Author Topic: IBM PC CD - Jones in the Fast Lane and Mixed-Up Mother Goose VGA  (Read 58 times)

Offline stiny123

I've looked all around, but it seems like these two titles haven't been fully archived by any group yet (as far as I know, of course).

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login and the [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login were some of the earliest known CD-ROM games to be released (as documented in [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login). Both utilized a mixed-mode format - all the game data was stored on the data track and all the digital speech data was stored on a single large audio track.

Why the history lesson? Well, because there were in fact two different releases of Mixed-Up Mother Goose VGA CD (no, not [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login one), both employing a different method of storing and playing its digital voice samples - a red mixed-mode disc and a blue 'data' disc (all the digital voice samples were simply stored as data files on the CD). Apparently, the audio quality of the red mixed-mode disc was superior to that of the blue data disc according to [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login. The blue data disc is much more common than the red mixed-mode disc, being the the version they included in the [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login collection.

While the blue data disc version of Mixed-Up Mother Goose has at least been identified and dumped by [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, Jones in the Fast Lane and the early red mixed-mode disc version of Mixed-Up Mother Goose VGA still remain unaccounted for.

Does anyone have copies of these? If not, I may have to scour eBay or elsewhere to get my hands on a legitimate copy in the hopes of preserving these obscure treasures.

Offline idlord

The PC database over at Redump is missing lots of games, we are currently working on getting many games/revisions dumped as possible but our resources are limited on that end. Any help is welcome, if your interested in helping us preserve those games, you can join us over at the VGPC discord [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, you'll find many users interested in preservation there.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018 - 16:36:57 by idlord »