Author Topic: TruRip Dreamcast help  (Read 3603 times)

Offline D34con

Re: TruRip Dreamcast help
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018 - 07:45:34 »
thanks.
yah, this project has died and it wasnt the fault of the fans. Died at least for me. Better stick to reDump or Tosec.
availability counts...
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Offline Maddog

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018 - 14:18:30 »
Partial fills (Neo Zaikusu and Redux). I don't have the rest either, I never collected Trurip DC particularly carefully.  :-[

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

I agree that while the project is great in concept, it was handled really badly and alienated almost all potential fans because of several issues. Especially difficulty obtaining dats and sets, the entire "secret" mentality and too few public releases over the years.
I hope all these change some day...

Offline darcagn

• Dumpcast
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2018 - 17:36:45 »
Partial fills (Neo Zaikusu and Redux). I don't have the rest either, I never collected Trurip DC particularly carefully.  :-[

Thanks! We're really close now. Just two Non GD-ROM (the GameShark Cheats 'N Codes Vol. 1) and seven Americas (the standalone sampler discs). Not including the Asia dat which is broken...

I agree that while the project is great in concept, it was handled really badly and alienated almost all potential fans because of several issues. Especially difficulty obtaining dats and sets, the entire "secret" mentality and too few public releases over the years.
I hope all these change some day...

I have to agree... I was really happy that you have been working on TOSEC DC again because of it. It is quite difficult to obtain dats; I have a contributor login to the Trurip dat database and the Dreamcast Asia SuperDAT is broken and has been for a year and a half now. When I asked, I was told it's being worked on, so hopefully it gets fixed...

Offline zhadum

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018 - 22:51:09 »
Interesting reads in here  8)

Perhaps its best if you have questions you better ask the source directly.

You will get nonsense answers.

Fire away....

Offline AnonRunzes2

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018 - 00:19:06 »
Interesting reads in here  8)

Perhaps its best if you have questions you better ask the source directly.

You will get nonsense answers.

Fire away....
fine, i'll try
1. how come you decided to make all your progress private?
2. can you explain why Pleasuredome had zero trurip torrents all of a sudden?
3. can you actually explain yourself as to what the fuck are you even doing right now?

Offline zhadum

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018 - 00:28:46 »
1. What you mean with private? as to? website? sharing dumps? sharing dats? Be specific.

2. Decided to pull all trurip sets down from PD since redump accusing us of stealing their dumps etc. (not telling that they are right, but got sick of the non-stop nagging: go complain to them)

3. First: drinking a beer. Secondly: talking to some people on irc who actually make a difference with their programs like RV, MFM, trurip and RetroFE etc.  Third: busy organising sets coördinated with before mentioned programs / coders to see if we can come with some sort of overall solution on the issues everyone is encountering.

You satisfied with the above-mentioned answers? Btw what are you the fuck doing right now ?

Offline AnonRunzes2

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018 - 00:48:54 »
1. What you mean with private? as to? website? sharing dumps? sharing dats? Be specific.
all i saw before PD even shut down all trurip torrents was nothing but outdated trurip sets from 2017. even the dreamcast set didn't get updated by any means since 2015. also all the dats related to these sets can't even be seen anymore on database.trurip.org, hence why some people assumed all progress related to trurip was "private".

2. Decided to pull all trurip sets down from PD since redump accusing us of stealing their dumps etc. (not telling that they are right, but got sick of the non-stop nagging: go complain to them)
if that's the case then why didn't you prove to anybody that all these sets were legitimately YOURS in the first place?

3. First: drinking a beer. Secondly: talking to some people on irc who actually make a difference with their programs like RV, MFM, trurip and RetroFE etc.  Third: busy organising sets coördinated with before mentioned programs / coders to see if we can come with some sort of overall solution on the issues everyone is encountering.
and you didn't tell that to anybody who were tired to play the "ask a bunch of questions" game.

You satisfied with the above-mentioned answers? Btw what are you the fuck doing right now ?
uhh, i don't know...
ASKING QUESTIONS?
you don't show up too often, so why do you think that making someone go all the way just to contact you for the sake of getting answers is a good idea? just so that if someone doesn't do exactly that you'll dismiss it as "nonsense"?

---

by the way sorry about that angry tone but i won't be editing that shit anytime soon as that'll make me look bad [if not even worse than i already am right now lol] and i don't want to be proven as such so please forgive me, i was so worried about trurip's current state i had no choice but to act like this
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018 - 00:58:44 by AnonRunzes2 »

Offline dizzzy

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018 - 00:56:44 »
I think trurip and jackal should kiss and you guys should join redump to make beautiful babies.
Redump.org: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline zhadum

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018 - 01:07:39 »
Okay reading above replies.

So I assume yuo liek the redump / tosec / other sources sets then?

As seeing the reactions it aint really motivating. Prob. not the best way to motivate people.

But its fine if you prefer other sets, no big deals. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As to working together with redump: sry dude we did our best in the past to do so. I even invented the name redump (so dont start).

Offline AnonRunzes2

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2018 - 01:12:16 »
i'm stuck as to which "source" is best, specially since all i want is to see at least some semblance of activity without having to go through great lengths to do so.
As to working together with redump: sry dude we did our best in the past to do so. I even invented the name redump (so dont start).
are you implying something here? do you really want me to ask more questions about this by this point?

*sigh* fine, i'll go through the extra mile. are you one of the founders of redump? if so why did you just leave redump like out of nowhere?
o yea, i heard trurip was combining missing games from redump and tosec into their sets. is this true at all?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018 - 01:18:48 by AnonRunzes2 »

Offline zhadum

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2018 - 01:17:51 »
i'm stuck as to which "source" is best, specially since all i want is to see at least some semblance of activity without having to go through great lengths to do so.

Nonsense. It has nothing to do with source. But with dumping method / used tool.

As for tosec / trurip / and yes even MAME (chd) they all are using ack his tool (and yes he dumps for trurip).

As for redump the swap audio cd method is being used. Which was present even before redump existed. Its a common used method except no use since it wont work with emultors etc (so good luck with that one).

As for tosec / trurip collection: all tosec dc dumps (ack tool) are added to trurip and more then that. The major dumpers of tosec-iso / dreamcast joined trurip crew. There you go.

I hope that clarifies a lot for you.

Offline zhadum

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2018 - 01:19:52 »

are you implying something here? do you really want me to ask more questions about this by this point?

Rather not. Can write a book on it. Not in the mood nor does it serve any purpose at all (for anyone)

Offline zhadum

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2018 - 01:25:51 »
o yea, i heard trurip was combining missing games from redump and tosec into their sets. is this true at all?

Yes . no.

Yes: we have added missing dumps from other sources as a bonus for people / and as a means to see which stuff we need to buy / dump / replace really.

No: we are using a sort of preferred dumped media (not groups / but -again- dump method being used). Meaning we have added missing redump / darkwater / tosec-iso etc. etc. in order to be replaced eventually. So if you are missing dumps form that one then either find them or start nagging to the redump group in order to supply / share them. We don't have thsi problem since all our dumps goes through 1 channel before it gets added.

In the supplied superdats the source / used dumping method / tool is being mentioned.

Before you get on a shiny horse and start judging: realise where those tosec roms came from, or which source no-intro used for their roms, or even perhaps scene dumps are being used in your favourite dumping group?...

PS. if you see a datcategory MISSING it means we know the dumps are out there (known hashes) except the friendly redump people didnt supply / share them. So there you go about who doesnt share what.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018 - 01:31:28 by trurip »

Offline AnonRunzes2

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2018 - 01:31:32 »
Before you get on a shiny horse and start judging: realise where those tosec roms came from, or which source no-intro used for their roms, or even perhaps scene dumps are being used in your favourite dumping group?...
i'm not getting high up my horse or anything. in fact i'm just getting started.
if you're saying trurip is the source for every sing rom-sharing activity where, since when did you start all of this?

Offline zhadum

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2018 - 01:33:52 »
if you're saying trurip is the source for every sing rom-sharing activity where, since when did you start all of this?

Did I say that at all? Read again. Merely asked you from which the no-intro sets are originated from. Or even tosec.

Asked you a question - didnt imply anything (nor could I even since trurip cant be hassled to do rom / floppies dumps even).