Author Topic: [Redump.org] Sony Playstation (USA)(061716)  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Plastron

Re: [Redump.org] Sony Playstation (USA)(061716)
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017 - 21:03:27 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
.473 is the last

I think you can try to get the .001 file from here : [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Scroll down, it's the last. You'll have to create a nzb file just for that file.
Let me know if it works.
You are a star works a treat no idea why it did no come down in the pack

Offline nirv

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017 - 11:43:15 »
I have a question.

I post to usenet but I never encrypt (because I don't know how) the title or header of my post and I never see anything get removed. I uploaded the entire Redump PS1 collection just over a year ago and everything was fine. Why do you feel the need to not only encrypt this upload but to lock it down with a password?

I ask because I was just about to upload the exact same set but didn't find any results on a binsearch search. I only found it when searching google.

By the way, that's me uploading the 3DO collection right now to usenet but I didn't encrypt anything and it isn't locked down with a password. Notice how you can actually find my post with a search on binsearch? I just don't get the point of encrypting with old console game ISOs.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017 - 11:46:14 by nirv »

Offline baldo

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017 - 12:46:39 »
Well, I encrypt my posts because I want to avoid takedowns. Nothing more.

Some time ago my provider "banned" me (removed posting privileges) for my posts, seems for a request from the copyright owner. My post last four days on usenet.
Then I decided to start encrypting.

I know it would be better posting un-encrypted stuff, but I feel a bit unlucky on Usenet  ::)

Offline nirv

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017 - 13:04:30 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Well, I encrypt my posts because I want to avoid takedowns. Nothing more.

Some time ago my provider "banned" me (removed posting privileges) for my posts, seems for a request from the copyright owner. My post last four days on usenet.
Then I decided to start encrypting.

I know it would be better posting un-encrypted stuff, but I feel a bit unlucky on Usenet  ::)

Can you tell me what post was taken down? Was it a Playstation ISO? Xbox? Xbox 360? Was it a movie or an album?

Also, can you direct me to a site that shows the steps in encryption? I have never seen a tutorial or guide. Thanks for the reply

Offline baldo

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017 - 09:50:33 »
File names and passwords are random-generated by this script [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
I create packages running this line in a batch script (using 7-zip):

7z a -r -mx0 -mhe -v200m -p(password) "(filename).7z" "(sourcefolder)\*"

Then I post them using no description, just the (random) file name.

PS: The post which was taken down was a movie I used to test my upload speed.