Author Topic: NonGood  (Read 72978 times)

Online Zandro

• Global Moderator
  • Bézier Extraordinaire
Re: NonGood
« Reply #390 on: October 28, 2016 - 04:52:17 »
Thank you fprietog.

Bowser 56: His message was not for you specifically.  This topic is for sharing games which have not been datted.  Requests do not belong here.

Offline Bowser 56

« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2016 - 03:51:30 »
Thank You Zandro.

Offline fprietog

• SNES Player
« Reply #392 on: November 05, 2016 - 22:21:25 »
Here are a few undatted SNES ROMs:
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline jerry2600

« Reply #393 on: November 08, 2016 - 03:30:45 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login Bang roms everywhere

Offline jerry2600

« Reply #394 on: November 08, 2016 - 05:42:58 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login Sonic hacks

Offline jerry2600

« Reply #395 on: November 14, 2016 - 09:43:06 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login 3 gba roms

Offline fprietog

• SNES Player
« Reply #396 on: December 01, 2016 - 20:44:07 »
Some undatted SNES ROM's:

Online Zandro

• Global Moderator
  • Bézier Extraordinaire
« Reply #397 on: December 03, 2016 - 01:09:07 »
Several of the SMW hacks shared have been 4-byte alterations of roms I've already datted (I can't say for the other games). With few exceptions, I simply dat what the patch outputs, nothing further, to preserve the result as what the producer presumably intended.  If the result rom's checksum mismatched the header, 9/10 times it's because the author's source rom did also, due to post-save label edits or further modification by tools which don't care to maintain this unaffecting data.

Are you fixing the header checksums for a purpose?  AFAIK, "cleaning" roms by modifying the internal checksum is only being disingenuous about the true nature of the data.  When a car is trying to report a problem by flashing a check engine light, you shouldn't reset its status codes and call it okay.  Imagine if No-Intro does this to "fix" dumps of actual cartridges that actually had bad memory cells.  This is now one of the areas I'm considering be filtered out to reduce duplicates, so unless there's a compelling reason, I'd like to not have to keep adding them as (CRC Fix).  So far only 10-12 of them from you, but I know of at least 2550 candidates for this type of alteration.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016 - 01:11:49 by Zandro »

Offline jpantarotto

« Reply #398 on: January 02, 2017 - 16:42:41 »
Found a little bit of everything for SNES at [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
There's pokemon spongebob sonic mk dk issd metroid mario topgear
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017 - 11:44:38 by jpantarotto »

Offline fprietog

• SNES Player
« Reply #399 on: January 02, 2017 - 19:32:59 »
Several of the SMW hacks shared have been 4-byte alterations of roms I've already datted (I can't say for the other games). With few exceptions, I simply dat what the patch outputs, nothing further, to preserve the result as what the producer presumably intended.  If the result rom's checksum mismatched the header, 9/10 times it's because the author's source rom did also, due to post-save label edits or further modification by tools which don't care to maintain this unaffecting data.

Are you fixing the header checksums for a purpose?  AFAIK, "cleaning" roms by modifying the internal checksum is only being disingenuous about the true nature of the data.  When a car is trying to report a problem by flashing a check engine light, you shouldn't reset its status codes and call it okay.  Imagine if No-Intro does this to "fix" dumps of actual cartridges that actually had bad memory cells.  This is now one of the areas I'm considering be filtered out to reduce duplicates, so unless there's a compelling reason, I'd like to not have to keep adding them as (CRC Fix).  So far only 10-12 of them from you, but I know of at least 2550 candidates for this type of alteration.
I didn't saw this question before. Sorry.

I just take these files from epforums.org. I haven't manipulated them.

Offline fprietog

• SNES Player
« Reply #400 on: January 03, 2017 - 10:43:44 »
Found a little bit of everything for SNES at [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
There's pokemon spongebob sonic mk dk issd metroid mario topgear
All of these are datted, some in GoodSNES and the rest in NonGoodSNES. Maybe you didn't remove the headers when checked.

Offline bodkinz

« Reply #401 on: January 05, 2017 - 21:55:05 »
It's that time of the year again, Here are the NonGood Undatted files I have collected over the past year...

If I have forgotten to scan them against other sets or have made any mistakes.. I apologise in advance...

They have been scanned (to the best of my knowledge) with nongood, good, no-intro, tosec, smw hacks and any relevant super dats. They have also been de-headered and checked for duplications (from previous years and also to make sure there arn't any duplications within their own folder... anyway.. here they are... size is just over 1gb... a lot of GBA files..

UnRenamed to follow in the next few days.. in the relevant topic :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017 - 22:07:35 by bodkinz »

Offline fprietog

• SNES Player
« Reply #402 on: January 19, 2017 - 16:11:49 »
Some undatted SNES ROMs:

Offline Bowser 56

« Reply #403 on: February 17, 2017 - 02:27:09 »
any full set for 2017 yet.

Online Zandro

• Global Moderator
  • Bézier Extraordinaire
« Reply #404 on: February 17, 2017 - 02:36:12 »
....No.  There is still 10 months of 2017 left.