Author Topic: Missing Dreamcast  (Read 79393 times)

Offline Balthier

• Sr. Sky Pirate and ISO Alchemist
Re: Missing Dreamcast
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015 - 14:32:19 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Many thanks for this post!

I can't download from 4shared without a Facebook, Twitter, etc. login? Maybe someone you can post this at MEGA?

Cheers
I can, sure.  I didn't really want to use 4shared but mega is being so disagreeable for me lately.  It was faster for me to upload to 4shared than mega (almost 90 minutes for a 400mb file, f' that, should be much faster).  I'll edit that post later when I can get a better connection.

Offline wiggy2k

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015 - 15:32:29 »
Mega has been a bit of a bitch for me lately too. which is a bit annoying as i've just paid 99euro to renew my years subscription.

Online retaliator

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015 - 16:33:46 »
@Balthier: no problem, every sharing of new stuff is welcome!! ;D

So one more hoster to go...

MEGA link for the lazy ones:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015 - 19:20:36 by retaliator »
PS2 public dumps: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Balthier

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015 - 19:57:14 »
Mega has been a bit of a bitch for me lately too. which is a bit annoying as i've just paid 99euro to renew my years subscription.
I'm glad it's not just me then.  I have access to 3 different connections, 2 different versions of Windows (7 ultimate and 8 pro) and all 3 major browsers plus Chrome Canary, and at times it will act normal and upload at 1.0Mbs and then it just craps out to a slow speed, and it'll say "Upload failed retrying" a lot too.  Sometimes opening cmd and pinging mega over and over will kick it in the butt and get it going again like so:

ping mega.co.nz -t -l 4

then I just pause the command until it stops uploading again.  I hate babysitting a connection like that.

Anyway, here's the mega link for the DC updates folder: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

I'm trying to get the other new one but one of the source torrents stopped at 99.7% and I have a little more than 2 megabytes to go, at this rate the other torrent I'm trying will probably finish before it does.

Offline Balthier

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015 - 21:23:35 »
Okay on its way to the link in my last post:

Samba de Amigo Ver. 2000 (Japan) [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

for those of you that already have the TOSEC/TRURIP version, I already uploaded track 2 and the gdi file since those are the only differences.  Tracks 1 and 3 are exactly the same, so you can save yourself some bandwidth.

Offline milla4

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015 - 12:00:48 »
Hi Balthier, I checked the TOSECs and the audio tracks are usually recoverable using you methods. Is there also a neat way to fix the data tracks too?

Offline mintbandit

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015 - 12:24:22 »
This handy tool will fix the third data track of a tosec image.

Offline Balthier

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015 - 14:11:03 »
Cool I did not know there was a tool to attach a proper pregap to the last data track of a DC disc image.  This will come in handy in the future.

To answer milla4's question, what I would do is look at the sync header at the beginning of the last data track, then search for it in a 2GB image of empty sectors I made, then copy the 352800 bytes (2 seconds) that come before that header from it and paste that on the beginning of the broken track, then add 176400 bytes (1 second) of zeroes to the front of that and save it.

So the last data track is like this:

1 second of empty audio data sectors
2 seconds of empty data sectors
finally the actual data.

Offline mintbandit

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2015 - 15:55:14 »
Cool I did not know there was a tool to attach a proper pregap to the last data track of a DC disc image.  This will come in handy in the future.

I have had this for a couple of years now. It was originally posted in the Redump forums.

Brilliant tool. Credit goes to the original creator.

Offline milla4

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015 - 15:30:01 »
Thanks Balthier, I added your method to the rom conversion script I'm working on and managed to convert a tosec DC to redump. ;D I also figured out how to calculate the offset of the data sector so there is no need for searching any more. BTW, does anyone know if there is a docu on the .cdi format? Would be nice to be able to split those images into single tracks. The tools I found just split into a wav and a data track, not the 5 tracks that I was expecting...

Offline uLuGaBi

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015 - 13:21:18 »
So it puts to 19 missing out of 563

Offline Balthier

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015 - 19:08:53 »
Thanks Balthier, I added your method to the rom conversion script I'm working on and managed to convert a tosec DC to redump. ;D I also figured out how to calculate the offset of the data sector so there is no need for searching any more. BTW, does anyone know if there is a docu on the .cdi format? Would be nice to be able to split those images into single tracks. The tools I found just split into a wav and a data track, not the 5 tracks that I was expecting...
Well the thing with those CDIs is that they were made by groups in the old DC scene, so you can't really turn them into GDI format due to all the downsampling done to the video and audio to make the images fit onto CDRs that could be burned and played on a real DC console.  Basically they're junk for preservation purposes.

Offline uLuGaBi

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2015 - 16:49:06 »
Anyone have the new one
Derby Tsuku: Derby Uma o Tsukurou! (Japan)
?

Offline antmac

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2015 - 17:34:21 »
currently rescanning whole redump sets, taking ages ???

had a look
track 1 and 3 same as TOSEC set
Dabitsuku v1.002 (2000)(Sega)(NTSC)(JP)[!]

track 2 wrong from that set but other games already have the audio track 2 with same crc ie;
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Japan)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015 - 17:39:26 by antmac »

Offline Balthier

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2015 - 20:00:05 »
Derby Tsuku - Derby Uma o Tsukurou! (Japan) [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

uploaded here: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login