Author Topic: TruRip Dreamcast help  (Read 1281 times)

Online D34con

Re: TruRip Dreamcast help
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018 - 07:45:34 »
thanks.
yah, this project has died and it wasnt the fault of the fans. Died at least for me. Better stick to reDump or Tosec.
availability counts...
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Offline Maddog

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018 - 14:18:30 »
Partial fills (Neo Zaikusu and Redux). I don't have the rest either, I never collected Trurip DC particularly carefully.  :-[

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

I agree that while the project is great in concept, it was handled really badly and alienated almost all potential fans because of several issues. Especially difficulty obtaining dats and sets, the entire "secret" mentality and too few public releases over the years.
I hope all these change some day...

Offline darcagn

• Dumpcast
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2018 - 17:36:45 »
Partial fills (Neo Zaikusu and Redux). I don't have the rest either, I never collected Trurip DC particularly carefully.  :-[

Thanks! We're really close now. Just two Non GD-ROM (the GameShark Cheats 'N Codes Vol. 1) and seven Americas (the standalone sampler discs). Not including the Asia dat which is broken...

I agree that while the project is great in concept, it was handled really badly and alienated almost all potential fans because of several issues. Especially difficulty obtaining dats and sets, the entire "secret" mentality and too few public releases over the years.
I hope all these change some day...

I have to agree... I was really happy that you have been working on TOSEC DC again because of it. It is quite difficult to obtain dats; I have a contributor login to the Trurip dat database and the Dreamcast Asia SuperDAT is broken and has been for a year and a half now. When I asked, I was told it's being worked on, so hopefully it gets fixed...