Author Topic: Redump Sets  (Read 8940 times)

Offline Lapoon

Re: Redump Sets
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2018 - 22:41:19 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
scan your sets and search for files missing.
easy.

I don't know if you mean scanning it by "hand", like getting all filenames combined by offloading them to Excel or similar methods, but that will show new dumps, including renamed ones. It won't, however, highlight newly dumped/changed dumps with the same name, which I also need if I want to download specific ones.

Offline Neo8x

• StartGame by Neo8x
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2018 - 22:52:56 »
Hello,
I do not understand your problem. Just download the latest dat and look what are the missing files. Then download only the files you need.
No-Intro - Redump - Tosec - Arcade
 -> [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login <-

Offline Lapoon

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2018 - 23:23:02 »
Hello,
I do not understand your problem. Just download the latest dat and look what are the missing files. Then download only the files you need.

Thanks for taking the time to respond (your uploads are freakin' fantastic! Keep it up!).

What I mean is that you'll often upload a new version of a file with the same name. Say, you had "Advanced V.G. 2" in the folder, and you replace that same file with a new version, also called "Advanced V.G. 2". I need that new dump to replace the version I already have, and the only way I can know that even happened is by looking through the "Added" and "Date modified" dates on redump.org, which would involve checking every single dump entry for the Saturn set (same for any other Redump set, for that matter). The DAT files don't contain that kind of data, or when a dump has been renamed or added to the set.

TL;DR: Would be nice if one could know which dumps have been added/renamed/changed in a set in between every update, but if that's too much work, then oh well, tough luck, you're already one of the best dump providers out there, and for that much thanks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018 - 23:40:24 by Lapoon »

Offline Neo8x

• StartGame by Neo8x
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2018 - 23:53:58 »
I'm sorry but it takes too much work. I try to update regularly all sets and there are many. It's already taking a lot of time. I am also trying to provide new sets.
No-Intro - Redump - Tosec - Arcade
 -> [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login <-

Offline Lapoon

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2018 - 23:54:55 »
I'm sorry but it takes too much work. I try to update regularly all sets and there are many. It's already taking a lot of time. I am also trying to provide new sets.

Understood, thanks for clarifying.