Author Topic: IBM - PC compatible USA  (Read 104461 times)

Offline sarei

Re: IBM - PC compatible USA
« Reply #540 on: November 14, 2018 - 23:49:54 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
For protections that use subchannels, SBI files are provided. For protections that use DPM (StarForce, SecuROM), there's currently no way to get consistent results for DPM data, so it's not datted. For protections that use twin sectors (TAGES), a format for storing this data has not been decided.

It's a kinda bad situation, really, and one that I hope to see rectified one day.

Interesting, thanks. Though that's a bit unfortunate. 

Curious why they chose BIN/CUE with all its limitations (it's considered outdated by modern standards). 

I've heard (though admittedly I'm far from knowledgeable in this area) that MDF/MDS (or the equivalent MDX) would capture and preserve almost all copy protections intact.  Especially the newer versions of StarForce, SecuROM, TAGES, Safedisc.

I noticed sometimes when some discs contain both a data track and multiple audio tracks, Redump's protocol seems to be to create separate .BIN files (for each track) invoked through a single CUE.  Any advantage to this method over, say, MDF/MDS (or the more elegant MDX that contains everything in a single file) ?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018 - 00:22:36 by sarei »

Offline sarei

« Reply #541 on: November 14, 2018 - 23:52:13 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- S!Zone for SimCity 2000 (USA)

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity 2000 (USA) (Diamond OEM)

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity Classic (USA) (Rerelease)

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity Classic (USA) (Alt)

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity Enhanced CD-ROM (USA) (Rerelease)

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity 2000 Network Edition (USA)

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login  -- SimCity 2000 Special Edition (USA) (Rerelease)

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login  -- SimCity 3000 Unlimited (USA) (Rerelease) (20011214)

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition (USA) (Disc 1)

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition (USA) (Disc 2)

Askavenger,

Bless you, good sir. Sincere thanks; 'tis much appreciated.

Offline sarei

« Reply #542 on: November 15, 2018 - 00:20:11 »
btw, sorry for spamming. Last technical question for now (promise).

I noticed a couple of disc images like [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login contain this in their CUE file:

TRACK 01 MODE2/2352

That causes image to be unreadable in Windows explorer (but can still be opened just fine in editing tools like UltraISO).  Changing that line to:

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

fixes the unreadable problem.

So my question is, is "MODE2/2352" supposed to be intentional or a bug?

Offline stiny123

« Reply #543 on: November 15, 2018 - 04:44:11 »
hi, sorry to bother again. But could someone please upload these ones?

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- S!Zone for SimCity 2000 (USA)

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity 2000 (USA) (Diamond OEM)
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity Classic (USA) (Rerelease)
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity Classic (USA) (Alt)
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity Enhanced CD-ROM (USA) (Rerelease)

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity 2000 Network Edition (USA)
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login  -- SimCity 2000 Special Edition (USA) (Rerelease)
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login  -- SimCity 3000 Unlimited (USA) (Rerelease) (20011214)
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition (USA) (Disc 1)
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login -- SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition (USA) (Disc 2)

Sincere thanks.

Many, many thanks!

Could I also request [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login It's a much rarer, slightly pared down version of SimCity 2000: Special Edition that contains most (if not all) of the expansions minus the extra multimedia aspects of SC2000SE like the bonus interviews (source: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login) and was DOS only.

EDIT: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login is also a version of the original game that's very hard to come by.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018 - 06:15:14 by stiny123 »

Offline Whovian9369

« Reply #544 on: November 15, 2018 - 07:20:11 »
Any of y'all happen to have [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login ?
<rom name="Sorry! (USA).bin" size="513752064" crc="ea8dde18" md5="909045e9a618cd41caf47c924f0c4447" sha1="99ec74ac9e551139cb7278a0e6fff059ae20bcd2"/>
I am a stickler for No-intro and Redump.org verified dumps. Woo.

Offline sarei

« Reply #545 on: November 15, 2018 - 11:55:27 »
EDIT: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login is also a version of the original game that's very hard to come by.

Askavenger has already uploaded it [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login. Cheers.

Offline Balthier

• Hero/Sky Pirate/ISO Alchemist/REBEL
« Reply #546 on: November 15, 2018 - 21:41:54 »
btw, sorry for spamming. Last technical question for now (promise).

I noticed a couple of disc images like [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login contain this in their CUE file:

TRACK 01 MODE2/2352

That causes image to be unreadable in Windows explorer (but can still be opened just fine in editing tools like UltraISO).  Changing that line to:

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

fixes the unreadable problem.

So my question is, is "MODE2/2352" supposed to be intentional or a bug?
Mode 2 is the type of disc image.  If anything, changing that line in the cue file should be causing problems, not fixing them.  Seems like Windows Explorer is bugged on your system then.

Further reading about cd modes: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Also if you read all the info on the database entry for SimLife you would have surely seen this on the page:

1   Data/Mode 2   00:00:00   01:18:35   5885   13841520   3733a647   9b0bf8001ec57fea3d17b65a1029d7b9   452909d0de8861421b9b100cf63ccfc0652d663f
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018 - 21:48:08 by Balthier »
C O B R A   K A I
NEVER DIES!

Offline sarei

« Reply #547 on: November 16, 2018 - 00:24:27 »
Mode 2 is the type of disc image.  If anything, changing that line in the cue file should be causing problems, not fixing them.  Seems like Windows Explorer is bugged on your system then.

Further reading about cd modes: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Also if you read all the info on the database entry for SimLife you would have surely seen this on the page:

1   Data/Mode 2   00:00:00   01:18:35   5885   13841520   3733a647   9b0bf8001ec57fea3d17b65a1029d7b9   452909d0de8861421b9b100cf63ccfc0652d663f

Thanks, I did see the database entry. I thought perhaps it was misconfigured because most discs are set to Mode 1. 

Even from your link, there is a table that says "Windows CD-ROM   ISO 9660 (+ Joliet)   1   Most common format. Joliet for long file names" and that Mode 2 is mainly for audio/video tracks (which SimLife does not contain. It's simply a 13 MB data track).  Strange that it wouldn't open on my explorer (Win 7 64-bit).

Oh well. I supposed it could be a problem on my end.  Just thought it was an oddity.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018 - 00:30:01 by sarei »

Offline Askavenger

« Reply #548 on: November 16, 2018 - 08:04:15 »

Could I also request [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login It's a much rarer, slightly pared down version of SimCity 2000: Special Edition that contains most (if not all) of the expansions minus the extra multimedia aspects of SC2000SE like the bonus interviews (source: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login) and was DOS only.

Not sure if this is the one, give it a try:
SimCity 2000 - CD Collection (USA).7z

Offline Askavenger

« Reply #549 on: November 16, 2018 - 08:05:26 »
3 games.
Two of these games have long names and Windows will chop off characters if your destination folder also has a long name.

Uniloc FamilyPC Title Wave - Star Wars - Rogue Squadron 3D + Hallmark Card Studio Deluxe (USA)

Uniloc FamilyPC Title Wave - Smart Games Challenge 3 + Ultimate Yahtzee + Rocky & Bullwinkle's Know-It-All Quiz Game (USA)

Earth and Beyond (USA) (Disc 1) (Demo)

Earth and Beyond (USA) (Disc 2) (Demo)

Offline Askavenger

« Reply #550 on: November 16, 2018 - 08:53:26 »
Any of y'all happen to have [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login ?
<rom name="Sorry! (USA).bin" size="513752064" crc="ea8dde18" md5="909045e9a618cd41caf47c924f0c4447" sha1="99ec74ac9e551139cb7278a0e6fff059ae20bcd2"/>

Sorry! (USA).7z

Offline stiny123

« Reply #551 on: November 17, 2018 - 06:47:37 »

Askavenger has already uploaded it [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login. Cheers.

I wonder how I missed that one? Thanks!

Not sure if this is the one, give it a try:
SimCity 2000 - CD Collection (USA).7z

That's the one! Thanks again!

Offline Askavenger

« Reply #552 on: November 17, 2018 - 23:24:56 »
Cap'n Crunch's Crunchling Adventure (USA) (Alt)