Author Topic: My Fix Request Thread  (Read 614 times)

Offline TServo2059

My Fix Request Thread
« on: April 04, 2018 - 15:05:09 »
Hello,

I'm going to start my own fix request thread, sorry if I'm cluttering things up. I am going to try to cobble together what I can from all the other threads and sources I know, then I will request what's left.

First, I will start with IBM PC. I am done with these, except for the Microsoft/Adobe stuff that was omitted from the set I sourced. I have the CUEs from a fix thread here, but not the actual image files. Anybody got these? Thanks.

Offline NLS

Re: My Fix Request Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018 - 15:14:18 »
The CUEs are ALL in TOSECDEV official site anyway.

I suggest you first find torrents with older TOSEC and build from there.

---
NLS

Offline D34con

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018 - 15:34:16 »
will help, when my other soul-in-need has everything. should start to fix your request at the weekend.
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Offline TServo2059

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018 - 15:58:43 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
The CUEs are ALL in TOSECDEV official site anyway.

I figured that out, but I had gotten the cues from a fix that was done for you, and I guess I forgot to check the file sizes. I think I assumed the ISOs were in there too. I've just been pointing at whatever fix folders I have hoping it all combines together to fill all the gaps.

I suggest you first find torrents with older TOSEC and build from there.

That is what I'm doing, yes. I am guessing that the torrent I sourced the PC stuff from left the MS/Adobe stuff out intentionally because, well, they're MS and Adobe.

I am also combing through every active link in this forum. To perhaps speed things up, can any Redump versions be converted into TOSEC format? For example, I know there's a tool to change the gap offset thing on Dreamcast stuff, but is there a way to also turn the Redump BIN files into the mixed BIN/RAW format TOSEC uses?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018 - 16:04:41 by TServo2059 »

Offline TServo2059

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018 - 16:17:05 »
will help, when my other soul-in-need has everything. should start to fix your request at the weekend.

Thanks! Also, I forgot the Applications fixdat (again, just MS+Adobe)

Offline D34con

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018 - 16:20:06 »
no problem. i will see at the dats next few hours... now i am going to sleep. its quite late for me right now.
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.

Offline D34con

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018 - 15:11:21 »

give it an hour. maybe i add the "games" too, must have a look after these files are up, how much space i have left.

will upload some of the games too...
take it until this weekend, please, i need space.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018 - 17:38:39 by D34con »

Offline TServo2059

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018 - 22:16:17 »
Turns out there's a seeded 2017-04-23 torrent on TCR which has the missing IBM stuff. So you don't have to upload the rest if you don't want to, I'm downloading them right now, this will let me save time since I want to use that torrent as my next-to-last resort, and this thread as my last last resort. (I'll let you know if it stops being seeded.)

When I hit another dead end and can't find something else, I will add the fixdats here.

EDIT: OK, I got the rest of the missing IBM stuff. I will probably end up with some stuff still missing from other systems in the end, but I will try every other possible source before asking.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018 - 05:19:52 by TServo2059 »

Offline TServo2059

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018 - 20:17:34 »
OK, here's another one, I will post it in the main 2018-04-01 fix requests thread also, just in case. I can't find the actual img/ccd/sub files for the ZX Spectrum CD Games Pack - there's a public torrent out there but it seems to be dead.

Offline D34con

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018 - 21:57:49 »

Offline TServo2059

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018 - 22:30:04 »
Thanks!

Offline D34con

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018 - 22:57:57 »
first link... if you dont found it yet...

Offline TServo2059

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018 - 23:13:28 »
I found it. All of the IBM PC DATs and the ZX Spectrum DAT are green now.