Author Topic: Bowing out.....  (Read 475 times)

Offline bodkinz

Bowing out.....
« on: May 07, 2018 - 20:38:11 »
This is just to say that I will be bowing out of the rom collecting scene this year...

I've been collecting for nearly 18 years... I've finally found my niche... My first computer was a ZX81... and I will be concentrating any free time from now on to that computer/software/books/magazines...

I won't completely go... but I will stop harvesting roms/files

It's been good....

Hope you all find what you are looking for (in life and in the roms scene)

A big thank you to all those who have helped along the way (you know who you are) I've seen a lot of people come and go... or burn brightly and fade as i would like to think....

I will release a final pack of undatted files at the end of the year.

Hope you all find what you are looking for (roms or in real life)

Its been emotional!!! (as someone once said in a certain film)

bodkinz..   :D

P.S. I will realease a list of URL's which i used to download files from at the end of the year.. hope it will be of use to someone... each has their own way of harvesting/collecting....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018 - 20:40:44 by bodkinz »

Online Maddog

Re: Bowing out.....
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018 - 21:33:36 »
Kinda sad to hear, but since you found out what you would like to do, it is also good I guess...all the best in whatever you do anyway!  :)

If you put the undatted files out, I hope we can make them part of TOSEC. Looking forward to them.

Offline RCade

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018 - 21:21:52 »
Contemplated that many times myself Bod'z but just can't bring myself to doing it.

The ZX81 was my first computer too along with buying the 1st C&VG magazine (from WH Smiths I believe) while on holiday. Still have it too, minus the cover.

Enjoy the extra free time this gives you and hope you find some Sinclair holy grail's on your journey  :D

So long and thanks for all the fish....

Offline gremlin1968

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018 - 21:56:13 »

Sorry to hear you're leaving us, no harm in the odd reunion though.

People ask why i don't collect something that could be worth something one day, something I could hand down to the family.
I grew up (wife may disagree), visiting the arcade, owning the consoles and pottering on various computers, and now able to visit my memories anytime I'd like in my own surroundings.

I appreciate all you've given to the cause, and would like to wish you all the best in the future.

Many thanks
Gremlin