - RE: No-Intro - un-used PSP ASIA Patches
« on: April 04, 2012 - 16:50:03 »
To Snurps - RE: No-Intro - un-used PSP ASIA Patches

I was going to write this in a PM, but I thought it might be better if posted as public.

I saw your post on No-intro shoutbox, thought I'd explain here why there are
patches on the PSP No-Intro patch site that aren't being used in the DAT
since I couldn't possibly fit this entire post in a message on their shoutbox.

The reason why there are unused patches is because those games have not been redumped by
No-Intro or Redump.org yet. Those patches are for the future for when those games do get re-dumped.

A while ago, I found a site that has a DAT file for Offlinelist that contained redumps for only Japanese Games.
The site is dead now, it used to be at "listdatjp.bbs.fc2.com" but it gives a 404 error now.
Not sure if it has moved to a new location, or if it did get taken down for some reason.

They basically did the same thing no-intro did but they only covered Japanese games,
People would dump their games using PSP-Filer and post the redump info in a topic on their forums.

The last DAT that I managed to download from that site before it went down is uploaded here:
Download DAT: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Screenshot of the DAT in Offlinelist: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
(I don't have Japanese Font support in Offlinelist, so it shows the Japanese characters as ? marks)

You can see in the offlinelist screenshot, there is a CRC, Box/UMD Serial and what it was redumped with and some other details.
This info was compiled (CRC and Serial etc) into a spreadsheet and all the games that didn't match the scene release were marked.
I gave this spreadsheet to 'Rifu' on No-Intro Forums and he tried to match the CRC using the scene releases and made patches
for all these games for the future when they get redumped.

Here is a Screenshot of part of the spreadsheet: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
(I don't want to release this spreadsheet now as it still needs a LOT of work)

There are a few interesting columns on the right, 'Redumped' and 'Match Scene' and also 'Scene CRC' and 'Good CRC'.
(I've filtered the spreadsheet in the screenshot by 'Redumped' = N and 'Match Scene' = 'Bad' or 'N')

If 'Redumped' = 'Y' then that game has been redumped by either no-intro or redump.org.
If 'Redumped' = 'N' then that game has not yet been redumped by either no-intro or redump.org.

For the 'Match Scene' column, if this is a 'Y' then it matches the scene release CRC.
If this is a 'N' then it doesn't match the scene release but there is a patch on the no-intro patch site.
If this is 'Bad' then it means it doesn't match the scene release and there is currently no patch available.

Scene CRC is the CRC of the scene release, and 'Good CRC' is the CRC of the Redumped ISO.

If you look at the patches section in the forums, you can see there a few Japanese games were
fixed manually with a hex-editor, patches were made for them and uploaded them to the patch site.

Now, personally I think that all this should be added to the DAT as a 'trusted modification' so it will clear up a lot of
the bad Asia dumps and it will save a lot of people from having to patch when it is redumped, but these games will
need to be re-dumped in the future anyway so I think that is why they haven't been added to the DAT file.

I might suggest that patches for the 'modified dumps' be moved to a sub-folder so they aren't mixed with the 'verified' patches.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012 - 17:08:54 by Ris »