Author Topic: Missing Goodset roms from dat  (Read 1547 times)

Offline azazel1125

Missing Goodset roms from dat
« on: October 09, 2017 - 12:22:42 »
I know each set has its own topic, but I'm not even sure this is the right place for this.
So, to save the risk of getting told off for posting in 10 wrong topics, I thought I would start a topic and risk getting told off once! ;)

I don't know where i found them, but i have a set of dats for the goodsets. I know that isn't how the goodsets roll, but I just wanted to try and complete them anyway.

Most of my goodset roms didn't pass muster, but my other sets filled in a lot of the blanks and so i am left a few (some, more than a few) missing in these sets:-
GoodGBA
GoodINTV
GoodLynx
GoodN64
GoodNES
GoodPCE
GoodPSID
GoodSMS
GoodSNES
GoodSPC
If anyone can help I would much appreciate it. And if this is not the right place for this can someone (politely) point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance. fixdats attached

Offline cannonwillow

Re: Missing Goodset roms from dat
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017 - 07:52:54 »
heres just a couple

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline D34con

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017 - 03:28:52 »
i wonder why your zip has no compression... waste of space.
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Offline an0rmal

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017 - 12:16:28 »
I know each set has its own topic, but I'm not even sure this is the right place for this.
So, to save the risk of getting told off for posting in 10 wrong topics, I thought I would start a topic and risk getting told off once! ;)

I don't know where i found them, but i have a set of dats for the goodsets. I know that isn't how the goodsets roll, but I just wanted to try and complete them anyway.

My set of dats are 37 files, totalling 78.059.943 bytes, are yours the same?

I am building new DATs from complete collections, right now i have 27 complete Goodsets

Offline azazel1125

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018 - 11:12:17 »
Hi an0rmal, sorry about the long wait n the reply.

I have 35 dats, totalling 84,900,624 bytes!
Most of mine are dated 2016-07-02. I have posted them here:

What dats have you got extra?
Are yours newer than mine?

Regards

Offline Naen

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018 - 03:27:19 »
I am building new DATs from complete collections, right now i have 27 complete Goodsets

I think it will be hard to do as some of the sets can have a few variations of the same rom. For example, N64 has 3 variants: Big endian, byte swapped, mixed. Some sets can contain headers or not. What kind of counter measurement are you planning to use?
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login All systems

Offline an0rmal

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018 - 08:53:22 »

Thanks for yours, i'll check later and report. I don't the current policy about goodset dats. I currently have all sets complete, except of course, the official MIAs. I could made dats with my sets, but take in account what this means.

Offline Naen

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018 - 01:14:13 »

Regards

There are huge problems with DATs and GoodSets.

1st thing I want to say is not that I do not trust your DATs but I know that my ROMs are '100%' correct if good tools detect them correctly.

I had some problem with your DATs. Most of them are in line with my files but sometimes there are a lot of problems eg. 7800, N64, NES, lynx, those I know that can differ, Header difference, headered or not in case of 7800, NES and Lynx make them kind of hard to deal with. You could deheader them and everyone would be 100% sure that they have correct ROM - could just do header skip. With N64 you can always include 3 versions of ROMs n64, z64, v64 (big endian, little endian and byte-swapped) so that others know that they have correct ROM and not just that they have just from byte order. In my case, I was able to get almost each of them with changed order of my files.

I had problems with SPC PSID PCE and INTv (don't know if they have the same problem as previous sets) and in those sets, I was kind of surprised that good tools recognize them correctly but your DATs don't.

Here are all files that should be correct according to good tools but are rejected by your DATs. [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
I include my fix_dats as well. If someone can provide me with missing ones I would like to check it myself if tools accept them or not :P

Another thing I think new DATs if you are making ones, should have are missing ROM included as no dumps so we know that we are missing them and sets are still missing something.

Well. As we are here already if I were to do DATs how would you guys want ed to have it?
  • Header possible sets:
    • Mixed - As I have them
    • Headered and headerless as individual DATs - Headerless enables just header skip functionality for checking
    • Include headered (if I have one) and headerless files as an alternative in a set. In this one, I would need another of your proposition as there cannot be 2 files with the same filenames, well I can but it is probably something that others do not want, so here I need to change something, eg. extension or just, for example, all headerless or other files would have this indication at the end of filename [headerless] or something.
  • N64 set (others if you know them :P):
    • Mixed - as I have them
    • Every byte configuration as individual DATs
    • Every byte configuration as alternative files in set
  • Set mergebility:
    • Every ROM individually - If you want in other options with sets containing alternative versions of the same ROM they will be in this set
    • Segregated sets as in GoodMerge or another grouping method for not up to date merging data
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login All systems

Offline an0rmal

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018 - 13:45:38 »
This is a complex decision.

As you already said, my files are ok because Goodtools recognize them, but if a make a dat for MY FILES, probably you have valid files (valid for Goodxxx) but not recognized by my dat.

Some kind of consensus could be stablished, Cowering appeared in the threads. He built the tools, maybe you could consult him.

For the sake of simplicity, i will adhere to no-intro standards, so reconstruction will be easier for users with no-intro sets.