Author Topic: Gamecube - Gauntlet: Dark Legacy revisions (v1.1, v1.2)  (Read 201 times)

Offline stiny123

Gamecube - Gauntlet: Dark Legacy revisions (v1.1, v1.2)
« on: April 23, 2018 - 08:32:18 »
According to [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, two different revisions of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy were released for the Nintendo Gamecube, specifically a version "1.1" and a "1.2". Apparently these re-releases fix nearly all the issues of this notoriously glitchy port.

However, I've looked all over and I could only find the usual PAL and US dumps (redump, TOSEC or otherwise). The game's [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login (I know, not exactly a reliable source) only lists these two initial releases. It all leaves me to wonder if these revisions even exist. Would anyone who knows anything on the subject be able to help me out here?

Offline Game_Player_2017

Re: Gamecube - Gauntlet: Dark Legacy revisions (v1.1, v1.2)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018 - 23:10:28 »
I have read on some forums that people claim to have been able to find v1.1.  I can't find a changelog that describes any fixes that occurred over v1.0 and in those posts where they found v1.1 they don't describe if any bugs have been fixed.

Apparently the ring code on the disc will have a 00 for v1.0, a 01 for v1.1, and a 02 for v1.2.

EDIT: A quick search on Ebay and I found an 01 ring code disc which I think would be a v1.1 disc.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018 - 01:41:56 by Game_Player_2017 »