Author Topic: Connie's DATs  (Read 56108 times)

Dozer and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bruciolo

Re: Connie's DATs
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013 - 09:06:26 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Apache       32  DAT
DesertWolf    124 DAT

You're sure about that?

i have no idea really....

but what does that have to with me? i haven't been active on the TOSEC front for years now and haven't been actively involved in the current site other then reading the forum there once in a while.

maybe it's an idea to start a topic in the section specifically meant for reporting errors in dats?

...i'd guess that to be more effective to fix your "problem" then blaming someone who has got nothing to do with it on a forum which isn't affiliated to the TOSEC project ::)

So you have no idea.? Were or were not the coordinator at that time.? Have you checked at the time who created the first dat or in collaboration with others.? I've just published the dats by entering the name of the person you sent them without checking whether he helped rename or worse him copied by others.? I gave you the references objectives. You just answered without objective facts.

Offline Aral

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013 - 10:02:28 »
Before i start my rant i'm sorry Connie for highjacking your thread even if it is only for 1 post.

* Aral starts rant.

Cassiel, Pandmonium.....  This is the exact reason why i have said time and time again that names should be removed from dats.  This ego-maniacal bullshit does not help the TOSEC cause one bit and going forward needs to be rectified.  If you want to know which renamers do what keep a spreadsheet...

Grendel regardless of what you have supposed to have done in the past without your vision and drive in the early days TOSEC would not be here now and for that myself and others will always be grateful.

Apache.  The date today is the eleventh of March 2013 not the eleventh of March 2003.  I really think it is time to build a bridge and get over it mate.  If you want to help TOSEC again you are more than welcome but if you want to talk dribble then take your story walking.  Your perfect dats are very high quality and quite frankly TOSEC need more people with your file interrogating and renaming skills. 

You talk of having your name omitted from TOSEC dats.  Mate I dumped and renamed thousands of my personal Amiga, C64 and VIC20 disks and tapes in the early days and gave them all to Idoru.  Not once did he credit me in any of the TOSEC dats.  One of the original games i dumped in 2002 [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login only appeared in the March 2012 amiga adf dats, 10 years after giving it to Idoru.  The main thing is Apache that the game has now been preserved and that is far more important than getting your name on a TOSEC dat. 

Apache i hope that you can now let this rest for everyones sake, it is not productive and quite frankly is a little childish.

No hard feelings mate.

* Aral finishes rant

Again sorry Connie for hijacking this thread but i could not let this go on any longer.

bruciolo

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013 - 10:14:50 »
Aral I have the highest regard for what you said. I just responded with facts and with the utmost politeness and respect. I'm not going to continue this discussion. But let me just say that I did not understand why this cost me a point of Karma. Cordially. Apache

Offline Connie

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013 - 10:24:20 »
Hi SEA7. I remember you. The real problem of the TEAM TOSEC was Grendel. Did a lot of injustices. I have nothing against the current members of the TEAM TOSEC also because  many of them don't know anything about what happened in the past.

ooooh, this made me quite curious :)

so what injustices did i do and what exactly happened in the past?
I saw this and first thought, 'what the hell have I posted', because it was straight after my new post.

Anyway, no worries as long as you guys sort something out. :)
"Get busy living or get busy dying" - Shawshank Redemption (Stephen King)

My DAT Files - [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
My Shared Files - [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
My GOG.com Files - [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Aral

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013 - 10:54:17 »
Thank you Apache, i gave back your karma.

Grendel

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013 - 21:39:17 »
actually, in te first 4 or 5 years when i was still able to spend a lot of time on the whole project (because of personal issues i had to almost completely stop around 2004/2005) there were roughly 90 people who were actively searching for new files, renaming them, creating dats, verifying those en doing all the other things that needed to be done to keep the project rolling.
in those times i was running a pretty structured project which was divided in subgroups which each had their own coordinator because it was simply impossible to manage all the info (we then were already working with well over a hundred dats from which roughly 70% were [wip] which meant dozens to hundreds new files per month per dat) by myself.
so no, i have never spent much time on trying to track the activity of 80~90 people who were working on dats because that was the job for the system-coordinators who sent me the dats when they were ready to be released.

Keeping TOSEC going was a 7 days a week job on which i spent about 40~60 hours per week and wasn't just something you could do in a few hours on your friday night off. With TOSEC i was working towards a goal (preventing a part of our cultural herritage to disappear and preserve it for future generations) and with so much to do and so little time i didn't have much time to keep track of trivialities like names in dat headers or which individual renamed which file and should be "credited"

so no, i have absolutely no idea how many dats were "yours" and neither would i be able to tell you the number of dats i started or contributed to myself and to be honest i couldn't give a rat's a55 (well, maybe a teenie-weenie bit :wink:) if my name was completely removed from everything related to the TOSEC project. TOSEC is about the project. not about me, not about panda, not about ido, not about kirkland, not about xnurfz, not about c0llector, not about vax, not about any of the literally hundreds of contributors there have been since i thought up this project in the late '90's.

Since my health didn't allow me anymore to work so much on the project and besides that RealLife(tm) getting in the way, i had to retire from TOSEC and hid myself in the background while people like panda and ido picked up where i had to leave. I assure you though that once it starts to look like the project is coming to a stand still i will come crawling out of my hole and start pushing against the cart again to get things back in motion.
...and that won't be so the world can see how fantastic i am, no, it will be so my youngest daughter will be able to learn and see how our computers evolved and became what they are now.

that's what it should be all about and that's the only thing that's really important when it comes to the TOSEC project.

well, and now it's time to crawl back to my little hide-out again so the kids can continue playing ;D

ps: the first name in a dat header was (still is?) not the name of the person who made/started the dat but the name of the person who coordinated the work done on the files for the system and was the one who could contact me directly if there were problems. that format was introduced back in te days when we were working on an online dat generator (which actually worked pretty well..) which parsed dat info and added that to an online dbase. de first author name in a dat was parsed and would be presented as a link on the site so people who were interested in joining the project or who had found errors could directly contact the coordinator of the system involved without having to figure out for themselves who of the gazillion contributors of the dat they had issues with they had to try to contact....

Offline Connie

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2015 - 22:21:59 »
Well, I figured I might as well bump and resurrect what started as 'my' dat update thread. ;)

Handheld Remakes (Simulators) (20150711)
...Updated with the latest releases from MAD and Shrinefield.

GOG.com Games (1075 + 69 + 25) (20150711)
...Updated with the latest games and updated files.

Nintendo - DS (Numbered Patches) (20150711)
...Updated with the latest patches to fix No-Intro's redumps.

Nintendo VIP Goodies (20150711)
...Updated with some new additions taken from a CD image sent to me a long while ago. Many thanks to the contributor and appologies for taken such a long time to work on it.

WinUAE Firmware & ROM Set v3.2.0 (Public Beta 2, 2015.07.07)
...Updated to match the latest supported ROMs.

Enjoy all! :)

Offline Massacre

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2015 - 00:04:43 »
Is this name correct?

name "[ROM_064] CD32 KS + Extended ROM v3.1 rev 40.60 (2 x 512k)"
description "[ROM_064] CD32 KS + Extended ROM v3.1 rev 40.60 (2 x 512k)"
rom ( name "[ROM_064] CD32 KS + Extended ROM v3.1 rev 40.60 (1024k).ROM" size 1048576 crc f5d4f3c8 )
rom ( name "[ROM_064_01_01] CD32 KS + Extended ROM v3.1 rev 40.60 (1024k) [391640-03.u6A].ROM" size 1048576 crc a4fbc94a )
rom ( name "[ROM_064_01_02] CD32 KS + Extended ROM v3.1 rev 40.60 (1024k) [391640-03.u6A].ROM" size 1048576 crc d3837ae4 )

Offline Connie

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2015 - 10:54:43 »
It's based on Tony's source code entry:

Code:
Only registered users can see contents. Please click here to Register or Login.
I think this is one of the entries that has changed a number of times over the years, and the reason why I added the _02 entry to keep a version which was also so called 'verified'. It's basically ROMs 018 + 019 in various configurations. IIRC, one is the two appended together, the other two interleaved but a difference in that the 'single' ROMs are byte swapped first.

To make it a little less confusing, I've changed the naming to (512k + 512k). Is this a better alternative?

Thanks for pointing it out :)

Offline Connie

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2015 - 06:04:07 »
GOG.com Games (1084 + 70 + 25) (20150721)
...Updated with the latest games and updated files.

Nintendo - DS (Numbered Patches) (20150721)
...Updated with the latest patches to fix No-Intro's redumps.

WinUAE Firmware & ROM Set v3.2.0 (Public Beta 3, 2015.07.13)
...Updated to match the latest supported ROMs.

Offline redsector

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2015 - 16:50:27 »
on your shared files are this 4 Nintendo - DS (Numbered Patches) missings

5521 - 42090BF9 to A3C1CD98
5521 - A3C1CD98 to 42090BF9
DSi 0005 - 037999A8 to 5DA3FE1E
DSi 0005 - 5DA3FE1E to 037999A8

is there any source for the Nintendo VIP Goodies?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015 - 17:02:54 by redsector »

Offline Connie

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2015 - 23:09:53 »
Sorry, have I not uploaded them.

I've a new dat in progress after the latest patch releases. Will try and get them fixed and uploaded with a new dat tomorrow. :)
Sometimes I make my own, but forget to post/share them.

Offline Connie

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2015 - 22:04:14 »
New dats online.

Fixes uploading to their relevant/requested folders. :)

Offline Connie

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2015 - 20:13:56 »
Updated dats:

GOG
NDS Patches
WinUAE Firmware/ROMs

Offline bodkinz

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2015 - 21:08:37 »
For some reason firefox?!!? is blocking downloads from your 1drv.ms account... very new and strange...

it says "Blocked: May contain a virus or spyware --- live.com ---..."

I can get around it using Downloadthemall though
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015 - 21:17:19 by bodkinz »