Author Topic: Rom Hack And Translations Project  (Read 3481 times)

Offline attractivo

Re: Rom Hack And Translations Project
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016 - 11:44:22 »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018 - 22:47:05 by attractivo »

Offline dominater01

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016 - 15:50:04 »
hows this?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zandro

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016 - 16:09:50 »
1. desktop.ini is a junk file, it should be excluded from the dat.  Manually delete that line from your dat each update or remove the file.
2. The date is not in the logical yyyymmdd format.  This is not very important because RV doesn't make use of the string as much as clrmamepro and clrmamepro doesn't currently support superdats, but this would make it less sortable and more difficult to detect whether the dat is a candidate for auto-update (but I think version will overrule this).
3. There is a duplicate root directory: "Bandai Wonderswan (2016).zip:Bandai Wonderswan (2016)\Hacks\" rather than "Bandai Wonderswan (2016).zip:Hacks\" ...but I don't think this is in your control from clrmamepro's dir2datter.  Again, not too important, but it adds a small risk while extracting contents where a path can exceed a classic accessible limit of 260 characters in length.

Offline dominater01

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016 - 16:21:55 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
1. desktop.ini is a junk file, it should be excluded from the dat.  Manually delete that line from your dat each update or remove the file.
2. The date is not in the logical yyyymmdd format.  This is not very important because RV doesn't make use of the string as much as clrmamepro and clrmamepro doesn't currently support superdats, but this would make it less sortable and more difficult to detect whether the dat is a candidate for auto-update (but I think version will overrule this).
3. There is a duplicate root directory: "Bandai Wonderswan (2016).zip:Bandai Wonderswan (2016)\Hacks\" rather than "Bandai Wonderswan (2016).zip:Hacks\" ...but I don't think this is in your control from clrmamepro's dir2datter.  Again, not too important, but it adds a small risk while extracting contents where a path can exceed a classic accessible limit of 260 characters in length.
i got rid of the desktop.ini for the dat manualy in this version

what should i do then? how could i make this work or is it fine?

Offline attractivo

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016 - 16:37:05 »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018 - 22:47:01 by attractivo »

Offline dominater01

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016 - 16:43:49 »
cool~ dominater01, looks not bad!
try this:
extract all files. now if your folder structure looks like:
Bandai - WonderSwan (2016)\Hacks\*
Bandai - WonderSwan (2016)\Tanslations\*
make "Bandai - WonderSwan (2016)" your sourcefolder in clrmamepro's dir2dat. now fill in the header information and create the dat.
this will get rid of the duplicate root directory

*edit: just wait for SabreTools getting fixed. with the superdat variant you will be able to generate "better" dats
alright i get what you guys meant by a duplicate folder and tis fixed

edit: let me know when super dat is fixed

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016 - 16:45:46 by dominater01 »

Offline attractivo

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016 - 16:48:34 »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018 - 22:46:56 by attractivo »

Offline dominater01

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2016 - 16:53:21 »
looks good. this is the most clrmamepro can do for your scenario. before you go wild and generate dats for all systems, i suggest you give the superdat variant a try, later when its fixed. as i know darksabre76, it wont take long :)
if its worth it i can wait, i need to fix the packs for now anyway gotta delete dupes

Offline attractivo

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2016 - 16:59:21 »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018 - 22:46:52 by attractivo »

Offline dominater01

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2016 - 17:14:19 »
and make sure to standardize your directory layout. it wasnt consistent in the provided archives.
some were like:
System\Category\Subcategory\Rom
and some like:
System\Rom\Category\Subcategory
i would suggest you decide on one as a standart. i think most people would prefere the first. but its your project. so its up to you ;)
i dont know what you mean i dont see the difference in the dats can you show me?

i do want System\Category\Subcategory\Rom is there something i changed all i did was extract it then scan or is it fine with the latest and you we're just letting me know to stick with one way so its not different each time?

Offline wlkdf90jdfg

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2016 - 17:24:53 »
and make sure to standardize your directory layout. it wasnt consistent in the provided archives.
some were like:
System\Category\Subcategory\Rom
and some like:
System\Rom\Category\Subcategory
i would suggest you decide on one as a standart. i think most people would prefere the first. but its your project. so its up to you ;)
i dont know what you mean i dont see the difference in the dats can you show me?

i do want System\Category\Subcategory\Rom is there something i changed all i did was extract it then scan or is it fine with the latest and you we're just letting me know to stick with one way so its not different each time?
Yes, stick with one way.  Once you start making superdats, it will be really important to be consistent with the folder structure.

Offline dominater01

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2016 - 03:02:02 »
i got a question if i make these super dats i cant guarantee i will have the same folders for the games the same because i use different mergers and they create different folders, and also roms might not be consistent i might forget to delete something or add something

the

system/hacks/
system/translations/language/

i can keep consistent anything else may change

if this will ruin the dats i don't know what todo because the way i do things arnt always consistent

the way i do it is download goodtools scan latest roms until i have what i need the use my .bat files to sort them into folders then delete my old pack of roms everytime i update then grab a merger from zandro or use xmdb or whatever then split the folders hacks and translations into there own folders manually

might be a pain but it's the quickest way i know

Offline attractivo

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2016 - 12:59:47 »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018 - 22:46:40 by attractivo »

Offline dominater01

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2016 - 21:39:12 »
alright hows this

Offline attractivo