Author Topic: Atari - Hang Loose Full Archive  (Read 2826 times)

Offline zxyo

Atari - Hang Loose Full Archive
« on: September 03, 2012 - 07:23:55 »
Uploaded to ABE.misc

i think again this came fro UG a while ago , for collectors only i guess :)

NZB here :- [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Zandro

Re: Atari - Hang Loose Full Archive
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012 - 09:26:12 »
Ah, this one, another beast Yoshi has slain and packed into the UnRenamed sets. I don't think it came from UG, there is no evidence of it being there.  I was to receive from Bandit of CLiMATiCS himself... But I got it from EvilFranky's site instead. However, even after I gave him my neverminds, that didn't stop Bandit from pushing the entire thing into my Google Docs site that same day! Unfortunately, Google didn't differentiate between 'local' and remotely shared filesets, so I couldn't just remove it from my side all at once (directory roots seemed to be missing), but a page of folders+files at a time (6725 folders, 36085 files in my FTP copy).  This may have been before the Google Drive 'Shared with me' filter existed, I don't remember. Maybe he made me a direct co-owner of them (gasp!). I do recall my data being lost within the sea that is HangLoose.

A portion of the way through my mass deletion (disassociation) attempt, Google's gateway got grumpy with me :'( Top level 403, and I couldn't know the status of personal docs I needed access to.  When I was finally able to log back in after a couple days, it was a relief to find all my stuff (I think) and just a group of HL D*'s left over. I'm hoping Bandit learned a valuable lesson that day: an HTML-interfaced cloud service with negligible recipient ownership control and poor directory structure handling is totally unsafe for sharing mass numbers of files! ftpftw.ang.

*Edit, there was a torrent posted by Bandit in 2005, only 6.6GB. Then in January this year: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login 14GB. Bandit wants some traffic here [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login ;)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012 - 09:45:03 by Zandro »

Offline alienkidmj12

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012 - 18:55:41 »
could someone let me know how big this archive is ?

Offline devres

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012 - 04:29:46 »
It's 16.72Gb including par files.

AL

Offline Schrodinger's cat

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018 - 01:23:24 »
The owner posted this collection at [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login in case anyone wants it.
What is a paradox in a quantum world?

Offline exodust

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018 - 14:00:36 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
The owner posted this collection at [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login in case anyone wants it.

140 GB!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o

Offline unlockerpt

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018 - 21:32:45 »
what's inside?

Offline Thx738

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018 - 23:25:29 »
@unlockerpt:

You can have a look here:

Offline unlockerpt

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018 - 23:55:02 »
I think I will pass this one :)

Offline 65Cobra427SC

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018 - 19:33:10 »
As a previous owner of the Atari ST, I decided to download the Atari ST Archive despite the size of the file itself. It's been a long time since I even looked at an ST (and at my age, I'm sure I forgot way more than I remember) but curiosity got the best of me and it's not a big deal to leave a PC running 24/7 now days. In the end I decided to make a few comments about the contents of the download itself because I was somewhat disappointed, but I can help with that.

For one, it includes a lot of demos, pd software, etc... not my cup of tea... and I even have mixed feelings about keeping the music. Also, once you know what's included, most (if not all) of the collections are available for download elsewhere... possibly at a faster download speed. Also, even though some folders indicate they contain demos, there are other folders that leave me questioning whether they're demos as well.

So, for anyone else that has an interest in the ST, I'll attach a text file (later) that includes the folder/file structure of the original download. You can use it to decide if you want to download the entire file, but better yet, it shows you the name of each collection... i.e. the folder name... which will let you Google and download only the collections you want.

The list below includes all 11 collections... and the links for 9 of the collections. I'm sure the others are around as well and I'll post if/when I find links for them as well.

- Atari Document Archive
- Hang Loose archive
- Marcer
- Spiny
- thegamearchives.com
- TOSEC 2012-04-23

- Purpleeagle CD

- SNDH