Author Topic: Sega Saturn Missing Sets  (Read 132958 times)

Offline Gaijin

Re: Sega Saturn Missing Sets
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015 - 16:56:00 »
Balthier, can you upload full bad image Courier Crisis - The Saga of the Modern Fatalist (Japan) OR link where download it OR par file for it with some blocks. I want to try compare second track with usa version.

Offline Balthier

• Sr. Sky Pirate and ISO Alchemist
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015 - 20:15:34 »
@Gaijin, here you go if you wanna take a crack at the second track of Courier Crisis jap version in a hex editor
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

I tried already comparing tracks, even the europe version too than can be found around the net.  I included the cd image that track came from in there too.

@wiggy2k thanks for Kyuutenkai.  I had wondered what track 2 was missing and it was just that weird partially scrambled sector at the beginning.  Dunno where you got this dump but nice work :D

I also deleted letters A to B from my uploaded stuff for you.  I know you said you got letter C but I had to stop partway through those yesterday and pick back up again at the Command and Conquer games.  I'll try to squeeze more stuff up there before I have to head out in about 90 minutes.

Offline wiggy2k

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015 - 22:11:37 »
Gaijin. I've uploaded the darkwater European and USA dumps Along with the Trurip European dump of Courier Crisis here:
Maybe they will help with hacking together that last track.

Offline Gaijin

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015 - 07:20:24 »
wiggy2k, Balthier, thanks.
Here track 2 -> [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
or PAR file to get all tracks+cue from bad images -> [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015 - 08:15:54 by Gaijin »

Offline wiggy2k

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015 - 12:30:27 »
Well Done GaiJin,

@Balthier: i'm finished with all in your folder again, thanks, finally feel like i'm getting there :)

Don't know if you guys noticed, but there has been 7 new dumps added yesterday/today

Skull Fang: Kuuga Gaiden    [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Final Fight Revenge     [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Darius II     [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Soukyuu Gurentai    [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Rabbit   [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Metal Black   [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Thunder Force Gold Pack 1    [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

If any of you are adept at ripping / converting releases then cloneCD (SPOOL) images of all 7 are here.

Downloaded the latest ReDump DAT and there was also some minor name changes.  (also download the latest cues) and it appears that track 1 and 2 of  Steamgear Mash (Japan) no longer match :(

EDIT:  two more dumps added this afternoon, again SPOOL releases added at the above link.

Stellar Assault SS     [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Arcade Gears Vol. 2: Gun Frontier     [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015 - 18:28:37 by wiggy2k »

Offline Balthier

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015 - 17:32:10 »
@ Gaijin thanks for figuring out how to fix that audio track for Courier Crisis.  Usually I can figure them out but sometimes the solution evades me.

@wiggy2k Let me have a look at what just went up on Redump and I'll get back later today.  I think I can find and rerip all that stuff from what's out there currently, not too difficult.

Offline Balthier

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2015 - 19:21:59 »
Okay, I have the fixed tracks for Steamgear Mash uploaded to my Redump folder now.  Just download them and replace the ones you have already.  Basically all that needed to be done was to cut the last sector from the first track, scramble all of that sector with Redump's Descramble_CDDA.exe tool (because descrambling already descrambled data actually scrambles it, because its the same algorithm ;) ) in their Tools of the Trade thread, then paste it onto the front of the second track in a hex editor.

I am currently uploading to the Updates folder:
Arcade Gears Vol. 2 - Gun Frontier (Japan)
Darius II (Japan) (2M)
Final Fight Revenge (Japan)
Metal Black (Japan) (1M)
Rabbit (Japan)
Skull Fang - Kuuga Gaiden (Japan)
Soukyuu Gurentai (Japan)
Stellar Assault SS (Japan)
Thunder Force Gold Pack 1 (Japan)

EDIT- 2 more dumps added to Redump's database since wiggy2k's last edit:
AI Shougi 2 (Japan) [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Nekketsu Oyako (Japan) [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

I can obtain Nekketsu Oyako so look for that uploaded soon but I don't currently know where to find AI Shougi 2 so wiggy2k if there is a SPOOL release or another source you may have or have access to, can you upload for us please?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015 - 21:43:31 by Balthier »

Offline wiggy2k

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2015 - 22:14:56 »
Yeah it looks like Greyfox is having a productive dumping day.

No spool release of AI Shougi 2, there is one for Nekketsu Oyako but you already have access to that.
Don't think it's any of Darkwater, Tosec or Trurip either. will keep looking.

I don't know how you dump them from other images and get the correct CRC but Thank you so much. 

Offline Balthier

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2015 - 23:56:13 »

No spool release of AI Shougi 2, there is one for Nekketsu Oyako but you already have access to that.
Don't think it's any of Darkwater, Tosec or Trurip either. will keep looking.

I don't know how you dump them from other images and get the correct CRC but Thank you so much.

It took some guesswork and practice to the point where I saw patterns with disc images, and some other stuff.

For example, the Spool images you uploaded all have a common factor, and that is, the first audio track always starts with 96 bytes, or 24 samples (4 bytes =1 sample) of garbage data.  This is most likely a result of the CD or DVD drive the individual was using to dump the discs (the offset if you will).  I cut that out in a hex editor, then add 529200 bytes of data (all zeroes) to the beginning of that track, and add the same to the end of the last audio track, as long as that track doesn't end with non-zero data, because sometimes (more often than not) the audio data on the last track isn't completely dumped.  I then use a program written by V on Redump called findcrcs.exe to search the location of the checksum of the first audio track, and just start cutting each track.  The Arcade Gears image and the Stellar image had to be region patched using the tool Madroms made.  I've also taken disc images from different regions and compared audio and had to cut n paste bytes to get proper tracks, not too unlike what Gaijin just did with Courier Crisis.  I also take MESS chds and convert them back into bins to get stuff as well, but the problem with that is the audio in most cases is messed up (no pun intended).  The audio usually has the first few seconds of data chopped off on each track.  They are mostly good for getting the data tracks.  Luckily there are other versions of the game on the net I can acquire the audio from to piece them back together.  Hopefully, this all makes sense to everyone.  I know how it works in my head, but explaining it is somewhat difficult for me.

I know people have ripped on the individuals that run Redump for their unconventional methods of ripping, and perhaps their pushiness, and yes it can be hard work.  But I think it is worth it.  I liken it to wanting to have a perfect copy of a classic painting.  I want it as perfect as possible, but I'm not going to settle for it if a corner or two is ripped off.  The Trurip set has a lot of images that match Redump's perfectly if you look at the total checksum, which on Redump is listed at the end of all the tracks.  BUT, I've also noticed Trurip has quite a few dumps that are erroneous, and Redump's method of separated tracks also helps to narrow down where the errors are in a dump.  Also Redump has a mostly public database, whereas, from what I've read, the individuals behind Trurip have shut out most of the public since last summer to their database, for whatever reason.  I've also read that Trurip does it for "fun".  Well I take it a bit more seriously than that.  I don't play most of this stuff, I like collecting it like people collect coins or stamps or art or music.

But anyway, that's how I do it in short, maybe one day I could write a tutorial on the tricks to recreating Redump dumps.

I'm uploading the rest of what you need right now.  Haven't gotten around to grabbing the latest dat from Redump to recheck my stuff but hopefully its all good.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015 - 00:11:47 by Balthier »

Offline wiggy2k

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2015 - 19:29:46 »
thanks for the explanation, gave it a go last night, got absolutely nowhere haha.
I'll have another go when i get some spare time.

Mega is finally playing the game today (has failed to download for me the last two days - was getting so far through a file and then grinding to a halt)
Thanks again.

Offline wiggy2k

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2015 - 12:57:48 »
Balthier, i've grabbed all from your Mega link, thank you so much. just downloading all the SPOOL releases that were posted to usenet as a thanks.
I'll PM you details later (probably tomorrow, when i've got them in a place you can grab them)

Latest fixDAT for redump attached

Offline Balthier

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2015 - 00:52:52 »
Balthier, i've grabbed all from your Mega link, thank you so much. just downloading all the SPOOL releases that were posted to usenet as a thanks.
I'll PM you details later (probably tomorrow, when i've got them in a place you can grab them)

Latest fixDAT for redump attached

Cool.  I'm glad I could help you out.  And the SPOOL releases could prove to be very valuable in the future for rebuilding disc images on the Redump database.

And don't feel bad about getting nowhere with the ripping thing.  I want to make a decent guide for doing it, since the old Rocknroms guide at [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login is severely outdated.  Hopefully I can keep it simple enough that anyone can follow along.  I'm thinking maybe I'll write it up as a html file with screenshots, and include the necessary programs and a few other things that will help, and pack it all and upload it.

Offline R3C01L

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2015 - 07:26:26 »

All those dumps have been done for roughly 6 months. Just now getting added slowly. In total there are around 400 new discs/verifications being added and after that around another 100 consisting of demos and other stuff.

So nice to see some people caring for Saturn and happy hunting!

Offline Balthier

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2015 - 12:27:30 »

All those dumps have been done for roughly 6 months. Just now getting added slowly. In total there are around 400 new discs/verifications being added and after that around another 100 consisting of demos and other stuff.

So nice to see some people caring for Saturn and happy hunting!
Wow that's a lot.  You wouldn't happen to know of a way to acquire that list do you?  I've seen some posts on a major forum (EP) labeled Redump for some PC stuff that were up long before they got listed on Redump just recently too.

Looks like I'm going to have to rearrange some stuff on my external drives to make room.  I have a 1.5tb and a 2tb and they are mostly full already lol.

Offline Balthier

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015 - 18:49:59 »
2 more added to the database:

FIFA Soccer 96 (Japan)
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login <---ripped zipped n uploaded already (see my sig for link)
PGA Tour 97 (Japan)
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login  <---this one is a problem, see notes below.

Notes:  I ripped what I could for PGA Tour 97 (Japan) from the "PGA-TOUR-97-JAP-SAT-SPOOL" release (thanks for that wiggy2k!).  The last track (4) is underdumped by 3248 bytes.  This is currently the BEST AVAILABLE that I can find.  I tried looking at the USA redump version and that one has slightly more data for track 4, and actually more data than any Europe version iso I could find, this also includes converted isos from the available MESS chds out there, as well as Trurip.  I can't get a matching checksum after adding the usa data in, so I just uploaded all the tracks as they were to the Incomplete dumps folder.  On a side note the data track also had to be patched back to its original region using Madroms Saturn patcher.

@Gaijin, if you have a way to fix that track you're more than welcome to try.

One more added to the database since I made this post:
NHL 97 (Japan)
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login  <---ripped zipped n uploaded!

If any more go up I'll have to check em out n post what I can tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015 - 21:43:31 by Balthier »