Author Topic: older nongood  (Read 205 times)

Offline cannonwillow

older nongood
« on: April 06, 2018 - 13:15:12 »
looking for some older nongood (nes, psid, spc). any help appreciated.

fixdats attached

EDIT....

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018 - 20:40:13 by cannonwillow »

Zandro

Re: older nongood
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018 - 17:46:50 »
You won't get (working) matches unless you use Yoshi's provided header skipper plugins in clrmamepro.

To save you a day's worth of time trying to rebuild the music, get my builds and trust they are complete.

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline cannonwillow

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018 - 17:49:19 »
thanks, still learning

updated my fix dats
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018 - 19:35:03 by cannonwillow »

Zandro

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018 - 00:03:29 »
Older NonGoodPSID entries were removed after being added to GoodPSID. Try scanning that set for matches:
...are you sure you're using the PSID header skipper plugin?  The SPC plugin is not applicable here.

Using the header skipper, your SPC missings are matched with those in the newer set I uploaded, just with slightly different names.
The Serpent Trench [a].spc -> The Serpent Trench.spc
The Serpent Trench.amk.spc -> The Serpent Trench.amk(2).spc
The Serpent Trench.spc -> The Serpent Trench(2).spc
The Simpsons Theme.amk_1.spc -> The Simpsons Theme.amk_1(2).spc

Attached are the 2 NES.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018 - 00:07:19 by Zandro »

Offline cannonwillow

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018 - 04:48:01 »
I got them to match with clrmamepro. anyway to get matches with romvault. is PSID header from "Commodore - PSID (20150524)(v1.2)[Yori Yoshizuki]" psid.xml (attached below) considered the PSID header skipper plugin?

CW

Zandro

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018 - 06:57:11 »
What you attached is indeed that which I use for the set.  ROMVault is not able to use these plugins, and we likely won't ever see support for it. I imagine it would overcomplicate the flat hash database structure they have going, but I can't read sourcecode.  -- Saw the RV WIP roadmap, maybe it can show up after all.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018 - 07:05:21 by Zandro »

Offline cannonwillow

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018 - 08:01:28 »
dat to rom management seems to complicate the more I learn. romcenter needed to keep correct dates for some, clrmamepro if header skippers are required. romvault if 1000's of dats are to processed in one pass. WOD redux issue I'm having about incorrect file size in many of the dats crosses my mind now (clrmamepro has an option to ignore file size, I think). I dont even care about the way various rom managers handle archival files (7z, rar, zip, tar, gz, lha, lzh, etc...). I decompress all archive's first. With RV I also recheck what was just decompressed for more archives plus compress all 7z and zip files into a single zip. sometimes I compress into 2 zips, 1 with regular zips inside and 1 with torrentzipped zips inside (Using RV I have found extra fills by converting zips to tzips then compressing into a zip). "forcezipping no" or  clrmamepro forcepacking=''unzip'' in dats also cause problems in RV.

derailing off topic a bit, sorry...

EDIT..

looks like RV WIP is really on the right track, pretty much is trying to solve the following issues.

No-Intro Headers                    |        | Support for the No-Intro Headers
------------------------------------ -------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
Treating ZIP files (and .7z files)  |        | This is going to need a big rewrite of the ROM matching/fixing 
as files                            |        | code.
------------------------------------ -------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
File matching without the Size in   |        | using SHA1 as the main matching system, if there is no
the DAT                             |        | size/crc, also need this for No-Intro
Storing the file Date/Time in the   |        | Needed for some DOS collections, but would also need to be
DAT                                 |        | recongized as a valid extention to trrntzip, or maybe RVZip
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018 - 10:20:12 by cannonwillow »