Author Topic: Trurip/Redump with TOSEC naming?  (Read 579 times)

Offline MrGlasspoole

Trurip/Redump with TOSEC naming?
« on: June 08, 2017 - 07:52:48 »
Is it possible in an easy way to have Trurip/Redump with TOSEC naming?

If i scan for example the Dreamcast games with the Trurip dat i see i have many correlating files.
Sure the names a wrong.
But i don't like renaming them because Trurip/Redump names tell you not if NTSC, PAL and all this stuff.
On the other hand it would be nice to know the files are Trurip and also i don't need all the TOSEC stuff.

Online D34con

Re: Trurip/Redump with TOSEC naming?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017 - 10:40:56 »
You can delete any file which are found in other sets.
If you have tosec-dat loaded, scan trurip, delete all files found, and tada! Which was trurip-naming are one on one tosec without having doublette's...
[/ironic off]

I will give you some hint. Let's say, you have all ISO sets complete... so these are lets say 30.000 files. in real, you have about 3.000 unique files, because trurip = reDump = Tosec. If you prefer Tosec-Naming, either do it yourself or collect Tosec-Iso and leech unique files from others... If Tosec wont cover some sets, Redump should do, if Redump hasnt what you are looking for, try TruRip.
If you dont care what i am chit-chatting, collect them all, or collect your region, your language... or just all...
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Online NLS

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017 - 14:09:38 »
Not sure I agree with you analysis.
---
NLS

Offline MrGlasspoole

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017 - 15:32:21 »
It would be cool if there where a way (program) that just looks for the checksums.
Lets say i put everything in one folder and put a [Trurip] in the filename where i know it's a Trurip.

Then run the program and everything that has a checksum from the Trurip dat and [Trurip] in the filename is marked as "got it"...
If there is a checksum from the Trurip dat but [Trurip] is not in the filename then a hint...
Same for other stuff like No-Intro, redump...

That way it would be possible to put all Games in one folder, all applications in another one...
If you then look into your folder you see all the Monkey Island versions you have for this platform (diskette, CD, languages...).

Online NLS

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017 - 18:44:00 »
What you say is to make a new dat yourself with the structure you want and use any ROM manager.
---
NLS

Online D34con

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017 - 21:46:20 »
There are lists (dats) for any system. How you organise your files afterwards is a task to bother yourself. You can scan any trurip file, or any file for being a trurip one, rebuild them to a place of your wish and use "bulk renamer" to add on any file " [trurip]".
There is a solution for ANY problem... but dont make problems where there is none....

If i would start with collecting files, i would start with tosec... once you have that, decide how to go any further...
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Online NLS

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017 - 09:22:02 »
I would say TOSEC for non-ISO and trurip for ISO (esp. the new trurip that supposedly for anything they haven't ripped themselves, they include redump or TOSEC image anyway).

And no, it is not just a matter of different filename in most cases.
---
NLS

Offline MrGlasspoole

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017 - 10:16:18 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
What you say is to make a new dat yourself with the structure you want and use any ROM manager.
Yes but going through 10.000 dat's and copying the checksum by hand?

Online D34con

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017 - 10:31:03 »
CMPro??

Offline MrGlasspoole

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017 - 12:49:20 »
That is what I'm using but don't know how to accomplish this task.
There is batch renaming?

I'm struggling since 3 days with the MAME set in ClrMamePro.
Files are there but always "wrong placed chd..." and the scanner does not move them.
Tried this: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
and that: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

So ClrMamePro for me is like flying a Boeing :)

Online D34con

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017 - 08:53:52 »
checked (unneeded) ??
that should move to right place... if it doesnt do it, it probably has this file already in place...

Offline WickedOne

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017 - 00:27:56 »
Honestly, I handle CHDs manually. Mostly because they are in a different directory (even on a different drive ;)) from my ROMs and ClrMAMEPro only rebuilds or fixes into one ROMpath...

But coming back to the original question. Do I understand it correctly:
  • You want to do some kind of deduplication of your data?
  • In this case create a merged datfile over corresponding TOSEC, Redump and TruRip datfiles?
  • Where there are overlapping matches between those use the naming of the preferred collection?

I think there is a way of doing that using Windows Powershell, since that eats XML for breakfast.
The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol. (Larry Wall, creator of Perl)