Author Topic: WoD Revival  (Read 36058 times)

Offline attractivo

Re: WoD Revival
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2016 - 19:40:34 »
no! thank YOU for your incredible work on these tools! so thanks darksabre76

Offline sleepwalk7

« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2016 - 08:37:11 »
Hi Darksabre!
Howdy? I was wondering if there are any news regarding the WoD revival affair  ;D
Hope to see those DATs (csdb, atarimania, EAB... etc etc) to be back  soon  ::)

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #197 on: October 20, 2016 - 23:23:09 »
No news on WoD revival, I'm afraid. I was able to strip out the unnecessary stuff from WoD Redux so that just the checkers remain to make it easier for anyone who wants to pick it up can. Most of the effort has been working on tools right now, since I can't take the very large amounts of time to get those DATs going again.

I'm going to use this as another plea for someone to pick up WoD Redux (which should be ready to go right now if you set it up locally) and make even source-level DATs. In the mean time, I'm working on SabreTools and a fork of RomVaultX since that's caught my attention and time way more (since I can work in small increments).
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Schrodinger's cat

« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2016 - 18:08:13 »
I was wondering,

What someone like me need to know in order to try to run WoD Custom using the original source files?
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

When I tell someone like me is: don't know nothing about java or servers or apache or other OSs or script.
And when I tell try to run: computer running 24/7 dedicated or just my laptop or an old machine running linux and lots of HDD space.

Best regards,
What is a paradox in a quantum world?

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2016 - 18:11:39 »
Well, long story short is that you shouldn't use the original sources. They run on a very old version of PHP and I did a lot of work to get it even more readable. Earlier in this thread, in one of the earliest pages, I have instructions on how to use WoD Redux on a local computer. Learning how to use XAMPP would probably be the easiest way. And you don't need it running 24/7 if you don't want, I'd suggest only running it when you need it.
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline sleepwalk7

« Reply #200 on: November 29, 2016 - 22:28:27 »
Hi Darksabre!
Still bumping this thread hoping for a WoD Dats Rebirth! All the DATs are so outdated and it's a pity see them in the drawer. Wondering if it could be possible to have your scripts running on a seedbox which could download, create DATs and publish them for the forum... I think every user here would contribute for it...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016 - 22:45:16 by sleepwalk7 »

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2016 - 04:43:02 »
As I've mentioned before, they're not scripts. It's a PHP application that is absolutely 100% ready to go for people who have the time and effort for it. They don't automatically create DATs, they just allow you to see new files and download them to DAT yourself. There's no good way of making it automatically DAT or download without getting banned from a ton of sites. Please, if you want to get new DATs, take a look at the code and set up your own version. Work is not as forgiving as it was when I was jobless. I don't have time to run this and DAT myself.

Offline sleepwalk7

« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2016 - 07:29:03 »
Darksabre: Thanks for the explanation... Didn't mean to force to you make new DATs. I just thought it could be a good idea.. I was wrong!
Thanks as usual for your past efforts!  :D

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2016 - 18:14:47 »
It's fine, I did a lot of the footwork to get it working on a modern setup and make it open for all to use and see. WoD did a lot of the actual coding originally and I can see why it got to be a bit much. At some point, if work lets up, I'll try to go back and take a look at the code again. Maybe there's some way of downloading automatically from each of the links and naming the files appropriately. Then something like SabreTools' DFD would work to DAT the new files quicker and then they could be merged into the main DAT more easily. Wishful thinking on my part, honestly, but I can hope...

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2017 - 05:01:21 »
I have been very busy behind the scenes. STILL working on getting 1.0 out there. Gotta love life. By the way, the URL for SabreTools has been updated: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline sleepwalk7

« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2017 - 22:09:18 »
Hi Darksabre76!
How do you do? I hope you're fine!!
I was just wondering if there are any news about the project... is it still alive?

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #206 on: August 30, 2017 - 02:48:38 »
Yes! Very much alive! Well, at least the SabreTools part of this... :P I've been on and off still updating and upgrading ST on [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login. I even linked the test links there. The issue has been IRL, mostly. Things have been busy so I haven't been able to get time to post or really give out updates. But if you look at the GitHub commit history, you'll see just how much will be going into the 1.0 release. And yes, I'm STILL not at 1.0 yet :D

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2017 - 05:42:44 »
Bring out your dead! Holy crap, it's been a YEAR since the last official release of SabreTools. I bet most of you hate me for this. I'm good with that :) Life has been busy, development has hit over 1000 commits since the last official release, and it still seems like nobody in their right mind has picked up the WoD Redux project. A bit sad about the second part :( But, here you go, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login! Please PLEASE look at the readme and the help option to get your bearings, especially if you haven't used the tool in a long time or since the last stable release. A lot has changed in a year...

Offline sleepwalk7

« Reply #208 on: October 10, 2017 - 18:16:41 »
I agree with darksabre... It's bit sad the WoD project hasn't found a new maintainer...  :'(

Offline Ancient

« Reply #209 on: October 16, 2017 - 02:26:22 »
I cannot create diffdat using 0.9.8.
What changed from 0.9.2?