Author Topic: Donations Received  (Read 7555 times)

Offline Terra_Cresta

• Administrator
Donations Received
« on: December 06, 2014 - 17:50:14 »
For clarity, going forward I'll post a monthly total for donations received....

February 2015
  • £0.00
January 2015
  • £80.00
December 2014
  • £50.00
November 2014
  • £62.00
  • $30.00 AUD
October 2014
  • £18.00
September 2014
  • £10.00
  • $20.00 USD
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015 - 09:28:52 by Terra_Cresta »

Offline Terra_Cresta

• Administrator
Re: Donations Received
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015 - 09:45:23 »
February has been a bit bleak!

Offline Macca38

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015 - 10:38:30 »
Wow...

Thats pretty piss poor...

I know Its not a money making exercise, but It would be nice, If General members would support the site more..

I know this site Isnt PD, and Im sure they do quite well, but I think we as a group, are just "Too Nice"

To many fixes, etc, provided for absolutely nothing, even to members with only 1 post.

IIl donate a few more dollars, with no hesitation, on next pay, mate.....about a week.

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015 - 10:40:19 by Macca38 »
Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.
My Current STATS: COMING AGAIN SOON!!

Offline amiga1200

• banned
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015 - 11:03:33 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Wow...

Thats pretty piss poor...

I know Its not a money making exercise, but It would be nice, If General members would support the site more..

I know this site Isnt PD, and Im sure they do quite well, but I think we as a group, are just "Too Nice"

To many fixes, etc, provided for absolutely nothing, even to members with only 1 post.

IIl donate a few more dollars, with no hesitation, on next pay, mate.....about a week.

Cheers
^^ now THAT'S funny.
just spent my last twenty GBP on BCG, just for shitz n giggles.
truthfully, it's because i can come and go, share as i please, and chip in on help threads occasionally. (the downloading part, not relevant. do well elsewhere)
it was worth pissing twenty away, just because of the overwhelming good nature of the staffs and the userbase at large.
the nearest to internet home i've ever found. :P
that's worth donating for sure.
maybe if i stick around, and not get the sense of closed borders, i may contribute financially in the future? (not arsed about uploading/downloading from here, already paid my dues.) :D
not to distract, but if things are that bleak (ADMINISTRATOR) pick up that box of ps2 games i'm giving away, maybe they can sell and help offset some site costs...a bit?! (if you live near me and can be arsed that is?!)
offers there...
anyway, that's all to add this end.
wasting time online, when i could be getting wasted and playing games...:(

Offline Macca38

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015 - 13:08:22 »
Whats so Funny?

I dont believe, things are at all that bleak.....but I do believe, most people want everything for nothing, and most members here dont give a shit about this site....they simply use and abuse the contributing members we do have....straight from RR and rape and pillage, like over there, and have no Intention of ever "helping" In any way. When the tracker was running, theyld ask for fixes on the forum, but hardly any would jump on the torrents, and help support, In that way, or they would jump on, get what they wanted, and jump off.....hence the H&R policies at the time..

Ive STOPPED doing most fixes, In the general forums, for this reason.....and the "Laziness Noobie Factor"

As I understand It, this forum was started, simply for, and by a few people, to share a few roms with each other, Including the original defunct tracker....and If you knew the background of those few members, you may have more respect, for this site, and where those roms surfaced from..

The original members here, were known to each other, over many years, trusted each other, and helped each other...

There were very few problems that I saw, until the doors were opened...not that there are that many now, and In fact things are pretty quiet, but I dont see why a single person should shoulder the financial burden.....which IS the MAIN problem.

Seriously, you wonder why sites go down...Ive seen them ALL, come and go, over the last 20 odd years...

PD...has had the monopoly, gets a HEAP of donations regardless that they are Cxxts, and thats why Its stood the test of time, but It Is run by narcissistic wankers, and the way they chew up people, well, every dog eventually has Its day..

We have less rules, here, than most any other site...and simply because we started with Invite only, or we enforced seeding of torrents back then, or have a couple PRIVATE FTPs, that unfortunately got publicly mentioned, you basically accuse us of running a closed workshop?

What, we should all just open everything up, give everything away for free, let people have our bandwidth, and contribute absolutely nothing?

It has NEVER worked that way, but funny how as soon as you start asking for donations, people start picking your faults and comparing you to other "better" sites!

And those private FTPs, etcetera, are paid for by other people who are under NO responsibility to share them. Obviously, youre dirty on that mate, as Its the only thing I can think you are referring to.

Im a generous person, and have ran my own private free FTP for years, and In fact Its still open now, but my experiences with members attitudes, has given me a new outlook on things, and I sure dont go out of my way, like I used to..Also high speed bandwidth has changed things.

Maybe we should close the doors even more, and just go back to looking after those few who are willing to do the right thing, and not worry about trying to grow a membership, and get some longevity for the site. If It was my decision, EVERYTHING, would be private and hidden, especially from people under 25 "proper" posts on the forum

Im not a member of Black Cats....no need for them, but nothing against them either. Ive only heard good things..

But from what youve described of them, not much different to here..apart from membership size.

Each to his own...

See...thats what they do....get their freebies and complete their sets, here, so they can go share, and torrent, on other larger sites...and build ratio

Nothing wrong with that, but Its sort of like a snake eating Its own tail, If you forget where things originally started.

Fuck Romshepherd...hey?

The more you give, the more that Is demanded!

Take a look at the 3DS and NDS threads, for example.....and the attitudes of people, on their first post, demanding a re upload, because they were late to the party, and expect to come here and get whatever they want for free, and the links had the audacity to dare to get taken down..

When that person moves on, or stops uploading, people will wonder why, but Ill tell you RIGHT NOW...

Demanding lazy members, with NO BLOODY RESPECT!

If "other" sites. are so much better, I would also encourage those members, to spend more time THERE.

If you catch my drift!

I would gladly donate here every month, to a limited membership, than donate and know that we are being taken advantage of, by a larger open membership..

Cheers

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015 - 13:20:11 by Macca38 »

Offline amiga1200

• banned
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015 - 13:53:59 »
preaching to the choir.
i didn't say you was closed, i said i got the sense that it is, difference.
without wordmince, since we be candid, i bugged out a while ago, felt that i wasn't right for here.
frankly, i'm SHOCKED that the forum frontend account still lets me post. (read that as in 'not f00k1n B&' yet! tba at your discretion.)
i specifically asked for my account here to be killed, they'll be records that show my upload/ITEM share FAR exceeds that of rip, just as it stands, i'm no longer registered at the tracker side, can't point out shares as they'll be orphaned.
if you look to my last response on the intro thread, that was a crapshoot login try that worked..;D
just saying what i'm feeling about the situation.
it was admin who i approached over ALL heads and asked for invite to tracker, he was great, took me at word and i committed to sharing what little i had. (records WILL prove that)
nobody said you should open gates, and i KNOW about PD, agreed to the outlook. (NOT registered, not that stupid or insane for punishment)
if it's seen as disrespect to RS (dunno what RR is?) for my POV, then i apologise for how it sounded, the message/intent remains.
as for the rest, i stand PRETTY (not dirty) my stats are through the roof wherever i'm at.
i suppose i have to consider that some aren't compatible with others, i'm reviewing my continued stay here.
(it's true sites are like real communities, some you gel with, some not, and a few that claim to be good guys but...?!?!?)
[edit]
typo.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015 - 13:56:44 by amiga1200 »
wasting time online, when i could be getting wasted and playing games...:(

Offline Macca38

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015 - 00:45:35 »
Thankyou Amiga 1200

That cleared it up for me, and was totally fair..

So, no problems..

Yes, there are  a few problems, with the site administration, as In coding and getting things to work, but my whole point Is, the few people behind the scenes, are Rom Collectors, BIG TIME, and have been for a number of years, thus, there Is a pool of great experience available here.

This site, Is worth bookmarking.

Things are happening In the background, to address certain problems, and give this site a lifespan, and from my own experience, It takes a little time, and there are other commitments that may come first, such as family or work. Some of us are no longer "youngish"....I am about to turn 53..

So, keep an eye on us.....The romsets are not the problem here....you can get basically Anything, If you ask the right questions....but other problems as I said, Site related, are being addressed.

RR, Is RetroRoms.....a great site, but Its a bit messy...

Thats why I always look here first as my MAIN site.....sure It has small problems, most Inobtrusive, but I rarely have to look elsewhere, and Its surely cleaner than RR, though starting to get a little "That way" Itself, which Is why I try and pull first time posters, asking for freebies, up, and ask for a little respect.

Most seem to come from over that way, and they expect Its the same here..

There Is a Thanks button, but Its all too easy to click, and IMO, doesnt convey the real message...much like a cheap way out..

One thing Ild like to clear up.....and we clearly stated this many times....

The Tracker at that time, was NOT about Ratio......It was about seeding back for a minimum of 36 hours total, so as to not trigger a Hit N Run.

If members could just realise this, they would also have realised that regardless of their ratio, they simply had to seed even teh largest torrent for 36 hours, after completion, and It was then theirs, for free....they were able to log off after that 36 hours, but If they chose to seed a torrent for longer, as I myself have done, and as many others have also done, It was their choice, though GREATLY appreciated.

Even though Ratio has NEVER been enforced here, the records are there and It Is plain to see for Moderators, who Is supporting and who Is simply taking...

The Hit N Run Script, was simply a first line of defense, to save the bandwidth of those sharing, and protect them from people brazen enough or who had the wrong mentality, and were simply there to leech and run..

Even then, they got 5 chances..

As a supporter of this small site, I support anything that protects It, and If Its wrong of me to expect other members to feel the same, then Ill make no apologies..

The bandwidth that was shared, was PRIVATE bandwidth, shared by other members and tehre are a small few, who shouldered a huge burden, by keeping torrents alive. It Is simply their Interest, that I try and protect, for teh sake of genuine members..

And, back to Donations...

As a site grows, so does Its needs....Donations may pay for many different things, but are called Donations, or "Beer Money" for a reason..

I would like to see this site, with Its own server, fully secure private tracker....the LOT, so that real service can be provided to members...but without "Donations" to even cover costs, It means the funds come out of the private pocket, of the site administrator.....something we try to avoid, as he works for his money, and has a family.

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015 - 01:06:03 by Macca38 »

Offline bingobongo

• SCENE DATs
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015 - 08:05:45 »
sent..
l33ch0rs, give a beer to Terra_Cresta and support this site!  ;D
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login - [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline antmac

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016 - 12:48:35 »
Terra_Cresta

just tried to make a little donation, i thought a few ice cold ones during the hot weather would be in order 8) 8) 8)

but to no avail, paypal says you are unable to recieve any dosh

any alternative or shall i drink em for ya.......... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline illo-san

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017 - 17:46:45 »
....a Bitcoin address?  ::)

Offline Terra_Cresta

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017 - 18:03:28 »
....a Bitcoin address?  ::)
I did look at it. I have no idea what I'm doing though. I got a wallet!!! ;)

Payment information
URI: bitcoin:1NFGFyphnmRCm6ak4ma4rwJhVEQm83PL7X?label=illo-san
Address: 1NFGFyphnmRCm6ak4ma4rwJhVEQm83PL7X
Label: illo-san
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017 - 18:14:17 by Terra_Cresta »

Offline illo-san

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017 - 19:06:34 »
Ok, something in flight...

Tell me if everything is fine  :D

Offline Terra_Cresta

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017 - 18:16:38 »
Ok, something in flight...

Tell me if everything is fine  :D
I'm still syncing up. Only 23 weeks behind!

Offline illo-san

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017 - 19:02:59 »
 :o

You must use MultiBit HD...

If you have time look at my PM...

Offline Terra_Cresta

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017 - 18:20:30 »
If I switch to MultiBit HD will you need to resend as I assume this will create a new wallet?

PS. Invite sent.