Author Topic: GoodSet merge batchscripts  (Read 10425 times)

Offline Zandro

• Global Moderator
  • Bézier Extraordinaire
Re: GoodSet merge batchscripts
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016 - 04:05:54 »
SNES merge script posted!  Came out with many proposed changes to send off for GoodSNES:

Code:
Only registered users can see contents. Please click here to Register or Login.
Back to other things!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016 - 04:11:37 by Zandro »

Offline @tractivo

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016 - 19:16:56 »
goodmerge snes v204:
roms: 24483 sets: 3661

Zandro sort batch:
roms: 24482 sets: 1854
see below for the missing rom.

incredible work Zandro, as always. thank you very much for that nice improvement. also great adjustments.
have spotted two minor things:
1. "Alien vs. Predator (U) [T+Rus].sfc" is missing in your batch
2. some smw hacks are in seperated folders sorted alphatecially. but some smw hacks are in the main game set they are based on. if this is intended, is there any reason for that?
3. may i ask for a renaming batch for the suggested roms?

Back to other things!
hopefully other goodsets? ;)

thanks again Zandro and peace

Offline Zandro

• Global Moderator
  • Bézier Extraordinaire
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2016 - 02:33:03 »
1. I left it out because I didn't have it or know it was available.  Grabbed Amiga12's upload just now!

2. Yes, I left the "conventional" region-tagged hacks (trained, translated, fixed, alts) in with the standard dumps for better access. I don't use the other SMW hacks in Good form at all since my work supercedes it, but they had to go somewhere.

3. No effort will be put toward this, as it will be undone or done differently in the next GoodTools update.  Some of the fixes were allegedly done already but didn't make it to the gate for the current release.

Glad you like it.  The other releases are still treated reasonably well with existing XMDBs, no?

Offline @tractivo

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016 - 03:28:23 »
1. ok ;)
2. your smw hacks already come first in my dat sources hierarchy. followed by goodsets etc.
3. okey so cowering already knows of these. which means your suggestions dont go to waste. good ;)

yah goodmerge plus sabretools works to some point. also you already covered the bigger sets.
thanks for your efforts~

Offline SegNin

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2016 - 08:12:50 »
Since 7-Zip's GUI still doesn't have the option to "compress each file/folder to separate archives" like WinRar has, we have to do it through 7-Zip's command line.
So, here's a batch script that does just that.
After using Zandro's batch scripts to sort all your roms into their proper folders for their respective sets, use my batch script to max compress all of them into separate 7z files. (At least I think the settings are max compress--it's been awhile since I read up on 7-zip's command line and wrote this simple script)

WARNING: My script does NOT delete the roms after compressing them, so make sure that you have enough HD space for the entire compressed GoodSet. After compressing, you'll have to manually delete the uncompressed rom folders yourself.
Also if your computer has less memory, you might not be able to use the max compress settings. In that case, you'll have to open my script in NotePad and edit the values to ones that your computer can handle.

WARNING - Pt. 2: For really large rom sets like the Super Mario World hacks (~2 GB each) in GoodSNES, you're going to need a lot of memory for max compression. If you don't have enough memory, then the folder will FAIL to compress and be archived. Unfortunately, my batch script won't inform you of this. If you then delete the folder thinking it's been compressed, YOU WILL LOSE THOSE ROMS.

So, before you delete those folders, make sure the roms have in fact been compressed and archived.
Sorry, but I don't know how to code the batch script so that it will stop and warn you if there's not enough memory to archive those larger folders. I'll try and look into it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016 - 17:37:16 by SegNin »

Offline haynor666

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016 - 22:33:10 »
I was going to make new XMDB for SNES but looks like it's not needed anymore :) Nice scripts guys :)

Zandro, any plans for other sets ?

SegNin could it be modified to compress files from each directory rather compress directory itself ?

EDIT. Ok, I figured it - ".\%%A\*" instead of "%%A"

Zadro - Campus Challenge '92_3 (Super Mario World) (Hack).sfc is in Super Mario World rather Super Mario World Hacks [#-D]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016 - 22:56:55 by haynor666 »

Offline Zandro

• Global Moderator
  • Bézier Extraordinaire
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016 - 00:24:19 »
An XMDB is helpful, but only when all the roms are named correctly.

I consider Campus Challenge to be an official variant from Nintendo, not a hack in the sense that it would have to be a fan creation.  [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login It was dumped from a ROM on a PCB set in a molded cartridge, not saved by Lunar Magic.

Offline haynor666

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2016 - 08:31:27 »
Ok, I understand :)

Any plans for NES merge script (if it's needed at all)?

EDIT. I've spot one big minus for now US citizens - set will be merged only based on U zone, it's not possible to merge based on J or E zones :/

EDIT2. Set 2-in-1 - Crash & Spyro Super Pack Volume 3 - Crash Bandicoot - Fusion & Spyro - Fusion should be merged with Crash Bandicoot Purple - Ripto's Rampage & Spyro Orange - The Cortex Conspiracy
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016 - 20:05:29 by haynor666 »

Offline dominater01

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2016 - 03:48:35 »
hey zandro can you make a batch merge script for gameboy, nes,sega genesis if its to much work nevermind i just wanted to use it to merge for my project

Offline Zandro

• Global Moderator
  • Bézier Extraordinaire
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016 - 06:04:37 »
Maybe in the next few days I will share a complete set of merge lists.  Most will be taken straight from results of existing xmdbs though.

Offline dominater01

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016 - 05:53:15 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Maybe in the next few days I will share a complete set of merge lists.  Most will be taken straight from results of existing xmdbs though.
is this still gonna happen?

Offline Zandro

• Global Moderator
  • Bézier Extraordinaire
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2016 - 07:02:43 »
When the mood strikes.

Offline yeahimdukenukem

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017 - 11:02:50 »
Hi.

I have updated Zandro's GBA sort script for GoodGBA 3.27 and also added the Videos.
For those who don't want the Videos, there is a documented flag in the script to exclude them.
With Zandro's permission, here it is.

Have fun :)

Offline yeahimdukenukem

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2017 - 11:13:10 »
Hi again,

I have also updated the SNES sort script:
There was one ROM missing (ok, not that much).
And I merged all Super Mario World Hacks together in one set (saves about 30 MB for me).
There is also a documented flag in the script that reverts that behaviour to its original intent.
So, again with Zandro's permission, here it is.

BTW: The N64 sort script in this thread works great in its current version :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017 - 12:34:30 by yeahimdukenukem »

Offline WickedOne

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2017 - 19:59:31 »
Since I found one of the MIA GoodSNES 3.27 today, I thought I quickly update this. Unfortunately this version seems to be broken. When you come to the SMW Hacks, it chokes on creating the directory and moves upward creating the rest of the directories in the root directory. I fixed it, after a few tries. Since I'm not much of a Windoes batch preogrammer, it involved learning new things about Enable/DisableDelayedExpansion I never  wanted to learn ;)

I also added a modified version of the "7-Zip - LZMA2 - Ultra - Multi into Multi" which I called simply mergezip. It works the same as the original one, but changes into the respective directories first, so the directory does not become part of the archive. Makes rebuilding a bit easier, if you can extract them all into one directory. I also pulled some of the parameters into variables, so the configuration should be a bit clearer.

Enjoy

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Hi again,

I have also updated the SNES sort script:
There was one ROM missing (ok, not that much).
And I merged all Super Mario World Hacks together in one set (saves about 30 MB for me).
There is also a documented flag in the script that reverts that behaviour to its original intent.
So, again with Zandro's permission, here it is.

BTW: The N64 sort script in this thread works great in its current version :)
The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol. (Larry Wall, creator of Perl)