Author Topic: Trurip datfiles  (Read 11127 times)

Offline retaliator

Trurip datfiles
« on: May 02, 2015 - 06:44:36 »
Hi Guys,

does anyone have the latest set of datfiles?

TIA!!!
PS2 public dumps: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Online malaxian

Re: Trurip datfiles
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015 - 07:16:10 »
retaliator,

here the latest set of public dats which were available before went private also included is the 2 updated sets which have been released over at PD since they went private.

BTW only have them in superdat format even if this what you already have these might be us-full to somebody.

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline retaliator

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015 - 10:31:22 »
Thanks malaxian, superdat is fine!! :D
PS2 public dumps: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline RATMNL

• Patron Saint of the Totally F*cked
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015 - 18:42:17 »
Anybody got his hands on the "new" trurip dats as provided with the new sets over at PD?
"Those voices in his head might not be real, but they have really good ideas!"

Offline drake008@

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015 - 19:59:33 »
Dats are defective. At least the Saturn ones.
In my case even after deleting everything and started a new.

If you take a look at Saturn Games you'll see something like this

Code:
Only registered users can see contents. Please click here to Register or Login.     
And this amp does not belong there
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015 - 20:03:57 by drake008@ »

Online malaxian

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015 - 20:41:27 »
2 more sets have been updated so here's a pack with the 4 sets which have been posted at PD over the last couple of months

both formats included including the cue files thanks to ripper006 and the dumping team.

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login updated saga Saturn and Philips CD i sets.

BTW quote from forum over at Pd

We will be offering two sets of artwork; Our own scanned "raw" tiff files 600 dpi and a set made specifically for the use in a FrontEnd that will also contain compressed art. And again DAT sets will be provided for these.

So in short, hang on to your art files since you will be using them later on to  rebuild the trurip art set.

drake008@

is that with new updated dats posted today

malaxian

malaxian

Offline Balthier

• Sr. Sky Pirate and ISO Alchemist
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015 - 21:04:07 »
I'd still like to know why the trurip database is private anyway.  Seems kind of pointless to have a catalog of dumps no one but a select few can see.  What's the point in that?
closed. no time n no patience for slow ass mega.nz

Online malaxian

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015 - 21:20:26 »
Balthier,

don't know the whole story but they got pissed off that some dumps  found there way into a another set of dats  a while back and they were made private not long after, hopefully with time they might re-open up the downloads on there site but for now we us public have to wait for the odd release over at PD,

malaxian
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015 - 00:57:56 by malaxian »

Offline drake008@

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015 - 22:06:09 »
@drake008@

is that with new updated dats posted today

malaxian

malaxian

Yes, I tried the ones you just posted and in the Saturn dats there are these AMPs so that I cannot use them in Romvault.

Offline Zandro

• Global Moderator
  • B├ęzier Extraordinaire
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015 - 22:48:29 »
HTML encoded values for ampersands (&) and apostrophes (') is normal, and not a new concept in dats.  What's new to me (compared to my cache of dats) is that there are now encoded unicode characters in the description tags. 

Code:
However, the error you have seems to be that you have forgotten to remove previous dats before loading the superdat.  As I had no TruRip dats loaded prior, the superdat loaded with no errors in my instance of RomVault 2.2.0.  Otherwise, I would have suggested you search and replace &# with &#, or out of desperation try killing all game description tags in case that had any effect (it shouldn't).

The dat snippet you show is not from a superdat, while that error message indicates you still have normal dats in your DatRoot... If you are trying to load the superdat, remove all normal dats first.  If no, then at least make sure the dats all have a unique name tag in the headers, as that is what the root path is defined by in normal dats.  <name>Sega Saturn - Games</name> in Games AND Educational, will create the conflict.  Similarly, <game name="Games\... in the superdat will conflict with a normal dat under the right circumstance.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015 - 23:05:16 by Zandro »

Offline Balthier

• Sr. Sky Pirate and ISO Alchemist
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015 - 02:37:19 »
Balthier,

don't know the whole story but they got pissed off that some dumps  found there way into a another set of dats  a while back and they were made private not long after, hopefully with time they might re-open up the downloads on there site but for now we us public have to wait for the odd release over at PD,

malaxian
I think I read through a thread about that dump on here somewhere and the argument that followed.  IIRC it was some rare Sega prototype that a guy paid a lot of money to get, so I can see why they would be mad about that.  They should just do like Redump does with certain types of discs and keep it hidden but allow the rest to be public.  But if that's all it was then pfft, that was a while ago, time to get over the butthurt n move on.  Kludge is a dumper at Redump and provides dats to the public that aren't available to non-dumpers, and so far Redump hasn't gone apeshit and closed their doors over it.  I dunno, preservation should be for everyone, not a closed little group of snobs, in my opinion.
closed. no time n no patience for slow ass mega.nz

Offline drake008@

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015 - 09:24:35 »
HTML encoded values for ampersands (&amp;) and apostrophes (&apos;) is normal, and not a new concept in dats.  What's new to me (compared to my cache of dats) is that there are now encoded unicode characters in the description tags. 

Code:
However, the error you have seems to be that you have forgotten to remove previous dats before loading the superdat.  As I had no TruRip dats loaded prior, the superdat loaded with no errors in my instance of RomVault 2.2.0.  Otherwise, I would have suggested you search and replace &amp;# with &#, or out of desperation try killing all game description tags in case that had any effect (it shouldn't).

The dat snippet you show is not from a superdat, while that error message indicates you still have normal dats in your DatRoot... If you are trying to load the superdat, remove all normal dats first.  If no, then at least make sure the dats all have a unique name tag in the headers, as that is what the root path is defined by in normal dats.  <name>Sega Saturn - Games</name> in Games AND Educational, will create the conflict.  Similarly, <game name="Games\... in the superdat will conflict with a normal dat under the right circumstance.

I don't use the superdat. Just the single ones. It is better to check the folders with these. Also I downloaded a new version of romvault and put it in another folder after I got this error befor I posted this error. So there is something wrong.

I put just one file in it and there I can see that the main name which should/could look like so "Sega Saturn - Games (Trurip_XML)" on the left pane is plane "Saturn:" and that is for all 7 dats. That is the problem.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015 - 09:31:57 by drake008@ »

Offline RCade

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015 - 09:35:43 »
Ripper006 has kindly sent me the regular dats for Philips CDI & VCD for those that don't yet use the superdats.
He will update his post on PD later.

Cheers Ripper :)

Offline redsector

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015 - 13:03:28 »
I rebuild today with clrmame my old SNK Neo-Geo CD Set with the new dat from PD. Now i noticed that the Set on my Harddisk is 30GB bigger. Same CloneCD-Images where rebuild as the JP Version & Wld Version. Is there any way to remove the dupes?

Offline RCade

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015 - 13:57:53 »
Redsector,

The only way is to use the superdats. Not used these (yet) though.