Author Topic: TOSEC Release! (2018-04-01)  (Read 650 times)

Offline NLS

Re: TOSEC Release! (2018-04-01)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2018 - 10:28:08 »
Well it was obvious to me too (initial thought was that), but then the verification that it is not April Fools by other people AND that it was mixed with real news, got me.

Feel much better.

---
NLS

Offline Terra_Cresta

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2018 - 11:31:18 »
Dunno if anyone has noticed but in Sinclair - ZX Spectrum - Games - [TAP] four variants of "Bridge Master - A Complete Learning Package for the Beginner at Bridge - A Complete Learning Package (1983)(Serin)(16K)" exists all with different CRCs but identical names. Seem someone has missed off the [a], [a1], [a2].

I'd change the dat myself but I don't know which of the four is the main one and which are the alternatives.

I've also posted this comment in the Fix Requests section to hopefully reach a wider audience!

*EDIT*
Even the title "Bridge Master - A Complete Learning Package for the Beginner at Bridge - A Complete Learning Package" looks wrong.. WoS has it as "Bridge Master: A Complete Learning Package for the Beginner at Bridge".
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018 - 11:44:13 by Terra_Cresta »

Offline windale

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2018 - 14:14:01 »
There seem to be a lot of weird entries in the Spectrum set, like 'LED Storm Rally 2011', 'Legend of Avalon, The', 'Activision Little Computer People Discovery Kit, The' etc. All other TOSEC systems have these listed as 'LED Storm', 'Avalon', 'Little Computer People' (Which is what they are listed as on ZXDB and WOS). I read on Github that she's using the Also Known As AKA name instead of the common name, no idea why as you end up searching for a game that everyone knows but the name has changed to something obscure.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018 - 14:17:49 by windale »

Offline Lady Eklipse

• ZX Pokemaster - sorting/renaming tool and cheat manager for ZX Spectrum
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2018 - 14:41:44 »
It's at least 3rd time I get questioned about Little Computer People.
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Please look at the cassette inlay, the full game title is "The Activision Little Computer People Discovery Kit".
TOSEC naming convention requires using the full game title in the file name.
The only exception I've made is for "Dizzy" games, because their true titles do not actually start with Dizzy.
In all other cases the longest AKA which fully contains the common title is taken from ZXDB.
LED Storm Rally 2011 may be fixed in next release, as well as several other titles if you are kind enough to provide me a list of those, preferably as a github issue, sine I don't read this forum often.
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login