Author Topic: Trurip 2017 Requests  (Read 1868 times)

Offline agusber29

Re: Trurip 2017 Requests
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017 - 08:05:18 »
I have 22 sets incompletes.
Here my fix.
Thanks in advanced.

Offline D34con

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017 - 12:41:53 »
do you have redump's sets?
try to rebuild your "MISSING"-tagged files from there.
if you have redump's sets, and you cant rebuild "MISSING"-files, then obviously the file is missing.
If you are done with the task, post another dat.
reminder:
If the files weren't posted over there, it is possible no one can fix you... yet.
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Offline agusber29

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017 - 12:59:06 »
Thank D34con.I rebuilt the redump sets too and it is the result.
Regards.

Offline D34con

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017 - 16:52:10 »
good.
I will check something's in the morning, panasonic's missing for example, can be found.
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Offline D34con

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017 - 03:56:20 »
I lost another file.
3DO - Multimedia (Asia) - Aqua World.
totally damaged.
If you can help me with this.

here are your files:
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

83 files... if you dont find 83 files, then its not done yet.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017 - 04:08:02 by D34con »

Offline jiytee

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2017 - 09:27:54 »
I lost another file.
3DO - Multimedia (Asia) - Aqua World.
totally damaged.
If you can help me with this.

;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017 - 09:59:34 by jiytee »

Offline D34con

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017 - 14:32:37 »
jiytee to the rescue.
thank you my friend!
i recompress all sets which are finished to better compression ratio, but it seems cmpro or something else in the chain of rebuilding is corrupting them sometimes. So two files gone bad so far... but i'm almost done with it.

Offline jiytee

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2017 - 14:47:19 »
Not a problem, just let me know if you get any more and I'll do my best to assist as always.....

You're right about the compression though - I did think about it as I asked myself "do I really need all those emu drop in files?" and the answer is definately no so I too will get round to that at a (very) later date....

Slightly OT, I'm now having the same quandry with the latest mame as for years I've had non-merged sets but the latest build seems to want to add 48 meg to 250 odd sets so I really need to take a step back and think.

Yet more time will be wasted recompressing and sorting and mass defragging - oh joy  ???

Offline D34con

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2017 - 04:39:11 »
well, i know now, i shouldn't let cmpro handle big files or iso's to compress them.

Sega Lindbergh (Yellow):
Initial D Arcade Stage 4 (Rev. C) (World)
Power Smash 3 (Virtua Tennis 3) (World)

I assume it's the fault of using compression with too small dictionary. CRC and Data-Error only appear, when compression is set to lzma2:24 or lzma2:26, which i urgently suspect to be the perpetrator. Maybe the dictionary has overflowed.

I am just about to ask very kindly if someone can share these two files listed above.

PS: i just tested some bigger files. the "good" ones are compressed with at least 10% dictionary compared to file- or foldersize. If someone wants to 7z big files, i think its better to have more than 16 GB of RAM installed. I am using 32 GB, compressing with 384m, instead of those lzma2:26 which is probably 26m. Thats much too less. 7z returns many errorcodes which can be used. Amongst other things, there is a returning-flag telling "you got not enough RAM installed". I think this can be implemented in further releases...

So what i am talking about.
Can someoneelse or can you, Jiytee, share these files?
Thank you, i really appreciate your help, it's been a really great help so far, and i hope, the other files will be ok, since i can say, they are.

Offline Maddog

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2017 - 08:49:32 »
Check your RAM, many times these mysterious errors are the result of a RAM chip being on the verge of failing or overheating during a strenuous operation like 7z of large files.
I'd run a full memory test for at least one hour if I were you. If you see even a single error, you probably have your culprit.

Offline jiytee

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2017 - 09:44:15 »
well, i know now, i shouldn't let cmpro handle big files or iso's to compress them.

Sega Lindbergh (Yellow):

They are both being upped as I type - they're a fair size (5gig) so will post the links when up for you....

Offline jiytee

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2017 - 11:19:43 »

Slow upload due to mame (various) torrent sucking  ;D

Offline jiytee

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2017 - 12:05:23 »

Apologies for thread splitting - I thought it would take a lot longer! :-X

Offline D34con

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2017 - 13:50:42 »
from my side, i see no need for excuses, indeed i have to thank you.
you know, you can also count on me... as i told you, i have something else prepared for sharing.
But i dont want to threat someone's heart, you know what i mean. I believe you understand, we often agreed in our opinion, if i remember well.
Thanks for the files.
There is only Amiga CD (all kinds of it) Sega-CD and Sony Playstation left to lift to current dats... all other sets are good for now.
...and then sealed forever :D

@Maddog.
Memory checked... OK.
But you are right. I got last 6-8 weeks some crashes (bsod), which were a result of a bios-update. That update changed memory-speed to lowest possible, which was too low to be refreshed memory-cells.... i thought memory-refresh was a relict from the beginning of ibm-pc-systems.
changed it from 1333 to 1600 and everythings fine...
Maybe it has corrupted non-system areas in RAM which were used for some 7Z-compressings.... if that is, i would not recognize it until i open the archive...

Thanks for your contribution.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017 - 13:57:41 by D34con »

Offline awaawaawa

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2017 - 09:59:27 »
Hi anyone can me with ZAPiT games only the dvd files??
Thanks in advance