Author Topic: tutorial how to decrypt and then extract .xci Switch roms?  (Read 2565 times)

Offline andree22

Can someone give me one, because most of these posts about how to decrypt .xci roms have very little information, and it needs to be explained.

Offline andree22

Re: tutorial how to decrypt and then extract .xci Switch roms?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018 - 00:00:30 »
bump

Offline simonmkwii

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018 - 12:29:54 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Can someone give me one, because most of these posts about how to decrypt .xci roms have very little information, and it needs to be explained.
Test out my HACToolGUI!
I have attached a version complete with everything needed to get started right out of the box!
The box I'm referring to happens to be big and blue as well...  ;)

All you need to do is open the program, HacToolGUI, click "Extract XCI", open your file, choose a folder and click "start".
Then with NCAs, do the same, but with "Extract NCA".
NCA is the format of the files inside the XCI, choose the largest one, as that will be the game data.

Offline NLS

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018 - 12:52:07 »
Sorry for stealing the thread (just a bit), but are these useful with anything yet?

In other words:

- Is there any emulator that can run them?

- Is there any custom firmware developed for Switch that can allow them to run on the machine?

---
NLS

Offline psyalemao

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018 - 19:21:29 »
Yeah I would like to know too. It appears that the emulators only load .nso and .nro files and we can't do much with the extracted files in this case. Would the emulators start support for .xci files or we need to convert a specific .nca to .nso?

Offline gren

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018 - 17:32:00 »
There are currently no emulators that can run switch games, and there is no public way of running ROMs on a switch at the moment. Some hacking groups may or may not have private ways of doing so that haven't been released yet, but I wouldn't know one way or another.