Author Topic: CXBX?  (Read 642 times)

Offline StanA4957ZED

CXBX?
« on: February 15, 2018 - 22:27:35 »
I am fully aware that it is not complete and does not work well but I have yet to find one tutorial to even get past the first screen.

I open up a directory with say, Futurama and click on the default.xbe

Crashes or a number 13 error which if I remember 15 years ago was a no dashboard.

Do I need a dashboard, if so where because I can't find it on EVOX or even get EVOX to work

The compatibility list is useless if I have no setup guide and the thing is so "not finished" I have no idea if it's my setup or the program.

Has anyone gotten this to work in any capacity?
I'm beginning to believe that the video's on YouTube are doctored.

Offline Retroplay

Re: CXBX?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018 - 23:36:22 »
I just get error 21 when I try to load MS dashboard.  ???

Here, see if you can get it to work.
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

It's backed up from my v1.1 without XBLive menu.

Offline StanA4957ZED

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018 - 00:12:50 »
I'll try it.

I went to buy 3 XBox classics from the good will in order to mod them for my kids and they want close to $40 each.
I told them to kiss my %%%.

So I am really looking forward to this thing working soon.

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018 - 00:54:03 »
You probably want to try out [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login instead of CXBX original. It requires the dashboard in "%Profile%\AppData\Roaming\Cxbx-Reloaded\EmuDisk\Partition2\", and a "Keys.bin" file containing the system and LAN keys at "%Profile%\AppData\Roaming\Cxbx-Reloaded\keys.bin". I can confirm that some games DO work with this, though with the emulator constantly shifting, it's hard to give a good list outside of their compatiblity list: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018 - 01:24:49 by darksabre76 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline StanA4957ZED

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018 - 04:39:35 »
OK, did a bunch of testing after I dl the MS Dashboard.

It's all coming back to me.

I sorted through my Slayers disk and found the various dashboards including stock MS.

All of them crashed except for Avalaunch but that just ran with no display of any kind.  Caught in a loop?

I'm using an 8 core FX, 16 gigs and an out dated GPU with Windows 10 64.

That said.  I even tried some of the emulators and apps that I have that run on the XBox Classic and I can't get anything to work.

I'm using the Feb 14 CXBX.

There was a time when Futurama played the startup videos and Barbie Horse Adventure got to a menu then crashed but that was a long time ago.

Will keep you posted.

Offline StanA4957ZED

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018 - 04:45:31 »
You probably want to try out [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login instead of CXBX original. It requires the dashboard in "%Profile%\AppData\Roaming\Cxbx-Reloaded\EmuDisk\Partition2\", and a "Keys.bin" file containing the system and LAN keys at "%Profile%\AppData\Roaming\Cxbx-Reloaded\keys.bin". I can confirm that some games DO work with this, though with the emulator constantly shifting, it's hard to give a good list outside of their compatiblity list: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

OK, great idea.

Been using the reloaded latest.
However, where in gods name is any of that about keys or partitions?
Zero instructions or maybe I just never looked hard enough.

And all this infancy with CXBX but it has no business using a system directory like that.
All of that should be in the root directory of the program and set up like a real XBox is.

It bothers me when non professional programs like to be slick and use system folders as if you will have multiple profiles.
Just stick with the norm like every other emulator out there so when I change OS's that's one less headache I have to transfer when all it is is an emulator.

Offline StanA4957ZED

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018 - 04:51:43 »
For everyone having trouble....

Found this but have not tested Dashboards.

This also has Kernals

Now to figure out the keys bin because I have no desire to break out an old XBox to grab the keys, same issue with Cemu and going online.

Someone post some keys

Update...

Installed the 4920.01 dashboard in the partition 2.  Thanks Darksabre76

Now I get the message Your XBox cannot recognize this disk when running Futurama.

I hail that as progress.
And at 316 FPS

Updated again.
Test conclude Xbox Dash 1.00.4920.01 V1.1 seems the most stable.
That said, nothing else works I guess because I have to come up with an actual keyfile from an actual XBox.

If someone wants to share be my guess.  I promise not to try and use it online as if it still works after 16 years.

My hope is that the emulator will just bypass all that nonsense as well as use a custom rom like Evox or Xecutor with a custom dash.

Please share a key so I don't have to pull my XBox out of the attack, put it all back together and figure out how to dump it.  The cords alone, the mess...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018 - 07:18:25 by StanA4957ZED »

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018 - 06:12:31 »
Keys
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline StanA4957ZED

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018 - 07:24:15 »
Keys

I love you dude!!!

Offline StanA4957ZED

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018 - 07:45:58 »
Update

Tried Turok and it works.

Problem is I have to find the throttle settings because I am getting at one point 1100 FPS but average at 300 which it is way too fast to play.

My mind is blown right now.

Screen resolution doesn't scale properly but for a start I am jazzed all the way.

Now if they can convert Direct X 8 into DX 12 then we are in business.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get this up and running.