Author Topic: New Project !! (related to Xdelta3 patches) ;)  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Amiga12

• Amiga Fan !!
New Project !! (related to Xdelta3 patches) ;)
« on: December 09, 2017 - 21:44:10 »

I thought collecting roms if it was possible to put in the same archive --> xd3 patches, roms to build the following three collections : Redump, Tosec, Trurip.

I'm working on Sega Dreamcast collection, datafile from Redump, Tosec, Trurip.

It's only a start, only two sets of roms are analysed (patched) and compressed into one archive (contains patches and iso/rom).
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker
Soul Calibur

First, look at this screenshot:

Second, testing purpose:

- it's a solution, I found to compare sega dreamcast sets that are composed of several files
      - I'm compressing all three sets of roms (Redump, Tosec, Trurip), using 7-zip (in zip archive only storing).
      - about 1 Go/Gb by roms. And for the set 18 Wheeler, it takes 10 Go/Gb. (zip store), Soul Calibur takes 12 Go/Gb.
      - i'm running xdelta3 to create patches with different regions.
      - in the final archive, i put all xd3 patches and one iso to build all three collections (Redump, Tosec, Trurip) of this games using freearc.

and the result is very nice:

Original zip roms makes with RomVault takes :
 - 7.925 Go/Gb for Soul Calibur and final arc archive takes 0.725 Go/Gb.
 - 1.979 Go/Gb for 18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker and final arc archive takes 0.204 Go/Gb.

Yes enormous gain, about 10x less for arc + xd3 patches.

Composition of "18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Eur, Jap, USA).arc" (204 Mo/mb) :

18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es).zip      1 Go/1 Gb
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es).zip -- 18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Europe).zip.xd3   2 Ko/Kb
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es).zip -- 18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Japan).zip.xd3   27 Mo/Mb
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es).zip -- 18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (USA).zip.xd3   2 Mo/Mb
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es).zip -- 18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (White Label) (Europe).zip.xd3   2 Ko/Kb
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es).zip -- 18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker v1.700 (2001)(Sega)(PAL)(M4)[!].zip.xd3   2 Ko/Kb
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Japan).zip -- 18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker v1.006 (2000)(Sega)(JP)(en)[!].zip.xd3   2 Ko/Kb
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (USA).zip -- 18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker v1.500 (2001)(Sega)(US)[!].zip.xd3   2 Ko/Kb
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (USA).zip -- 18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker.zip.xd3   2 Ko/Kb

So with this archive --> 18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Eur, Jap, USA).arc (204 Mo/mb), i can build all 18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker roms from Redump, Tosec, Trurip, which have different files.

Say me what you think about it. I think with help of people, we can automatise the creating of patches and iso.

The futur, maybe, creating a datafile of patches to use with BuildEmAll.

Amiga12.
My project ?

Offline Gaijin

Re: New Project !! (related to Xdelta3 patches) ;)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017 - 22:01:20 »
Try [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login. It can compress various isos (bin/cue, wav, mds/mdf, ccd/img, etc.) same game/regions from various projects (redump, trurip, tosec, wild isos..) and then srep(arc dev)+7z it and size better than (free)arc.

UPDATE:

GPack example:
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (USA/Europe/Japan)
REDUMP 3 isos + TOSEC 3 isos + TRURIP 3 isos = 134 МБ (uncompressed = 10 GB)
But there is a problem. GPack can be used only on 1 folder, without subdirectories, but  tosec and trurip have the same filenames. I just renamed files and then used Gpack. Original names can be restored with PAR-files example after unGPACK.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017 - 11:38:24 by Gaijin »

Offline Amiga12

• Amiga Fan !!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017 - 12:16:46 »
@Gaijin

GPack make a crash when i encode a directory of Sega Dreamcast Games. Don't know why.

Making patches is not only for storing in hd, the main purpose is to share easily iso, without downloading/uploading all the iso, only the difference, the patches.

I think, this solution will be effective with BuilEmAll which automatise creations of patches/datafile.

Don't hesitate to make an example for GPack, how is working.

Thanks.

Amiga12.
My project ?

Offline Nukhem

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017 - 13:48:25 »
I can't get Gpack to work either

Offline Gaijin

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017 - 20:36:45 »
Frist [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login from [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Before start needed reset options.ini with commandline "f:\GPack-Unofficial-master\GPack-r36\GPack.exe" -r
I don't use GPackGUI, maybe and works with errors.  Command line example to merge isos "f:\GPack-Unofficial-master\GPack-r36\GPack.exe" -s --slow "f:\Soul Calibur (World)"
where:
"f:\GPack-Unofficial-master\GPack-r36\GPack.exe" - path for gpack.exe
"f:\Soul Calibur (World)" - folder with Dreamcast, PSX, Saturn, etc. isos. Note: in the end path without \ - ...(World) not ...(World)\

To unmerge GPack  "f:\Soul Calibur (World)\Soul Calibur (World).grp". Also more in readme.txt.

But program not updated anymore and with Dreamcast TOSEC and Trurip isos there are problem with same file names I wrote earlier.

And here result for Soul Calibur TOSEC

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017 - 20:43:44 by Gaijin »

Offline Amiga12

• Amiga Fan !!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017 - 21:18:52 »
@Gaijin

I have try your explication and it works !!
If you can explain me how to make recovery file, par2, to recover filenames please.

Thanks in advance.

Amiga12.
My project ?

Offline Gaijin

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017 - 21:41:55 »
I use [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login. Here [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login how to use it. After unmerge with gpack just run par file and press rename. And Step 1: par file. Step 2: gpack.

Offline Gaijin

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017 - 13:29:23 »
Some useful information:

For bin/raw images (2352 bytes/sector) it's possible to use such tool as [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login (Original [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login - Various tools by Themabus). And then do xdelta patches or compress all images (in mce format) to ARC or RZ. (commandline  ECMa130.exe e "your bin" or "raw" ), decompress command ECMa130.exe d "your mce"

STEP 1: *.BIN/RAW -> *.MCE
STEP 2.1: *.MCE1 -> *.MCE2 => xdelta patch (must be smaller patches than from BIN1 -> BIN2)
OR
STEP 2.2: ALL *.MCE -> ARC
STEP 3: If needed *.MCE -> original *.BIN/RAW

Size after all manipulations must be same as from GPack.

And here example of my BAT file for BIN/RAW to MCE
Code:
Only registered users can see contents. Please click here to Register or Login.and decode
Code:
Only registered users can see contents. Please click here to Register or Login.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017 - 13:39:15 by Gaijin »

Offline Amiga12

• Amiga Fan !!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017 - 17:45:47 »
Thanks for your information.

I will do some more test with Gpack and MultiPar.

Thanks for sharing.

Amiga12.
My project ?