Author Topic: WinVice 3.1  (Read 319 times)

Offline D34con

WinVice 3.1
« on: April 30, 2017 - 21:54:25 »
Got this emulator locked up.
changed the x64.exe (started it...) to "speed dos 2.0", then moved to its place. (from desktop to x:)
Tried to start x64.exe, but didnt start and spills no message.
how to vix ? err, i mean fix...
there is no vicerc file at all, no registry key, nothing to change its settings nor to reset it to default. This Item is locked up.
How to fix?
build a setting, where the emulator last worked... extract it in its exactly same position, all files musst be exactly there, where the mistake was made. Then fix it, SSAAVVEE It !! Close it, restart it.
Now you can start it from distant places.
Another "what the heck??"
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Online NLS

Re: WinVice 3.1
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017 - 01:02:45 »
Don't get the problem. I always had WinVICE running fine from various network locations (even unmapped direct UNC paths).
If you see a bug, you can post it on sourceforge and I am sure they will fix it, as they make daily builds.
---
NLS

Offline uglyman

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017 - 04:23:15 »
I also have a problem with the new 3.x

The Info-ZIP UnZip utility appears to work. The file list is actually there in the window but i can't see the text. It's transparent

Offline D34con

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017 - 07:36:34 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Don't get the problem. I always had WinVICE running fine from various network locations (even unmapped direct UNC paths).

Try this:
Open x64.exe
Settings ---> Rom-Settings...
Change Kernal to "speeddos" or whatever you like.
Save by "Settings" ---> "Save current settings"
reset X64 by "File" ---> "Reset" ---> "Hard reset"

Make new location and new installation. Dont erase the old unzipped. Erase "speed dos.bin", so it is away. Dont wipe the rubbish-bin.
Go to new location, start new installation.

It wont work. It even dont start. Not silent, not crying. Nothing happens.
Try this, and i'll be sure, its not me.
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Online NLS

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017 - 09:00:36 »
I cannot do it where I am, possibly tomorrow. Yet what I said remains. Report it to sourceforge vice page.
Also try the latest daily.
---
NLS

Offline D34con

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017 - 10:49:59 »
posted it by email... maybe it goes through, maybe not...