Author Topic: Nintendo - Nintendo 3DS Decrypted  (Read 73209 times)

Offline b2071988

Re: Nintendo - Nintendo 3DS Decrypted
« Reply #225 on: January 09, 2018 - 07:57:43 »
The python script is only for 3DS Roms dumped from gamecards (not games from the eShop, or games converted to 3ds from an eshop source)

There is another python script that can decrypt the RAW content files from the eShop servers to a 'CXI' which can be used in Citra but you need the
decrypted key and seed (if one is used) for the game. See here: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

There are eshop games that have been converted to a 3DS rom in the '3DS DLC' DAT (which I don't collect)
those converted roms should be encrypted with the '0-key' so my script should decrypt them fine (but haven't tested it fully)
If you want to upload the smallest rom that doesn't work I could have a look at it and see why.
('ExHeader Program ID mismatch' - sounds like the rom isn't being decrypted correctly...)

---

edit: 2 New Japanese Roms (edit: added as z009 and z013)

Medarot Classics - Kabuto Version (Japan).3ds
Medarot Classics - Kuwagata Version (Japan).3ds

edit2: the original dumps are bad, seems my source had dumped the roms as decrypted, then re-encrypted them.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018 - 14:06:31 by b2071988 »

Offline jaymel

« Reply #226 on: January 09, 2018 - 12:51:43 »
if you go here
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

and use this

and download any of these z157-163

Offline b2071988

« Reply #227 on: January 09, 2018 - 13:41:55 »
z158 is badly converted / not decrypted properly, it still has the SEED encryption which is invalid for 3ds roms.
The 3ds rom needed to be decrypted fully (including the seed encryption) and then re-encrypted / rebuilt with the 'zero-key' or 'Key 0x2C' encryption method.

edit: I've updated the script to decrypt the rom, but it requires a 16 byte <titleid>.dat' seed file (the same that 'FBI' uses) containing the external seed.

edit2: I've attached a 'Python 2.7' script that should be able to decrypt 3ds roms with seed crypto. You will need the seed file to
be named as '<titleid.dat>' (16 bytes) and it should contain the binary seed. I've used the same format FBI uses for its seeds.
This script for decryption only and once the rom is decrypted, you will NOT be able to be re-encrypt it back to the original CRC32.

PS: You can check for seed encryption in the 3ds rom by checking if offset 0x118F has bit 0x20 turned on.

edit3: even the scene has released stuff with SEED encryption, this release "Hako_Boy_Mou_Hito_Hako_JPN_eShop_3DS-Caravan" has it, there may be more releases...

edit4: I found a small bug with my 3ds rom encryption script, the bug only affects roms that use 'zero-key' and have 2 or more partitions (e.g game with manual / update etc).
(Partition 1 and higher was set to always encrypt with 'Key 0x2C', I didn't check if the 'Zero-Key' flag was set which caused the partition to be encrypted with the wrong key)

I've attached the fixed encryption script, Decryption script doesn't have this bug but i've updated it anyway.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018 - 16:50:34 by b2071988 »

Offline jaymel

« Reply #228 on: January 09, 2018 - 23:20:46 »
thanks for that
just wondering if you could do a bat file so noobs like myself can use it without hassle

Offline Landcross

« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2018 - 12:50:13 »
I've updated my Python 3 (+batch support) port to match your V4 version. See attached files.
NOTE: I haven't tested the seed-file functionality in my version, because I don't know which game (and seed) to use.

Offline ken2394

« Reply #230 on: January 19, 2018 - 22:30:47 »
I've tried to look for a decrypted fire emblem fates rom can i anyone help me? I have an encrypted cia version if you need it pleasse tell me

Offline Landcross

« Reply #231 on: January 19, 2018 - 22:40:28 »
I've tried to look for a decrypted fire emblem fates rom can i anyone help me? I have an encrypted cia version if you need it pleasse tell me

See here: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login :)

Offline ken2394

« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2018 - 18:44:41 »
@Landcross thank you very much ;D!
 any chance of DLC :D

Offline Landcross

« Reply #233 on: January 23, 2018 - 20:31:48 »
@Landcross thank you very much ;D!
 any chance of DLC :D

Well, I have this: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
But afaik it's not decrypted. Can DLC even be decrypted?

Offline lanzelot

« Reply #234 on: January 24, 2018 - 23:11:40 »
Forgive me, but can somebody help me, I am looking for a decrypted version of Sonic Boom - Fire and Ice european. Also I search for Kirby Planet Robobot european version. The version from here has japanese texts although its labeled as the european version.

Offline b2071988

« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2018 - 04:03:41 »
@lanzelot: "Kirby Planet Robobot" has multiple languages and the game selects the language based on the 'region' setting.
You can change the 'region' option in Citra by clicking 'emulation > configure > general > region' and setting it to EUR.

Offline lanzelot

« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2018 - 11:57:09 »
Hello b2071988 and thanks for helping but my region setting is already changed to my country, although its japanese. I think it is the japanese version and its labeled as the european version. You can try, its the number 1510.

EDIT: Sorry it was my fault. I thought it was emulation>configure>system>language. Sorry. Ok, but if someone can help me with 'Sonic Boom - Fire and Ice european version' it would be great. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018 - 12:38:28 by lanzelot »

Offline Landcross

« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2018 - 12:57:46 »
Hello b2071988 and thanks for helping but my region setting is already changed to my country, although its japanese. I think it is the japanese version and its labeled as the european version. You can try, its the number 1510.

EDIT: Sorry it was my fault. I thought it was emulation>configure>system>language. Sorry. Ok, but if someone can help me with 'Sonic Boom - Fire and Ice european version' it would be great. Thanks.

Sonic Boom can be found here: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login  :)

Offline lanzelot

« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2018 - 18:45:56 »
Wow, thanks! This is great. Are these roms also No-Intro? This is a great thread, maybe someone knows a source like this for No-Intro Wii or WiiU sets?

Forgive me, but I have another question (maybe a stupid one). What does the numbering of the games mean? Because the games are not alphabetically sorted. Is it sorted by release date? Also, on which list does it based and where can I find a complete list? I plan to make a list for myself that primarily contains all PAL games (european language) and also games which are US or JAP exclusive.

Where are the like buttons? I want to give you guys some like.

Offline zzzz

« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2018 - 19:01:59 »
Wow, thanks! This is great. Are these roms also No-Intro? This is a great thread, maybe someone knows a source like this for No-Intro Wii or WiiU sets?

Forgive me, but I have another question (maybe a stupid one). What does the numbering of the games mean? Because the games are not alphabetically sorted. Is it sorted by release date? Also, on which list does it based and where can I find a complete list? I plan to make a list for myself that primarily contains all PAL games (european language) and also games which are US or JAP exclusive.

Where are the like buttons? I want to give you guys some like.

No-Intro does not do Wii or Wii U games (they do Wii DLC though). Redump.org however does Wii and Wii U although that dat is private (I believe we have it here in our redump section, but I don't collect for those systems). NI I believe currently has a secret WIP dat (for their team only) for Wii U DLC.

The number refers to release numbering by release groups in the warez scene for normal letters and X letters (X letters are reserved for anything that's not a full game, such as demos). Z letters are roms not from release groups but in the order they were given to NI. The numbering is done by themselves, you can find similar numbering from advanscene, and you can see all releases (or I believe most? not too sure how complete it is) on rom-news.org, or dats.romshepherd.com. If you're only looking for the best dump of a game possible, don't worry about advanscene or dats.romshepherd.com, you only want no-intro. If you want scene, use dats.romshepherd.com, not advanscene (only possible exception being for DS games, in which dats.romshepherd.com is still WIP for years 2006-2008).

You can also remove the numbering and sort it alphabetically if you wish by clicking download on datomatic.nointro.org, then clicking standard download, and selecting unnumbered. I personally choose numbered because it's easier to find new roms when someone says 'anyone have 6560-6563'.

As for removing clone games, I don't know, hopefully someone else can answer that.