Author Topic: Good Tools MIA  (Read 50198 times)

Offline Dizzle

Re: Good Tools MIA
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2017 - 04:18:17 »
Is this missing ?
I have no time to test it..
Anyone ?
EDIT ok trimmed attachment = no good
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017 - 04:26:31 by Dizzle »

Offline Cowering

Re: Good Tools MIA
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2017 - 21:45:46 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Sorry...I was just confused, since Tyrael87 said he has 346 files from a "GoodWSx with 0 missing roms".  Therefore, it sounded to me like he has the last one.  He asked you if the missing one he had was fake and you said "No it's not a fake..."

So again, sounds like he's got it.  All he has to do is share it and we'll all have a full set.  What am I missing here?

The missing rom isn't a [!p] rom, so it has a good CRC.  It could easily be verified to be the right one.

For anyone still wondering about the romset Tyrael87 mentioned offhand, I have located it and examined it. Here are my findings:

1) The romset was for GoodWSx 3.14, not 3.27
2) The romset contains a file named Dicing Knight (J) [!] but doesn't contain Rockman EXE WS (J) [h1].
3) Unfortunately, the copy of Dicing Knight (J) [!] is really just Dicing Knight Period (J) [o1]. I calculated their checksums using all methods available in HxD and they all matched. The results are attached as hashes.txt.
4) GoodWSx 3.27 also verifies this. After running GoodWSx.exe rename in a folder containing only the alleged Dicing Knight (J) [!] rom, the program renamed it to Dicing Knight Period (J) [o1]

If you would like to examine the 3.14 romset yourself, you can find the download links at [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

I'm going to run your set through my latest GoodWSx.  The missing dump is from many many years ago that I was supposed to hoard. I have not heard from the dumper in a long long time.  Some of you will know his name. He lived/lives in Hawaii. If you can still get ahold of him and ask about Dicing Knight, that would be great.