Author Topic: 70 Long-Lost Japanese Video Games Have Been Discovered in a 67GB Folder of ROMs  (Read 714 times)

Offline darkNiGHTS

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Until yesterday, rare Japanese PC game Labyrinthe, developed by Caravan Interactive, was long thought to be lost forever. That is until the almost mythical third game in the already obscure Horror Tour series was found on a 67GB folder of ROMs on a private forum. Other rare games from the folder are expected to become public soon.

Since its release in 1998, retro gaming fanatics have scoured the web for this game but come up empty. The game has a listing on Amazon Japan where the cover appears, but where it has never been in stock. A May 2014 post on Hardcore Gamer 101 reads “Labyrinthe is completely lost, and begs the question as to whether it was released at all.”

Labyrithe’s prequels have also proven difficult to find. Horror Tour, also known as Zeddas: Servant of Sheol in the West, was playable on Sega Saturn and PC. In the game, you are trapped in the confines of a castle where you must solve puzzles in order to proceed and inevitably kill an evil demon named Zeddas. Horror Tour 2 was released solely in Japanese for PC and was rediscovered in 2014. The game ends on a cliffhanger, and gamers have been desperate to find out what happens next for two decades.

Offline zzzz

and thus the battle between those who believe in unlimited access and those who believe that one disc from 1993 must never be shared continues. Pirates win another round  :P

Offline darkNiGHTS

and thus the battle between those who believe in unlimited access and those who believe that one disc from 1993 must never be shared continues. Pirates win another round  :P
Pirate preservationists are the best preservationists. Can't stop, won't stop (sharing).

Offline takeaway4roms

I hope to see those games end up appearing here.

Offline SESRS

I hope to see those games end up appearing here.

You can find some here [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline darkNiGHTS

HOLY SH$!!

So a lot of drama was happening around this, Phil definitely didn't go about releasing these games the right way (going to the press, releasing them little by little, going into super detail about the do not upload aspect, aka seeking attention). He kind of had a meltdown, made his twitter private, deleted his blog post, and he's probably not going to release it. Well, guess what I found in the [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login (read that thread - it kind of covers the unfolding of it a bit?)

What is believed to be the full 70+ games on Mega!  :o :o Download these ASAP. I just paid for one month of premium to Mega.nz so I could snag the whole folder without hitting bandwidth limits. Seems it's in the right hands to go fully public, but I'm not taking any chances.

Offline gauth

@darkNiGHTS and anyone who wants to download these without limits:

Thanks for the links :P

Offline takeaway4roms

Someone needs to quickly make mirror downloads of these games, and upload it in other sites, like 1fichier, or something.

These games need to be out in the open!

Offline darkNiGHTS

Someone needs to quickly make mirror downloads of these games, and upload it in other sites, like 1fichier, or something.

These games need to be out in the open!
I've downloaded every single one, they're safe. As long as those Mega links are up, I don't see a need to mirror them (yet) but will be happy too if those links go south. 60 GB is a lot to upload.

Offline takeaway4roms

^I almost forgot that these games are in the site MyAbandonware.