Author Topic: TOSEC ISO v2017-04-23 Fix Requests  (Read 13422 times)

Offline junnnior

Re: TOSEC ISO v2017-04-23 Fix Requests
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2018 - 12:50:38 »
WELL DONE!!!!  8)

All green on my TOSEC. ;D
Thank you very much D34con and all the others help me on this long long work.
i hope to help some people as like me search for roms in the future.
i'm waiting for a better connection to  share (i wait fibre from my isp)

Thanks again for the job.

see you soon!

Offline D34con

« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2018 - 22:27:48 »
great!
Now others can take advantage of my uploads, because it will stay some weeks, until i need space for another big help.
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Offline StanA4957ZED

« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2018 - 22:59:57 »
It would be a great and noble sacrifice if all of TOSEC 2018 could be put up on Usenet for the sole purpose of maintaining the history.

I have searched Usenet and the last time TOSEC was updated to my eyes was two years ago except for extremely small updates here and there.

That also goes for TruRip.

There was a time where people actually cared about the project but I guess we are all getting older and it just drops by the wayside.

There are a few site open but they force you to either registration, money or ratio's.
Some sites are run by people that only want to share with their buddies or make you grovel for access.

We here at Rom Shepard have a long history of doing it for the love of emulation so I call on those with the means to continue that tradition.

Offline NLS

« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2018 - 23:14:55 »
I don't consider Usenet a way to "maintain history".

First of all, most newsreading services are now paid. Else they don't have all usenet.
Plus that really old way of collecting files in usenet...

TOSEC may go to archive.org.
Also survives through many services and torrent sites are not THAT tough any more.
Asking to seed what you have, is bad? Why?
RS has its own tracker btw... Seed the files there.

---
NLS

Offline StanA4957ZED

« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2018 - 17:33:59 »
You may be right as far as paid but the history I have been able to get things as far back as 2011 depending.

I have tried other means but even things like AIB is a nightmare when it comes to ISO's which the size and technology is 15 years old.

archive.org is not updated regularly and they still play the copywrite game as far as some popular named titles.

If I had a different solution I would offer it.

One being is torrent but I think I mentioned you have to be an exclusive member or grovel for access when if TOSEC was just put up on one of the popular sites such as PB then everyone's troubles would be taken care of as long as it was seeded.  At least Usenet it is posted then it stays there and no one has to seed 24/7

I guess TOSEC just isn't that popular anymore.  That's a crying shame.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018 - 23:33:29 by StanA4957ZED »