Author Topic: RS - Private F-T-P - Free and Premium  (Read 699 times)

Offline DAMNER

RS - Private F-T-P - Free and Premium
« on: March 09, 2018 - 01:49:11 »
Hello guys , today i have an idea i have been thinking about it for a very long time maybe its time to do it ?

F-T-P === Private server for all our active users who do help and for free who willing to share and dump stuff or download or trade or whatever

all we need

1 - someone who have the knowledge to setup a secure place
2 - Someone who have time to make sure all releases are untouched or correct releases
3 - Donation and see how much the cost and we can split it on whoever want that

easy way to donate , more options not just BTC its good option but P@yP@L TOO , other ways if possible

my self i can donate around 10 $ a month or even a year 100 $ . just to save time and so on

we need someone who know the cost for example for 100 TB or 200 tb or maybe more  How much it would cost ,

I dont like seeing links died and waste upload and reupload , This is serious , let do it any idea is welcome .

ANY one like what i said ?

Offline w0rlock

Re: RS - Private F-T-P - Free and Premium
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018 - 13:35:25 »
Use you use a home connection. To host this within a datacentre would be so expensive i doubt the costs could be covered.

Hetzner offer a 15 x 4TB Hard drive server on a 1gbit line. This is 250 eur per month

To get the 100-200TB you would be wanting would be wanting 3 of those.

Then you have the worry of security of it.

Offline DAMNER

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018 - 20:46:00 »
It may need 40 person who are serious to split the cost

Then in the future the more members the less the cost

I dont believe that lots of people like the idea anyway if someone interested PM me

We can try .

Offline niallquinn

• FTM.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018 - 17:43:16 »
Over the years, there's been many FTP's on here, some really good, Zxyo's, ,EDCs, and that bloke that runs Emu-France that I forget the name of had every single datted set on it.  But for whatever reasons they never seem to last or it takes too much effort to keep it up to date.

But if that's what you want to do, I'd welcome having a look.  Always prefer FTP, over dead torrents or links.

Good luck,

NQ.
A rom is for life, not just for Christmas.

Offline DAMNER

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018 - 01:33:11 »
Thanks and i dont know much nfo about what other connect to i am learning but i have no time to run ftp

i would donate to a building one and as i said we need donators and dont one just free who know how to keep it secure and safe i dont i am just a sharing machine some how i help others if i can

we need more people who are interested so we can start building it from zero up to hundreds of TiB ,

if anyone like it keep me posted please , so far me and you  8)

needs 28 person more , maybe this will happened , PM if you dont like the general talk.