Author Topic: Calling all dumpers! : Shrink the Wii undumped list!  (Read 2487 times)

Offline littlemac

Re: Calling all dumpers! : Shrink the Wii undumped list!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018 - 00:50:21 »
I'm interested in helping. I'll work on softmodding and try to get the hang of it on some of the discs I own. I'm not a member of redump, I assume if I post them here someone will add them to the redump list?

Offline johnsanc

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018 - 00:58:42 »
Welcome aboard littlemac! Just head over to [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, Make a post in the "guest & account requests" section with a 1-liner comment around what you plan to contribute. Once you have an account you can post in the "dumps" section with your wii dump info. The details are in my first post, but feel free to PM me if you need any help. Theres also plenty of posts you can use as an example.
PS2: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline dizzzy

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018 - 01:00:35 »
Redump registration: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Dumping guide: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Missing lists: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

^ This should be my new signature xD
Redump.org: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline nanoman6666

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018 - 10:56:51 »
I have some missing PAL games (and I will have a NTSC one soon), so I may contribute in the next days ;) .

Offline johnsanc

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018 - 01:17:13 »
Hey everyone, be sure to check the undumped lists before purchasing any Wii games. We are making good progress so far but we could always use more people to help keep it up and take advantage of the Gamestop sale while it lasts. 16 games costs less than $50 shipped. I'm sure many of us have paid that much for a single game.

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
We have a lot of games marked as bought so far. Please PM me with any games you plan on contributing so I can flag them on the list.

I also want to add that I find it amazing the amount of people that want to help with this dumping spree. I said it before, and I'll say it again, 2018 is going to be a VERY good year for adding new Wii dumps.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018 - 01:21:34 by johnsanc »

Offline desperado836

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018 - 15:40:00 »
picked up (ntsc) 10 minute solution, glacier 3 and 101-in-1 party megamix, so there 3 more than maybe can be scratched from the list

EDIT: I suppose I need to create a redump account? just trying to get everything straight so I can at least contribute something...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018 - 17:01:10 by desperado836 »

Offline johnsanc

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2018 - 01:58:15 »
You got it! There are plenty of examples around how to submit the info for your dumps, but if you have any questions you don't feel like asking here, feel free to PM me.

FYI - We have an astonishing 92 USA games and 11 PAL games flagged as bought right now. At this rate this undumped list will be killed in no time. Progress comes quick when we have a lot of people helping out :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018 - 02:16:48 by johnsanc »

Offline dizzzy

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2018 - 03:38:34 »
No kidding, the USA miss list looks like a slaughter with all those <<< BOUGHT >>>

For the first time in years, someone else is editing the wiki more times a day than me lol!
Redump.org: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline desperado836

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2018 - 21:29:18 »
well picked up a few more, NTSC:

The $1,000,000 Pyramid
Once Upon A Time
Burger Bot
WWII Aces
Wacky Races: Crash and Dash
Vegas Party
Vacation Sports
Truck Racer
Triple Crown Snowboarding Championship
Open Season

Ended up having to pick up a LG GDR-8082N to rip these, so that put a damper on the game purchases, as I wasn't going to go up in that death trap of an attic in the garage to find that Wii

Offline johnsanc

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2018 - 21:36:22 »
Nice! You could also use a Wii U if you have one of those.

Does RawDump also dump the BCA? I've never used it. Its just so much easier and faster to dump using a Wii / Wii U.

Offline desperado836

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2018 - 21:43:41 »
yeah, got a Wii U, but have to dig it out also, and I never soft modded it either, and I am old and lazy and I can just buy the drive and call it good!
if it doesn't dump the bca, well guess I will have to climb into the attic then!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018 - 21:45:21 by desperado836 »

Offline johnsanc

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2018 - 21:48:01 »
I'm (getting) old and lazy too... so I probably would have just bought another used Wii for ~$50 depending on how buried it was in the attic. I actually think I have 2 old ones up there buried with Christmas stuff. :)

After some quick research it doesnt look like RawDump can dump the BCA... be careful in that attic!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018 - 21:57:47 by johnsanc »

Offline desperado836

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2018 - 21:57:52 »
I just didn't want hump myself up there from a old rickety ladder, no attic stairs or anything, so standing on top of a 6 foot ladder and heaving yourself up there, nah, not today... I do have a brand new Wii up there to, bought it for one of the grand kids ages ago, didn't do good on her school work, so she never got it. Also 2 new x360s (Star Wars Ed., although one I did send off to get a RGH installed), some assorted other garbage, you know, man stuff, haha

Offline desperado836

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2018 - 20:33:35 »
ripped a game and posted the info, but have a glaring question, how does one check the languages 'easily' on the games? I figured dolphin emu might work, but what am I looking for? the game itself, text/voices/etc in that language? I see none of that info posted but yet want to know what languages might be on the game.

Offline ToeKnee

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018 - 23:52:09 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
ripped a game and posted the info, but have a glaring question, how does one check the languages 'easily' on the games? I figured dolphin emu might work, but what am I looking for? the game itself, text/voices/etc in that language? I see none of that info posted but yet want to know what languages might be on the game.

Yes Dolphin emu works. Change the language in the BIOS setting to French and Spanish to see if the in-game title screen (not the first wiimote screen) is in one of those 2 languages as well. You can also change the Wii bios and do the same thing with a real Wii. Hope this helps :)