Author Topic: Complete redump dat  (Read 121301 times)

Offline Kludge

Re: Complete redump dat
« Reply #330 on: December 17, 2017 - 18:14:50 »
{COPY PASTA from a PM I just sent}

Health-wise I should have probably gone to hospital, but my stubbornness held me at home, just trying to overdose on morphine, and sleep through it.
Will do an updated (STILL BAD, thanks to iRobot not completing his work, and eliumnick altering the Java Archive (JAR) to reflect changes -_-

This isn't the sort of mess I 'enjoy' pushing out, but there's just a lot of mess going on (behind the scenes), so here's another "best effort",I'm not sure if itsany better than my last effort over a month ago?!

Here it is:
------------------EPIC FAIL!----------------- seem to have completely lost a chunk of data, including the "redumper". errrrrr :shifty: -- I'll leave this here as a timestamp of acknowledgement that the DATs etc need generating...Will scour 130TB+ of disk space..... (as you do  8) )

Offline Kludge

« Reply #331 on: December 21, 2017 - 19:27:51 »
RIGHT! Thanks to Eli & Paccy we SHOULD be back up to speed (well, as far as iRobot's lagging in implementing changes)

Please let me know if anything is wrong, as this was set up from scratch, but SHOULD have far more recent metadata (UNLIKE previous posts!)

ONE MOMENT PLEASE..... Error encountered, re-doing.

IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE: aviloria: you'll have to re-download as you were so quick, Eli spotted an error, and we've hopefully fixed it.
going for 3rd run of the JAR now

Last edit: OK, this one looks golden; [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Comments etc welcomed
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017 - 19:59:24 by Kludge »

Offline Kludge

« Reply #332 on: January 13, 2018 - 10:44:03 »
Best effort, site still not completely sorted out (iRobot)

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Had no idea it was this long since i'd done a pack  :-X

Offline lookinleo

« Reply #333 on: January 20, 2018 - 18:48:23 »
Someone help me please ?

Fixdat attached

TNX

Offline Kludge

« Reply #334 on: January 23, 2018 - 18:45:28 »
Hiya, you're looking in the wrong place for FixDATting, you'll have better luck here :)
Fix Requests\Redump.org ->  [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Someone help me please ?

Fixdat attached

TNX

Offline vicmarto

« Reply #335 on: February 12, 2018 - 08:49:50 »
Someone know why the Wii dat of compressed nasos (*.dec.iso) has a few files in its uncompressed form (*.iso)?

I'm talking about DATs_in_DEC_WUX/Nintendo - Wii (1960) (2018-01-13 02-03-44).dat

Same with GameCube.

Thanks!

Offline zamBOBway

« Reply #336 on: February 13, 2018 - 00:33:21 »
Someone know why the Wii dat of compressed nasos (*.dec.iso) has a few files in its uncompressed form (*.iso)?

I'm talking about DATs_in_DEC_WUX/Nintendo - Wii (1960) (2018-01-13 02-03-44).dat

Same with GameCube.

Thanks!

My guess is (I haven't tested yet) because there's no/little gain in converting those games so they leave it as is, so as not to waste time in processing.

Offline talbin

« Reply #337 on: February 14, 2018 - 20:34:49 »

My guess is (I haven't tested yet) because there's no/little gain in converting those games so they leave it as is, so as not to waste time in processing.

I don't think that's the reason.  All Star Karate on wii is like that and it has a 50% compression ratio.  If you asked me it is just a mistake.

Offline edc

« Reply #338 on: February 14, 2018 - 21:42:50 »
This has nothing to do with gain.. The datter uses a script which compares the original dat against his .dec store.. if he hasn't them it the entry in the dat wont be replaced with the .dec version.

And the are also a few MIA's. I am working on the nNASOS dats. I have them complete, but not in the format most of you lots want (uncompressed). So I need to write a conversion tool. But there is a lot more on my plate atm...

E
My current project (nNASOS): [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Kludge

« Reply #339 on: February 20, 2018 - 17:35:24 »
DATs as of now, redump's site still a mess so the script cannot work 100% as it should... Here is what it is able to output, thanks to Eli for his time in writing and maintaining this :)

Offline srwusaf

« Reply #340 on: February 21, 2018 - 01:27:58 »
Kludge/Eli, Thank You for your time and effort in releasing these DATs! I (and many others) greatly appreciate it!!

Offline RodrigoMD

« Reply #341 on: February 22, 2018 - 14:36:06 »
The scene releases of the Playstation 4 games were always released in ISO format and I always checked with the Redump database. However, now the new releases are coming in PKG format.

According to the release "PS4.Standards.2018-CONSOLE", all new Playstation 4 releases will be in PKG format and old releases in ISO format should be re-released in PKG.

I already have 800GB of releases in ISO format checked by DAT Redump. I'll have to download again.

The Redump database catalogs discs. Will they catalog PKG files (no discs)?

Offline milla4

« Reply #342 on: February 28, 2018 - 11:08:20 »
Thanks Kludge/Eli for the update...  ;D

Offline Kludge

« Reply #343 on: February 28, 2018 - 17:03:09 »
HIHIHI!
as requested in IRC by bingobongo <3

Offline D34con

« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2018 - 09:55:25 »
oh great!
i was just looking for it. been updating a week or so.
This is very helpful, one of my personal best threads in here besides all the other golden threads and posts. I am resting now with a inner feeling of a good satisfaction. Beautiful like diamonds in the sun. ;)
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.