Author Topic: Good Tools MIA  (Read 58882 times)

Offline Dizzle

Re: Good Tools MIA
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2017 - 04:18:17 »
Is this missing ?
I have no time to test it..
Anyone ?
EDIT ok trimmed attachment = no good
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017 - 04:26:31 by Dizzle »

Offline Cowering

Re: Good Tools MIA
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2017 - 21:45:46 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Sorry...I was just confused, since Tyrael87 said he has 346 files from a "GoodWSx with 0 missing roms".  Therefore, it sounded to me like he has the last one.  He asked you if the missing one he had was fake and you said "No it's not a fake..."

So again, sounds like he's got it.  All he has to do is share it and we'll all have a full set.  What am I missing here?

The missing rom isn't a [!p] rom, so it has a good CRC.  It could easily be verified to be the right one.

For anyone still wondering about the romset Tyrael87 mentioned offhand, I have located it and examined it. Here are my findings:

1) The romset was for GoodWSx 3.14, not 3.27
2) The romset contains a file named Dicing Knight (J) [!] but doesn't contain Rockman EXE WS (J) [h1].
3) Unfortunately, the copy of Dicing Knight (J) [!] is really just Dicing Knight Period (J) [o1]. I calculated their checksums using all methods available in HxD 1.7.7.0 and they all matched. The results are attached as hashes.txt.
4) GoodWSx 3.27 also verifies this. After running GoodWSx.exe rename in a folder containing only the alleged Dicing Knight (J) [!] rom, the program renamed it to Dicing Knight Period (J) [o1]

If you would like to examine the 3.14 romset yourself, you can find the download links at [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

I'm going to run your set through my latest GoodWSx.  The missing dump is from many many years ago that I was supposed to hoard. I have not heard from the dumper in a long long time.  Some of you will know his name. He lived/lives in Hawaii. If you can still get ahold of him and ask about Dicing Knight, that would be great.