Author Topic: No intro Nintendo Famicom Disk System  (Read 22854 times)

skypooler, richiefs and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mrsky

Re: No intro Nintendo Famicom Disk System
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2017 - 01:51:46 »
anyone have?
Famicom Tantei Club Part II - Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo - Zenpen (Japan) [folder: Famicom Tantei Club Part II - Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo - Zenpen (Japan) - size: 128kb]
missing set: Famicom Tantei Club Part II - Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo - Zenpen (Japan)
missing rom: Famicom Tantei Club Part II - Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo - Zenpen (Japan).fds [size: 131000] [CRC32: fe908a02] [MD5: d92bcb20c38a46a283f8950723b1f54e] [SHA1: 2ab438c93074649f8b6529d58c08b6d2478089bf]

Offline DingDongDell

« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2017 - 03:47:15 »
I don't know where these go, or what No-Intro's stance on Virtual Console and NES Classic are, but here goes.
This is a unique revision of the FDS version of Zelda 1, as found on the Japanese NES Classic.

The base ROM is a different revision unique to the NES Classic, here converted from .qd format. The .fds rom format commonly used is the .qd format with the checksums ripped out. You could say it doesn't preserve data that was originally on disc. But all rom sets and emulators use the .fds format, but I included it anyways.

The version you're playing on the emulator is not actually the base ROM intact, but with a memory patch applied on RAM when you play it. It makes things like achievements possible (like in SNES Mini, unlocking Star Fox 2 after detecting you cleared Corneria in Star Fox 1) and as discovered on 3DS Virtual Console for Pokemon GBC games, the programming is changed in the ROM with additional opcodes never used in original NES hardware.
This may cause problems in PC emulators. For example this ROM will hang a bit on the title screen on a pink screen (only problem screen I know of), but you can rename both ROMs to the same filename and put them in different folders, and then get past hangs with save states that will then work in both ROMs.

Offline nebis

« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2017 - 06:03:38 »
Hi mrsky,

here is Famicom Tantei Club Part II - Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo - Zenpen (Japan).

Offline mrsky

« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2017 - 06:25:49 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Hi mrsky,

here is Famicom Tantei Club Part II - Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo - Zenpen (Japan).

many thanks

Offline Kostas Gangstar

« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2017 - 23:04:15 »
I don't know where these go, or what No-Intro's stance on Virtual Console and NES Classic are, but here goes.
This is a unique revision of the FDS version of Zelda 1, as found on the Japanese NES Classic.

The base ROM is a different revision unique to the NES Classic, here converted from .qd format. The .fds rom format commonly used is the .qd format with the checksums ripped out. You could say it doesn't preserve data that was originally on disc. But all rom sets and emulators use the .fds format, but I included it anyways.

The version you're playing on the emulator is not actually the base ROM intact, but with a memory patch applied on RAM when you play it. It makes things like achievements possible (like in SNES Mini, unlocking Star Fox 2 after detecting you cleared Corneria in Star Fox 1) and as discovered on 3DS Virtual Console for Pokemon GBC games, the programming is changed in the ROM with additional opcodes never used in original NES hardware.
This may cause problems in PC emulators. For example this ROM will hang a bit on the title screen on a pink screen (only problem screen I know of), but you can rename both ROMs to the same filename and put them in different folders, and then get past hangs with save states that will then work in both ROMs.

hi ty for this u can post about it here in their forums

Waiting for the current mia no-intro roms to be released cause the mia list keeps getting bigger it used to be steady for months...
And ofc since im a mega pokemon fan id like to see the ereader mia roms out first xD

Also waiting for a pokewalker and pocket pikachu 1 and 2 emulator for years...

Offline roydudul

« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2017 - 07:32:07 »
Need
 Golf - US Course (Japan) (DV 1) .fds  [CRC32: 206c5c6c]
tks...

Offline alex777

« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2017 - 16:03:07 »
 You are missing 5 of 317 known Nintendo - Family Computer Disk System sets

Dirty Pair - Project Eden (Japan) (Rev 1) (Disk Writer)
Knight Move (Japan) (Rev 1) (Disk Writer)
Super Lode Runner II (Japan) (Disk Writer)
Time Twist - Rekishi no Katasumi de... - Kouhen (Japan)
Time Twist - Rekishi no Katasumi de... - Zenpen (Japan)

Offline alex777

« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2017 - 16:08:44 »
Need
 Golf - US Course (Japan) (DV 1) .fds  [CRC32: 206c5c6c]
tks...

Offline LogiCSWE

• MOBASuite
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2017 - 16:15:40 »
@Alex777

wrong crc32: Golf - US Course (Japan) (DV 1) .fds [wrong: 85f17e7f] [right: 206c5c6c]

My ROM collection : [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Kostas Gangstar

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2017 - 16:46:29 »
I deleted the pack i had it probably had this rom... anybody willing to post it for us all?
Waiting for the current mia no-intro roms to be released cause the mia list keeps getting bigger it used to be steady for months...
And ofc since im a mega pokemon fan id like to see the ereader mia roms out first xD

Also waiting for a pokewalker and pocket pikachu 1 and 2 emulator for years...

Offline Ipodnano620

« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2017 - 17:39:43 »
I deleted the pack i had it probably had this rom... anybody willing to post it for us all?

@Kostas :)

Offline LogiCSWE

• MOBASuite
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2017 - 17:52:28 »
Still wrong CRC on the Golf one.
My ROM collection : [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Alex7

« Reply #177 on: Today at 05:26:27 »
What is a CRC?

Offline D34con

« Reply #178 on: Today at 07:34:46 »
cycle redudant check = see wiki = Its a checksum to prove file is clear and good.
Otherwise you can post any file with any name and just tell us, we can trust it. CRC gives a guarantee everyone has the right file.
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.