Author Topic: Retropie or Recalbox Romset  (Read 1336 times)

Offline zarkoff

Retropie or Recalbox Romset
« on: January 23, 2018 - 20:23:35 »
Hi,

Thank you for this forum.

I would like to know if someone has a retropie or recalbox (I have a preference for Recalbox) romset ready to use with roms multi-plateform, picture or snapshots and bios in format img or folder to copy.

If no, no problem.

Thank you.

Zarkoff

Offline BustAGroove

Re: Retropie or Recalbox Romset
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018 - 05:08:52 »
Not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for (I'm not in to the Raspberry Pi scene) but a range of arcadepunk images have been getting uploaded to Usenet for the past month or so.

Search nzbindex for arcadepunks and see if you see anything you can use. I guess you would need to modify them though with the roms you want.

Offline zarkoff

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018 - 20:01:29 »
Thank you for your help.
Yes I already have some image (tu put on microSD card for the RPI) but I was looking for something more complete with all romset, ready to use.
I'll build my own, no worries.

Offline XC-3730C

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018 - 10:01:56 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Thank you for your help.
Yes I already have some image (tu put on microSD card for the RPI) but I was looking for something more complete with all romset, ready to use.
I'll build my own, no worries.

I have a bunch from arcadepunks, but wondering how I would say, combine a few of them into a larger one?

Offline zarkoff

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018 - 13:01:20 »
I have a bunch from arcadepunks, but wondering how I would say, combine a few of them into a larger one?

Well, I do have some of them as well. As I prefer RecalBox than Retropie, and I do not want Hyperpie (I want to keep it simple), generally I do extract the img file with 7zip. It should give you 0.fat, which is the boot , 1.img (or others, look at the biggest one) which countains the system including roms, screenshot & bios. Unzip the 1.img (or 2.img), with admin privilege, so 7ip will be able to create complex directory struture. Navigate in the folders to find what you want.

Depending of how the image has been built, sometime this methodology doesn't work and 7zip returns an error telling this is an invalid compressed file. So in that case I do not have other solution than writing image on micro sd card and export roms over the network once in Retropie/recalbox...

(sorry for my english, I'm french)

Offline Ddguni

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018 - 10:18:57 »
*pushing this one

Just a small question here - I have some 3 arcadepunks 128GB images here... How to deflate them on a MAC? I would put them onto a SD card, but as of now, I do not have a 128GB card here  - and in fact, I do not need one currently, as I wanted to have a look into the ROMs and combine/complete my current 64GB SD cards...

Offline BustAGroove

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018 - 07:16:30 »
*pushing this one

Just a small question here - I have some 3 arcadepunks 128GB images here... How to deflate them on a MAC? I would put them onto a SD card, but as of now, I do not have a 128GB card here  - and in fact, I do not need one currently, as I wanted to have a look into the ROMs and combine/complete my current 64GB SD cards...

The Unarchiver should be able to open the .iso file and then view inside the largest file.

Offline Ddguni

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018 - 19:49:15 »
@BustAGroove
Sure - if it just was an ISO file - but it is an IMG file. Total size of files inside the IMG (when mounted) is something like 28 MB. Tried to explore the image by Harddiskutility, but no success - cannot activate another partition on the IMG...

Any help?