Author Topic: 1 missing file for Dreamcast USA  (Read 1648 times)

Offline ToeKnee

1 missing file for Dreamcast USA
« on: March 19, 2014 - 12:06:13 »
Missing 1 small file for Samba De Amigo (Promo) (US) (Sega of America) (2000) [MK-51092] [N.A.]

I also have a question. Is there a difference between the Trurip vs. TOSEC-ISO set? I only collect the USA games and all I noticed is this 1 file from the Trurip set that is different for now. TOSEC-ISO set has 2 more games but I suspect the Trurip set will include these in the next update. From collectors' standpoint, which set is better to keep going forward? Keeping both sets seems redundant.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cld75

Re: 1 missing file for Dreamcast USA
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014 - 22:29:03 »
when it comes to Dreamcast, the *game* dumps are the same between TOSEC-ISO and Trurip...the reason is because Dumpcast is still the only way to dump Dreamcast (using a physical DC to read the GD-ROM disc and dump the discs)...All other dumping methods involve PC-based CD-ROM/DVD-ROM readers to read discs (for PSX, PS2, Sega-CD, Neo-Geo CD, etc) but the problem is that none of those PC based CD-ROM Readers can read the proprietary 1gb GD-ROM disc...so basically, the Trurip dumps are the same exact ones that are TOSEC-ISO....the only addition Trurip has made in the Dreamcast dumping is of the MIL-CD Discs (japanese music CDs)...

so, yes, you can (and should) only keep 1 set as they are exactly the same dumped *game* discs....if you want *completeness*, you'll go with Trurip as you can also acquire the MIL-CD discs dumped with Trurip....but since you said you only care about "USA games", then TOSEC-ISO is just fine for your needs...

Offline ToeKnee

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014 - 23:10:51 »
Thanks for the explanation cld75. I think I'll go with Trurip after all but if I ever decide to go with TOSEC I won't notice anything with the main USA dumps as you mentioned ;)

Offline Rastafa

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014 - 16:39:06 »
Except for the naming convention and patched to work on hardware.

Offline ToeKnee

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014 - 19:00:19 »
I don't think Dreamcast has any patched to work on hardware except the MIL-CD's (CDI format) if I'm not mistaken. Anyhow I'm learning every day so thanks for all the help :)