Author Topic: NonGoodNDS  (Read 9159 times)

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
NonGoodNDS
« on: November 11, 2014 - 04:28:52 »
Hey out there. I'm in the middle of some WoD merged rebuilds, and I noticed that there was (is?) a set called NonGoodNDS which just cannot be found anymore and may not be affiliated with the actual NonGoods. All the links I found were from 2010 or earlier and the two torrents that are freely available are deader than a doornail. If anyone can point me in the right direction for this elusive set, I would be most grateful.
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Zandro

Re: NonGoodNDS
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014 - 05:21:03 »
It was abandoned in late 2007, then it resurfaced at the end of 2008 with more info added by someone else.

relevant topics:
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

I am seeding the majority of it through this old torrent:

Some day it will show up somewhere in a more "complete" form.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014 - 05:25:31 by Zandro »

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014 - 05:54:54 »
Thanks Zandro! It's a shame it was never continued properly, but at least there are some working leads. I think that torrent you linked to was the one I managed to find before, so thank you for being (probably) the only seeder.
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Macca38

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014 - 00:25:50 »
Ive jumped on this as well...trying to add my few kbs upload speed....but Its struggling

I was 52Mb short....that stupid Snezzi Emulator, full of bugs....and yeah, Its In the Virus Vault..

Of course, Its competing with other torrents, but Ill leave this perma seeding, like the others..

Its not much, but every little bit helps, I guess...

Im getting quite a few hits with this set, and AVG Antivirus.....backdoor Trojans etc..

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014 - 00:37:17 by Macca38 »
Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.
My Current STATS: COMING AGAIN SOON!!

Offline malaxian

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014 - 12:59:40 »
I have been trying to complete this set for a long time and managed to get it down to 12/86 missing on 12-18-2008 version of the dats, I thought i provide fixdats just in case anybody can help get this set closer to completion, also as the  torrent Zandro's kindly provided a link for is still missing few roms I have uploaded a pack of roms which will get you to same as myself,

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login contains 332/7465 files

If you can check your sets and provide any of the missing I would be grateful for your help.

thanks

malaxian

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014 - 21:05:45 »
Thanks for that pack, malaxian! In return, I found a few of the things that you were missing:

The updated fixdat is attached.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014 - 21:53:37 by darksabre76 »

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014 - 22:37:29 »
Actually managed to find some more, though everything else seems to be lost to time (for now).

New fixdat attached.

Zandro

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014 - 22:53:48 »
missing 3

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014 - 23:02:33 »
Folder and fixdat updated:

Edit: Oddly, my own fixdat doesn't match up with the other one. I'm attaching it for (hopefully) small fixes.
Edit: It looks like the torrent from before is what is screwing up everything for me. Disregard the second fixdat until I can figure this out...

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014 - 23:10:40 by darksabre76 »

Zandro

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014 - 23:21:58 »
The old torrent is for an older dat.  Grab what you can, stop the torrent, update the set, then either partial seed the torrent or abandon it.

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014 - 23:23:37 »
I didn't really want to abandon it, but it's screwing things up a little too much. Bon voyage, torrent...

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014 - 02:59:23 »
Okay, got all of that sorted out and found that I have a couple of small missings on top of the latest fixdat. Thanks in advance!

Zandro

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014 - 03:23:09 »
Gerg.

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014 - 09:14:00 »
Much appreciated Zandro! I guess this means that there are 3 really elusive roms left to find...

Offline malaxian

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014 - 17:33:31 »
darksabre76,

thanks for the fills I should have known better about those missing exe files that they don't rebuild unless you change the file extension name to something virus scanner ignores first as some of them were already in that torrent, i should have checked closer. also thanks to Zandro for posting some of those missing as well, :D

never know those missing 3 might turn up one day,

malaxian