Author Topic: Current No-Intro MIA  (Read 207266 times)

Offline jpantarotto

Current No-Intro MIA
« on: February 13, 2015 - 23:08:45 »
*** This is your co-flockwrangler Zandro speaking... This topic's maintainer has forsaken clipboard duty, so uh... now I get to look important.

First, What's MIA?

MIA is short for "Missing In Action" - a term used in the military to classify soldiers whose whereabouts are unknown, having disappeared during their service.  Here, we vaguely apply the notion to ROMs said to exist, but have not been shared for a concerning length of time.  This does not apply to ROMs kept fully private, where we do not know whether a dumped copy exists or not.  Generally, we need to have hashes of ROMs before we can verify them properly.  Nor does it apply to ROMs datted a few days ago.  There should be strong and obvious indication that a ROM will not be released under reasonable circumstances before declaring it MIA.

These ROMs may be withheld due to ethical, financial, or even egotistical reasons, or there is a desire for independent verification: if someone else's dump matches theirs, there is less chance either is wrong and it is more likely to be released.  Whatever the excuse, many are annoyed by the idea of hoarding and treat it as a disease, while others learn to find spiritual balance in knowing that for Yang there must be Yin...

Second, What's MIA?

As of 21 Feb 2017, the number of MIA ROMs is respectably small, with only these sets not completable:

Commodore - Amiga: 525/5772 roms (including 2 nodumps), 346/3159 sets

see attachment

Sinclair - ZX Spectrum +3: 3/130 roms

LED Storm - Lazer Enhanced Destruction (Europe)
Rock Star Ate My Hamster (Europe)
Tiger Road (Europe)

NOTE THIS!

This topic became a fix request frenzy.  Please use the designated topics to keep your hunts and requests organized by platform, and use this topic for reference only.  Considering the list above, you can rest knowing practically all new DAT entries will be shared where they should be.

*work in progress* -- PM me with suggestions.

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · PS3(Down) · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login([You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login|[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login|[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login) · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login([You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login|[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login|[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login) · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · N64DD · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Pokemon Mini · Virtual Boy · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · Sufami Turbo

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · XB360(On Demand) · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · MSX/MSX2

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · Atari 5200 · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · Atari Jaguar · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · Atari ST
Bandai WonderSwan · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · Casio Loopy · Casio PV-1000
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · Commodore C64 · Commodore Plus-4 · Commodore VIC-20
ColecoVision · Emerson Arcadia 2001 · Entex Adventure Vision · Epoch Super Cassette Vision
Fairchild Channel F · Funtech Super Acan · GamePark GP32 · GCE Vectrex · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
LeapFrog Leapster · Magnavox Odyssey2 · NEC PCE/TGX16 · NEC PCE/SGX · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Philips Videopac+ · RCA Studio II · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Sega 32X · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · Sega SG-1000
Tiger Game.com · Tiger Gizmondo · VTech CreatiVision · [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login · Watara Supervision

*hangs up clipboard*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017 - 19:23:44 by Zandro »

Offline Macca38

Re: Current No-Intro MIA
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015 - 23:22:15 »
"If you build It.....They will come!"

I lost a drive with No Intro and Goodsets a month or so back....been rebuilding from old backups and finding what I could, before I asked for anything...

Anyway, If you make the thread, Ill use It after youve got your fixes..

Oh, you basically already have...lol

Im pretty sure, theres still a few that have not yet been released to the public..

Fact Is, my No-Intro sets, are the most Incomplete, as far as hoarded roms go, that they have been In over 10 years....

Cheers
Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.
My Current STATS: COMING AGAIN SOON!!

Online malaxian

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015 - 04:06:44 »
jpantarotto

Pico are not MIA, thanks to TeamEurope who released them a few days ago.

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

malaxian

Offline StanA4957ZED

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015 - 14:26:33 »
Here is how I got all Greens and saved about 2 terrabytes.

Got rid of everything that was not USA.  Duplicates that I will never use or refer to ever in my life.
What is the point of devoting hard drive space just to have it.
Then I got rid of the custom hoarding stuff.  People don't want to share then that's on them.

The XBox stuff is moot because I don't have a 360 and the PSP stuff no one will post the collection on Usenet where everyone can get it.

Last, as in the GBA e-cards.  Those few will never see the light of day and the only emulator that I know about that may remotely use them you have to buy it.

Yes it sounds negative but the reality is that most of the entire collection of everything is everywhere and free on the internet.
20 years ago you had to fight for collections but now, not so much unless you are in some censored country.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015 - 14:31:58 by StanA4957ZED »

Offline Greenx

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015 - 04:17:51 »
Most if not all are private roms and not out in the wild yet. We all are missing those same ones.

Offline superlilly

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015 - 05:53:30 »
Amiga - 364

ds 0

Offline milla4

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015 - 10:13:05 »
DS 0? How?

Offline superlilly

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015 - 12:05:54 »
latest nds dat 0 missing, reintroduced the last 2 roms

Offline milla4

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015 - 02:10:34 »
My bad, but hey, anyone missing the 5 new gameboy 4in1 sachen?  ::)

Online philgood1351fr

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015 - 11:24:03 »
these ones ?

Offline Gefflon

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015 - 11:37:14 »
No, there are newer ones out there:

4 in 1 (Europe) (4B-001, Sachen-Commin) (Unl)
4 in 1 (Europe) (4B-004, Sachen-Commin) (Unl)
4 in 1 (Europe) (4B-006, Sachen) (Unl)
4 in 1 (Europe) (4B-008, Sachen) (Unl)
4 in 1 (Europe) (4B-009, Sachen) (Unl)

Offline milla4

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015 - 11:21:41 »
Yep, those are  MIA's it seems... ;)

Offline zilongnv

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015 - 03:02:28 »
my miss.....

Offline einstein95