Author Topic: Basic sets ...  (Read 256 times)

Offline Stef

Basic sets ...
« on: June 29, 2018 - 15:41:42 »
Hi all,

As I've just purchased a mahoosive amount of Dropbox space, I'm considering keeping some level of backup for some of my sets, mainly so I can access them at a moments notice, for nostalgia reasons, and maybe executing them from Dropbox itself. But to avoid backing up an obscene amount of files/data, I was wondering if there are any 'Basic set' collections, by a 'basic set' I mean a set of say (for instance) the ZX Spectrum roms, but a complete set of every rom but without 33 different versions of the same rom which other that tiny differences are fundamentally the same, just one rom (the latest complete rom?) for each entry.

If that makes sense? Maybe there is already full 'basic' sets around, but if there are, I cannot find them?

Regards

Stef

Offline zzzz

Re: Basic sets ...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018 - 17:30:10 »
No-Intro sounds like what you want.

Offline wiggy2k

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018 - 17:55:08 »
Yeah i’d go with no-intro
Or <shudder> possibly look at the hyperspin dats, pretty sure they strip out all the foreign games and keep only ones playable in English.

Offline NLS

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018 - 12:20:14 »
No-Intro is that.
For the machines it supports of course...

---
NLS

Offline zetec-s-joe

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018 - 17:14:16 »
HyperSpin XML files are good depending how OCD you are, I've made them all using no intro/tosec/redump etc, 1 game for all

Offline Greenx

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018 - 07:40:32 »
There is no easy way to backup 30TB to the cloud? If a company accepts hdds you send to them, wont they validate the contents?