Author Topic: Connie's DATs  (Read 51670 times)

Offline Macca38

Re: Connie's DATs
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012 - 22:16:43 »
Im sorry Connie...

My apologies...

But, I think the guys here are pretty switched on, and they know what the thread Is about, and who started It...

I hope, Its all good.....

Its sometimes hard to stick totally to relevancy, especially with so much going on In the scene, but I am thankful, that most people here are understanding, as some forums are literally hell to post on....deletions of posts and such..

One comes to mind...Kitco Bullion Forums..

I tend to post, like I think/talk.......at the time and as the Idea jumps Into my head..

But, once again....my apologies...

As for everything else......Let common Sense Prevail!

I just collect and share the stuff, so teh cleaner, neater, easier, smaller..........the better!

Cheers
Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.
My Current STATS: COMING AGAIN SOON!!

Offline sleepwalk7

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012 - 01:06:44 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
When I asked about it on TOSEC forum they said... it's not important"
WTF?
I restored your credit based on "Commodore Amiga - Applications TOSEC 0.22" and "Commodore Amiga - Compilations - Applications TOSEC 0.03"
Next release around Christmas. Thank you for your past work ;-)
Best regard,
Crashdisk

Hi Crashdisk
I didn't want to open a istance for that... but thank you very much for it!

Offline Cassiel

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013 - 18:29:02 »
@sleepwalk7/SEA7
If there are other DATs you have contributed to (that Crashdisk hasn't already corrected) then absolutely let me know and this can be rectified.

Offline C0llector

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013 - 22:58:59 »
Must admit I love this talk of dat's n the TNC and I shoulder quite a lot of the blame for the TNC as one of the original tosec members I created / contributed to a lot of the spectrum, pc98, x68000 dats (probably quite a few others as well) I really enjoyed the Japanese systems as I can't speak/read a word of it but I was just fascinated by these computers that I'd never experienced in my youth. Based on my work on the dats one guy from either China or Japan sent me several cd's of PC98 software (even had to upgrade my windows so that I could access the files because of the Kanji/katana character sets used in the file names, as well as getting hold of a japanese lzh program to be able to unpack the archives on the disks) but if you want to point your angst at anyone over the TNC I'm happy to stick me head up over the parapet as I did the original draft then worked with Idoru for some time to create the final version that was used for the renaming project. Unfortunately real life and a truly abysmal internet connection got in my way and I pretty much dropped off the net for some time, so much so that by the time I re-appeared Idoru is Gone??? (If any one is still in contact with idoru please let him know I'm still waiting for the Z64 and the collection of edge magazines etc that I paid him £550 for several years ago) as are most of the original TOSEC members. I don't particularly care about credits for the dats I originally created/worked on I'm just glad that TOSEC is still going after all these years. The only thing don't understand is why it hasn't subsumed all the other dat groups out there. I really like Yoshi's work on the Unrenamed dats and would think that they should be an ideal target for TOSEC to work with.

Just as an aside did any of you guys collect the old Arcade dat that supposedly had everything in it can't remember what I called it now but that was just a dump from logiqX's util for identifying roms.

So thanks to all datter's, collectors, and any one that's been kind enough to give me access to their ftp' or ever uploaded anything to usenet. Unfortunately I still have a pretty shitty internet connection (max 120k/sec down n approx 50k/sec up) which probably explains why I'm still d/loading the TRURIP posts that zyxo put on usenet over 110 days ago, also explains where a few requests will come from when I've finished them as it looks like a few have been DMCA'd.

Regards C0llector (or in my TOSEC days "The C0llector")

Offline PandMonium

• TOSECdev
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013 - 00:17:13 »
Hi C0llector, what's the point in blaming someone for TNC? I don't know exactly its history since the first draft but it has suffered several changes over the years. Thus, my main complains are related to its excessive complexity trying to cover many system-specific stuff. This created cases where the names are ambiguous and it is impossible to fully understand what some info means.

Unfortunately i don't have any contact with idoru, sorry to hear that. He disappeared some years ago without warning at least to me.
Indeed TOSEC is still going, at a slow pace (time is always the main issue) but much more fun and organized than when i first joined it.

... and you still have your name in 16 dats, at least until someone makes a mistake again :P

Offline Connie

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013 - 12:43:21 »
Just a heads up since I'm only uploading new dats to my Skydrive folders now.

Nintendo - DS (Numbered Patches) (20130205)
The usual shop full of carts redumped from the great members of No-Intro with supporting patch files.

EmuConnie Nintendo VIP Goodies (20130206)
Just bug fixes for non ANSI characters that TorrentZip kept thowing a wobbler on.

Handheld Remakes (Simulators) (20130206)
Iv'e been so busy with GOG and BlackBerry PlayBook stuff (another 30GB to dat yet :( ) that I never had time to check/dat Madrigal's updates from last September! There may well be another few file updates soon because I've just sent him some bug fixes.

Lots of new GOG.com MD5 checking files and other creations over the past few days. Next updates probably at the weekend now when deals are on.

Got to run a few dir2dats on some ex No-Intro stuff, so keep your eye out for these if you wish to collect. Hopefully BBPB updates coming soon too.

That's all from the Enigmatic Connie <<< (some should understand) ;)
"Get busy living or get busy dying" - Shawshank Redemption (Stephen King)

My DAT Files - [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
My Shared Files - [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
My GOG.com Files - [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Connie

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013 - 23:42:24 »
Handheld Remakes (Simulators) (20130209)

Luca has applied my suggested fixes and so here is an updated dat reflecting them.
If you've recently updated, you should only need a few txt files so please don't waste b/w grabbing the entire CD set again ;)

GOG project upto date as of this weekend with what I'm able to dat. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

Offline Macca38

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013 - 01:22:44 »
Thankyou very much Connie...

I am complete on this set, If anyone needs any small fills...

Sorry to be a PITA, but Im still Interested, In those Xdelta patches, If you can possibly find the time.....

Unfortunately, my GoG collection consists of bits n pieces, from older free Torrents, UG, and the former BG, so many of my exes are now needing updates....plus I cannot find the sound/music archives, for most, In the format required.

If I could get the latest file, for one of the smaller ones, I would try myself, but unfortunately, I believe these are only available, on elite private trackers, where you need good bandwidth, or a seedbox, to even compete....

My 35kps upload speed, doesnt really cut It...and I struggle on this site alone, with some of these larger torrents..

Anyway, If I could possibly pressure you to do a small test, as soon as you can, It would be of great Interest, and possibly....hopefully, praying....of some benefit...

I realise the odds are against this, due to file sizes, having tried similar on PSP ages ago, and I know you are very busy, but you never know, unless you give It a go..

Also, surely the "core", of these games, would not update dramatically......we may be pleasantly surprised.

If, hope against hope, It was successful, It may help many others..

I like the md5 method of checking the sets for GoG.....Its a bit hard updating, as I actually have Quikpar Installed, so Im just copying the md5s to the directories and running from there, using that......1x1...lol

Thanks again, Connie..

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013 - 01:54:43 by Macca38 »

Offline Connie

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013 - 13:53:30 »
Not going to happen I'm afraid.
Tomb Raider 1+2+3

1.0.0.3 (810,572,198 bytes) > 2.0.0.7 (724,092,112 bytes) = xdelta3 (723,451,781 bytes)

Making patch files is only really effective if both input/output files are the same size. A byte per byte comparisson is what makes it's possible. Take this away, and you're just left with a compression algorithm.

Offline Macca38

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013 - 01:59:43 »
Damn...

As suspected...

Thankyou for taking the time...

Cheers

Offline Connie

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013 - 16:27:14 »
New:

Commodore - Amiga (3100 + x0008 + b0024) (20130218)
Nintendo - DS (Numbered Patches) (20130218)

Offline Connie

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013 - 21:35:34 »
A few new dats online.

Note that all have been updated with a standardised header and therefore carry todays date but may not contain new info.

Grendel

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013 - 01:49:13 »
Hi SEA7. I remember you. The real problem of the TEAM TOSEC was Grendel. Did a lot of injustices. I have nothing against the current members of the TEAM TOSEC also because  many of them don't know anything about what happened in the past.

ooooh, this made me quite curious :)

so what injustices did i do and what exactly happened in the past?

bruciolo

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013 - 06:18:15 »
Hi SEA7. I remember you. The real problem of the TEAM TOSEC was Grendel. Did a lot of injustices. I have nothing against the current members of the TEAM TOSEC also because  many of them don't know anything about what happened in the past.

ooooh, this made me quite curious :)

so what injustices did i do and what exactly happened in the past?

Apache       32  DAT
DesertWolf    124 DAT

You're sure about that?

All the work that I have done in the past not only was copied, but it was also omitted the name of the author who has created the first dat
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013 - 08:18:39 by Apache »

Grendel

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013 - 08:54:13 »
Apache       32  DAT
DesertWolf    124 DAT

You're sure about that?

i have no idea really....

but what does that have to with me? i haven't been active on the TOSEC front for years now and haven't been actively involved in the current site other then reading the forum there once in a while.

maybe it's an idea to start a topic in the section specifically meant for reporting errors in dats?

...i'd guess that to be more effective to fix your "problem" then blaming someone who has got nothing to do with it on a forum which isn't affiliated to the TOSEC project ::)