Author Topic: GoodTools Update Packs?  (Read 7518 times)

ImpracticalLarry

GoodTools Update Packs?
« on: May 27, 2014 - 03:35:10 »
Does anyone know of any places where I can download update packs for GoodXXX? Specifically, I'm looking for 3.14 to 3.23 updates for GoodGBA and GoodSNES:

You are missing 9186 of 18311 known Nintendo Game Boy Advance ROMS (V3.23)

You are missing 9419 of 20756 known Nintendo Super NES/Famicom ROMS (V3.23)

Those are some ridiculously high miss counts!

I have no idea how to post a fixdat using GoodTools, and I feel bad asking for such huge requests anyway, so that's what I'm hoping someone maintains update packs somewhere.

Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

Zandro

Re: GoodTools Update Packs?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014 - 07:39:29 »
First step is to download all the fixes provided in the fix request topics pertaining to these sets, found in this forum.  Then, attach your GBAMiss.txt or SNESMiss.txt correspondingly in replies to these topics.  You must be aware, however, that nobody has completed these sets.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014 - 07:41:36 by Zandro »

Offline D34con

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014 - 20:16:15 »
especially the gba i cant help at once.
maybe letterwise.
nes must be 3.23b !! nes can be made by me. you must post a misslist, or something like that...
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

ImpracticalLarry

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014 - 15:20:27 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
First step is to download all the fixes provided in the fix request topics pertaining to these sets, found in this forum.  Then, attach your GBAMiss.txt or SNESMiss.txt correspondingly in replies to these topics.  You must be aware, however, that nobody has completed these sets.

I've attached them to this post. I've done what I can to reduce the numbers a little for the SNES one, but the GBA value was after I had already downloaded the updates from the fix request topics, so I wasn't able to reduce that at all.
I was hoping for a public update pack because I feel bad asking for so many files, but if anyone is willing to help, that would be fantastic.

especially the gba i cant help at once.
maybe letterwise.
nes must be 3.23b !! nes can be made by me. you must post a misslist, or something like that...

I already have NES with 115 missing, which I assume is as good as I can do, but thanks for the offer :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zandro

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014 - 21:55:58 »
I'm not sure you've scoped all your sources (some go as far as a special Russian tracker) but here you go anyway [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login  ... They'll appear when they're uploaded.

Offline D34con

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014 - 17:35:59 »
edit: am i dreaming, am i sleeping?
sorry for being dull.
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Offline edc

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014 - 17:54:38 »
Checked the gbamiss, most of them seem to be 3.14. So he didnt get the rutracker torrent. Seems impractical actually means lazy ;)

E
My current project (nNASOS): [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Macca38

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014 - 00:23:06 »
RU Tracker?

Please, can someone point me there...

Im also missing a few.

Many thanks..

Cheers
Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.
My Current STATS: COMING AGAIN SOON!!

Zandro

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014 - 01:50:50 »
Говорите по-русски? Следуйте за мной, таким образом ... [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Macca38

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014 - 01:53:51 »
Thankyou, Zandro..

Didnt help much, Im afraid....cant read Russian, and the page wont translate..

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014 - 02:01:15 by Macca38 »
Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.
My Current STATS: COMING AGAIN SOON!!

Offline D34con

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014 - 03:48:40 »
if you use firefox, there is a addon "quick translator" works at least to understand that sense behind.
btw: this torrent is not for guests. You must be logged in to download.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014 - 03:50:46 by D34con »

ImpracticalLarry

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014 - 09:40:04 »
I'm not sure you've scoped all your sources (some go as far as a special Russian tracker)...

Being out of the game for so many years, most of my sources have gone missing. All of my old IRC haunts are empty, trackers have disappeared (eg. Underground Gamer) or don't host the latest sets (eg. Pleasuredome) and FTPs no longer exist. Even most of the websites I go to have disappeared or are still hosting old sets.
I came across the Russian tracker before I even made the request, however it wouldn't allow me to register. I don't remember the exact error I got after translation, but I remember thinking it's useless for me to try without using a VPS/proxy. After that, I gave up and made the request.

Thanks so much for your extreme bout of generosity! You've taken my sets down to 14 missing for GBA and 105 missing for SNES. I have no idea if those are the best numbers or not, but I'm happy with that change. Again, thank you!

Checked the gbamiss, most of them seem to be 3.14. So he didnt get the rutracker torrent. Seems impractical actually means lazy ;)

I actually find your post offensive. Assuming that I haven't done the work in locating said roms is condescending and elitist.

As I said earlier, I haven't updated my sets in years. I don't hang out on forums as often as I used to, so how am I supposed to know about the rutracker torrent? Funnily enough, after search, I managed to find the tracker myself (before I made the request) but was unable to register. How am I being lazy?

You obviously did not notice that my request is only for 2 sets, because I have done all of the work to track down every ROM that I can possibly find for all of the other Good sets ON MY OWN. I even made a post about finding the latest miss numbers on this very forum: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
I've updated my No-Intro sets, TOSEC and almost all of the Good sets by searching trackers, IRC and various websites. I've spent the time to run them through CLRMame/GoodTools and GoodMerged them whenever possible. How is that lazy?

Also, as I said in a previous post when Zandro asked me to update my sets by visiting the fix requests and downloading what I can, I had already done so for the SNES set. That was the set I was focusing my efforts on before I had even gotten to GBA. So, once again, I had done the work to the best of my ability given my limited resources, but I'm still lazy?

The whole point of the thread was NOT to have someone do the work for me, but a question to see if someone has already made update packs for others, like myself, to update their sets. How is that lazy or impractical when I'm asking if there's a resource for EVERYONE to use? The only impracticalness I am willing to admit to is Zandro took his time and bandwidth to provide the missing roms for me, and for that I'm grateful.

I've been collecting since the 90s (back when sets did not exist and we had to download everything individually) and momentarily lapsed for a year or two due to real life. You would think that maybe at this point the elitism would have subsided, but it clearly still exists, and that's extremely disheartening.

Zandro

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014 - 09:54:24 »
For the latest GoodGBA (V3.23), the current miss count should be around 368, hence why an update pack is not possible at this time.  14 means you have either disabled a bunch of types in your Goodinfo.cfg or pulled up an old GBAMiss.

Let's not start any fires. It's already shown here that access to the tracker can be difficult.  My mistake for assuming you hadn't heard of it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014 - 09:58:48 by Zandro »

Offline D34con

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014 - 03:15:40 »
PD is outdated because of their rules. The rules are, for one example, only complete sets, or, as for goodtools, the best miss for years.
I'll maintain goodset-torrents there. I can help you here with single requests. Please fix your goodinfo.cfg, i'll guess you'll miss every video which are indicated by [V]. Also use a favorite texteditor to pull off every ";n" (without qoutes) then run another scan (miss)
I prefer to use Notepad++, which replaces ;n with("nothing", not even a " ")

Zandro

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014 - 03:21:24 »
A basic search+replace will damage entries representing the NES file extension ("[h:Hacks;nes" -> "[h:Hackses").