OK, here is another mega collection of MESS updates, similar to the one I posted over in the MAME updates thread.
It occurred to me that once the list of files gets longer and a number of renames occur, it gets a little confusing about which .zip file has which ROM.
So, in this collection, I have included three data files to keep things sorted.
An update .dat (dir2dat) file which has all known update ROMs up to that revision number.
A present .dat file which has all ROMs currently in the mega update folder.
An optional miss .dat file which will contain the data for any ROMs listed in the update file, but not in the mega folder yet. When nothing is missing, then it will be replaced by a file named "nomiss.txt". I'm not expecting anyone to fill the miss file, it's just there to account for everything when someone is trying to catch up.
Linky: [You are not allowed to view links]
Disclaimer: since I just grabbed some of these files from another mega folder, I am not absolutely sure the .dat files I put up exactly match each ROM filename. I'm pretty sure every ROM is there, searching by CRC - but there might be a couple of extras to start out. As I continue this project in the future, I will ensure the .dat files match the .zips as closely as possible.Edit:
I added a readme.txt file to the folder, explaining the layout. I also added a 7-zip archive containing all present ROMs for quicker importing and downloading.
Revised revision numbers to match those on [You are not allowed to view links]
.dat files updated to r35346.Current status: All ROMs present
. No changes up to r35358.Recap:B2K24
suggested over in the MAME thread that we provide links to mega folders to try to streamline the distribution process for this round of updates. And a couple of us have established some more folders.B2K24's
link from reply #11 of this thread: [You are not allowed to view links]
link from reply #13: [You are not allowed to view links]
And my (wlkdf90jdfg
) link, repeated from above: [You are not allowed to view links]
If you can't find something in one, try the other two. I put some .dats up there in mine indicating what's missing and what's present. The latest revision number completed is in the filenames of the .dats.