Author Topic: IBM - PC compatible pal redump  (Read 122110 times)

Offline SooperWill99

Re: IBM - PC compatible pal redump
« Reply #360 on: April 29, 2018 - 23:55:12 »
Hi, guys,
Can I have the following files, which I am missing:

Alone in the Dark (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)
Blues Brothers, The (Europe)
Command & Conquer (Windows 95 Edition) (Europe) (Disc 1)
Command & Conquer (Windows 95 Edition) (Europe) (Disc 2)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Europe)
Jammit (Europe)
Monkey Island Bounty Pack, The - The Secret of Monkey Island & Monkey Island 2 - LeChuck's Revenge (Europe)
Rayman (Europe) (En,Es,It,Nl)
Rayman (Europe) (En,Fr,De)
Rayman Gold (Europe)
Sam & Max Hit the Road (Europe) (v2.0)
Smurfs, The (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (Rerelease)
Sonic Adventure DX - Director's Cut (Europe) (Disc 1)
Sonic Adventure DX - Director's Cut (Europe) (Disc 2)
Sonic CD (Europe)
Sonic CD (Europe) (Alt)
Sonic Heroes (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl) (Disc 1)
Sonic Heroes (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl) (Disc 2)
Tintin - Prisoners of the Sun (Belgium, Netherlands) (En,Fr,De,Es)
Tintin in Tibet (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Pt,Sv)
Tomb Raider (Europe)
Turok - Dinosaur Hunter (Europe)

I would especially like Sonic CD (Europe).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018 - 23:50:47 by SooperWill99 »

Offline D34con

« Reply #361 on: April 30, 2018 - 00:21:23 »
Rayman (Europe) (En,Es,It,Nl)
here:
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Offline SooperWill99

« Reply #362 on: May 01, 2018 - 21:44:56 »
Thank you for that file!

However, I would also like the Rayman (Europe) (En,Fr,De) version as well because it is missing for some reason. If anyone can upload that for me, as well as Sonic CD (Europe) (Alt), then I can call it a day for missing Redump files for now.  ;D

Additionally, of anyone has any of the other ones listed above, then that would be even better.

Offline Jackal

« Reply #363 on: May 02, 2018 - 22:12:45 »
SooperWill99 asked me in pm if I will be reseeding the torrents.

It's unlikely that someone will reseed the torrents. The problem with torrents is that they are static and can't be updated. There have been tons of renames and new dumps since those torrents were created. You can't expect people to keep a lot of disk space reserved for years for an outdated set.

He also asked me if new torrents could be made. There's no real motivation to create new torrents, because of the above reasons, and also because the previous torrent has proven that most people are just here to leech and don't really bother to seed it for a longer period of time.

I see people with just a couple posts who are requesting long lists of games. Maybe other members don't mind helping, but personally I just don't see the incentive to help out if someone is just here to leech. Most Redump contributors choose to share their stuff in more private places than here, without the hassle of file sharing websites and/or torrents, and who can blame them.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018 - 22:23:08 by Jackal »

Offline SooperWill99

« Reply #364 on: May 02, 2018 - 23:06:30 »
So this means I will never have any of the above list of games? I even looked on eBay for them and couldn't find them!  :(

And I'm not here to leech.
If I can get ahold of JUST the two games below, I promise never to bug anyone on this forum again for a very long time.

Rayman (Europe) (En,Fr,De)
Sonic CD (Europe) (Alt)

I don't mean to be rude, but I am really frustrated that I can't have these two ISOs! They're just nowhere else to be found! And if I can't get ahold of these, then I will feel like I can't move on with my life!

Jackal, if you are reading this, could you please upload these files for me? Or someone else that actually has these? I DON'T, and I feel like I desperately need them.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018 - 23:23:31 by SooperWill99 »

Offline idlord

« Reply #365 on: May 03, 2018 - 03:58:08 »
@SooperWill99,

I'll upload those games for you, I've been away for a bit due to real life but I'm still planning to fill users requests for PC dumps here, expect your requests soon.

Offline Gruby

• Gruby's Homepage
« Reply #366 on: May 03, 2018 - 05:10:15 »
Rayman (Europe) (En,Fr,De) in my [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline paolo666

« Reply #367 on: May 07, 2018 - 23:28:18 »
CC2 v5.14 - [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

DD2 v5 - [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Balthier

• Hero/Sky Pirate/ISO Alchemist/REBEL
« Reply #368 on: May 17, 2018 - 01:57:57 »
SooperWill99 asked me in pm if I will be reseeding the torrents.

It's unlikely that someone will reseed the torrents. The problem with torrents is that they are static and can't be updated. There have been tons of renames and new dumps since those torrents were created. You can't expect people to keep a lot of disk space reserved for years for an outdated set.

He also asked me if new torrents could be made. There's no real motivation to create new torrents, because of the above reasons, and also because the previous torrent has proven that most people are just here to leech and don't really bother to seed it for a longer period of time.

I see people with just a couple posts who are requesting long lists of games. Maybe other members don't mind helping, but personally I just don't see the incentive to help out if someone is just here to leech. Most Redump contributors choose to share their stuff in more private places than here, without the hassle of file sharing websites and/or torrents, and who can blame them.

While I agree somewhat on some of your points, the real point is Redump is a disc preservation project.  And if dumps are being shared only privately then that minimizes the availability of said dumps therefore negating the entire point of preserving said discs.  Redump dumpers have access to a private site where everything is available.  This is a fact.  It smacks of elitism, and is similar to trurip's (trushit) BS.

For duty and humanity.

P.S.  There will always be leechers on the internet.  Get over it.  I've posted a shit ton of dumps here that I personally found and fixed from the internet with virtually no help from anyone.  And a lot of the PC dumps are nothing more than dupes with slight offset corrections to the audio tracks and data tracks padded with empty sectors.  Compare them in a hex editor and you will see.  F'in pointless if you ask me.  A lot of them aren't worth collecting since there is no difference in the data (essentially sucking up drive space).

And here's some other points to ponder.

Many of the dumps containing SecuRom protection are listed as having ZERO ERRORS.  This is blatantly incorrect as all SecuRom protected discs have at least ONE ERROR if not many.  I've spent a lot of time emailing a certain individual about this and yet it still goes on even with new dumps.  I'm not wasting my time with incompetence anymore.

Many of the dumps that have audio tracks lack documentation of the erroneous sectors in the pregap of track 2 (first audio track) such as scrambled data/audio sectors or sectors containing just sync or a combination of both.  Take a look at the dumps of William Shatner's Tekwar in a hex editor for some real good examples.  Why is this not being analyzed in a hex editor?  I'm not even a dumper and yet I find the errors all the time.  This is not only true for PC dumps but for console dumps such as many of the Sega Saturn dumps.

Over time I have noticed that between many duplicates (dupes) of various disc images where the data is virtually identical not only on the first track (the main data track) but even with the audio considering a slight offset correction that the middle track (which is audio) is oftimes different for no apparent reason.  I personally am led to believe this is a glitch in DIC (Disc Image Creator, the official Redump disc dumping software) that has not been addressed.  An example would be a disc image with only 9 tracks but track 5 (4 tracks before and after) is different from its dupes.  Why?  I've seen this at numerous times with dumps of games made by various companies.  It is not a coincidence.

Another thing that pisses me off is the fact that certain dumps that were valid for years are suddenly invalid or removed from the database altogether for no apparent reason.  What was wrong with the dumps and why is there nothing in the Edit History of the remaining said dumps to indicate what was wrong?

And don't even get me started on data tracks that are mode 2.  I think it was 2 dumps of Croc 2 for PC that only differed in the date in the primary volume desriptor.  I modded the date from one in a hex editor and then used CDmage to fix the ecc/edc and padded it with empty sectors and wow I had a match for another database entry.  Essentially a dupe with a different mastering date.  No point in collecting.  A lot of dupes of games with mode 2 track 1's just have a bs subheader in the empty sectors or various other unnecessary garbage that has no effect on the game content.

I will leave you all with something very helpful.  Cross-reference Redupe dumps with the srrdb which archives scene dumps and you will see a lot of dumps match exactly.  For instance

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
matches [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth II [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth II: The Rise of the Witch-King [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
SAY NO TO HOARDING AND ELITISM
FOR DUTY AND HUMANITY!

Offline dizzzy

« Reply #369 on: May 17, 2018 - 04:17:25 »
The only real answer to few-people-seeding-everyone-else-leeching dilemma is for an effort to get more sets up on archive.org, but no one is really helping to coordinate that other than me right now so I'll just whistle a slow and somber tune and continue to carry forth.
Redump.org: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Jackal

« Reply #370 on: May 17, 2018 - 18:05:08 »
While I agree somewhat on some of your points, the real point is Redump is a disc preservation project.  And if dumps are being shared only privately then that minimizes the availability of said dumps therefore negating the entire point of preserving said discs.  Redump dumpers have access to a private site where everything is available.  This is a fact.  It smacks of elitism, and is similar to trurip's (trushit) BS.

There's also the issue of security. This is a public forum. Posts can be read even without an account and everybody can just sign up and download. Security is non-existent, so you can't blame people for not sharing copyrighted stuff here, especially dumps from recent games or systems. The private places aren't exclusive to redump dumpers and there are also non-redump members. I've tried to invite you to some places several times, because I consider you to be a contributor, but you always refused and told me it was more fun to hunt for images yourself and fix them :-X

Many of the dumps containing SecuRom protection are listed as having ZERO ERRORS.  This is blatantly incorrect as all SecuRom protected discs have at least ONE ERROR if not many.  I've spent a lot of time emailing a certain individual about this and yet it still goes on even with new dumps.  I'm not wasting my time with incompetence anymore.

You only sent me 2 PM's or so and every time I fixed it.. Now I did another check and (hopefully) fixed all the remaining ones where the error count was wrong.
edit: There's an easy way to check for it now:

The problem is that some smart people (not me) decided to adopt a tool called edccchk and incorporate it with our primary dumping tool. It only shows those sectors as warnings instead of errors. So dumpers that don't know any better, fill in the error count from edccchk for new dumps. Feel free to complain about it in the redump forum. I've done this before, but nobody listened.

Many of the dumps that have audio tracks lack documentation of the erroneous sectors in the pregap of track 2 (first audio track) such as scrambled data/audio sectors or sectors containing just sync or a combination of both.  Take a look at the dumps of William Shatner's Tekwar in a hex editor for some real good examples.  Why is this not being analyzed in a hex editor?  I'm not even a dumper and yet I find the errors all the time.  This is not only true for PC dumps but for console dumps such as many of the Sega Saturn dumps.

I definitely analyze them and add a comment whenever possible, but you can't expect a moderator (or a dumper) to analyze the data of every single dump with a hex editor before adding it.
Again, if you spot an error, feel free to post a fix.

Over time I have noticed that between many duplicates (dupes) of various disc images where the data is virtually identical not only on the first track (the main data track) but even with the audio considering a slight offset correction that the middle track (which is audio) is oftimes different for no apparent reason.  I personally am led to believe this is a glitch in DIC (Disc Image Creator, the official Redump disc dumping software) that has not been addressed.  An example would be a disc image with only 9 tracks but track 5 (4 tracks before and after) is different from its dupes.  Why?  I've seen this at numerous times with dumps of games made by various companies.  It is not a coincidence.

Do you have any examples? If the ringcode is different, then it's probably a mastering difference. Discs with 9 tracks where only 1 is different, should be double checked.

Another thing that pisses me off is the fact that certain dumps that were valid for years are suddenly invalid or removed from the database altogether for no apparent reason.  What was wrong with the dumps and why is there nothing in the Edit History of the remaining said dumps to indicate what was wrong?

Examples plz. Normally, dumps are only removed when they are merged with other entries.

And don't even get me started on data tracks that are mode 2.  I think it was 2 dumps of Croc 2 for PC that only differed in the date in the primary volume desriptor.  I modded the date from one in a hex editor and then used CDmage to fix the ecc/edc and padded it with empty sectors and wow I had a match for another database entry.  Essentially a dupe with a different mastering date.  No point in collecting.  A lot of dupes of games with mode 2 track 1's just have a bs subheader in the empty sectors or various other unnecessary garbage that has no effect on the game content.

The dumps are valid. If you don't want to collect them, that's your choice.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018 - 10:25:10 by Jackal »

Offline idlord

« Reply #371 on: May 21, 2018 - 10:54:20 »

Redump dumps are not being hoarded by a collective group of dumpers like trurip does, it will always be an open project that anyone can contribute to, everything is shared here besides the modern systems due to size, if a dump is listed on any of the MIA lists then the dumper himself is the only one who has it and has chosen not to share it either due to selfish reasons or plainly doesn't know where to share it. There are plans to make the PC set available on archive.org, but that will be a long process since it easily hovers over 10TB worth of data.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018 - 11:07:30 by idlord »

Offline te_lanus

« Reply #372 on: May 21, 2018 - 20:07:19 »
if a dump is listed on any of the MIA lists then the dumper himself is the only one who has it and has chosen not to share it either due to selfish reasons or plainly doesn't know where to share it.
Or the dumper don't have the upload speed/quota to release the dumps :D (and yes one of the MIA is my dump)

Offline Ferryman

« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2018 - 13:11:13 »

I am uploading 3 new discs. Decrypt the MEGA link in my signature in base64decode.org. They are uncompressed because even in 7z compression doesn't go below 98%.
MEGA: aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56LyNGIWJoNWpUUlNCITVsMXVENjNBU3hzajVQX294R24tTnc=
Firedrop: aHR0cDovL2ZyZC5saS81NDQzN35m
Archive: aHR0cHM6Ly9hcmNoaXZlLm9yZy9kZXRhaWxzL0B0YXZlcm5fYmFyZA==

Offline thevoice

« Reply #374 on: June 01, 2018 - 19:24:14 »

Shogun: Total War Demo