Author Topic: Gruby's AdventurePack  (Read 299498 times)

Offline ajshell1

Re: Gruby's AdventurePack
« Reply #1380 on: December 06, 2017 - 01:57:40 »
Gruby:

I forgot to mention this, but here is the Redump database entry for Ghost in the Sheet:

[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

This matches ghostsheet-win-1

Offline Gruby

• Gruby's Homepage
« Reply #1381 on: December 06, 2017 - 04:21:13 »
@ajshell: ghostsheet-win-1 marked and entered in the trusted list, Thank you!
@NLS: The project already includes the new games that will be in SCUMMVM 2.0. The missing games are listed in the DATPack's Support/Missings folder.  :)

Offline NLS

« Reply #1382 on: December 06, 2017 - 09:12:33 »
Thanks Gruby.

---
NLS

Offline Gruby

• Gruby's Homepage
« Reply #1383 on: December 08, 2017 - 07:25:43 »
New DATPack: 2017.12.08 - [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login   -  Legend: + Additions - Changes

DevTeam detection related changes:
myst3: Include ENGLISH.m3t in the detection entry for the DVD version. This way people don't get the "Unknown version" warning when they forget to copy the language.m3u file.
prince: + Added detection for alternative Russian version (Have).
sci:  + King's Quest 7 - French Windows v1.51 (Have/Existed in the DatPack).   + Phantasmagoria - Italian DOS v1.100.000 (Have/Existed in the DatPack).

AdventurePack changes:  Thanks to aviloria for the sake of much help.
- Compiler warning picture changed, because the plumbers Unstable flag has removed.
- Verified Game Sources updated.
+ WHDLoad Games added to Verified Game Sources.

Changes in the Engines:
cine: - os-us: changed to original floppy installed files.
cruise: - Desription clarifications (16 Colors to EGA, 256 Colors to VGA).  - cruise-amiga-it: changed to WHDLoad files.
gob: - gob2-amiga-de: changed to WHDLoad files.
prince: + Prince and the Coward, The (Windows/Russian)[Galador][a].
sci: - freddypharkas-es: changed to original floppy installed files.  - iceman-amiga: changed to WHDLoad files.
 - kq7-win-fr: (u) flag removed from the description line.   - lsl1sci-ega: changed to original floppy installed files.
 - phantasmagoria-it: (u) flag removed from the description line. 
 - phantasmagoria2*: sets has reorganized.  [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
 - sq1sci-ega: changed to original floppy installed files.   - sq4-ega: changed to original floppy installed files.
 + King's Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder (DOS/EGA)[v0.000.062][5x1.2M][!]
scumm: - Unneeded FM-Towns bios files has removed.   - monkey-2nd* sets has reorganized.
 - monkey2-amiga-es,monkey2-amiga-fr: changed to WHDLoad files.  - Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Amiga resource file created.
 + Secret of Monkey Island, The (DOS/SE Talkie/French)[v1.02]. [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
scumm-he: + Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell (Windows/Dutch).
sherlock: - scalpel: MUSIC.LIB updated: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
wage: - Desription clarifications. Separate version tags.

Updated Dats: agi, agos, cge, cge2, cine, cruise, cryo, gob, prince, queen, sci, scumm, scumm-he, sherlock, wage, wintermute

Some new files [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login Old fixes Deleted!
Please do not post fix request in this topic! Use this [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login  Thank You!

Offline aviloria

« Reply #1384 on: December 08, 2017 - 12:18:42 »
Wow!!! New Gruby's Adventure update!!! :o
Thank you so much, Gruby!!!

747 different games in the collection... 3511 different versions at all!!!
Ready for the upcoming ScummVM 2.0!!! :D

Offline Gruby

• Gruby's Homepage
« Reply #1385 on: December 18, 2017 - 05:03:14 »
New Category/Engine in the Next Release: Magnetic - An interpreter for Magnetic Scrolls adventures

- Corruption (1988, Rainbird)
- Fish! (1988, Rainbird)
- Jinxter (1987, Rainbird)
- Myth (1989, Rainbird)
- The Guild of Thieves (1987, Rainbird)
- The Legacy- Realm of Terror (1993, MicroProse)
- The Magnetic Scrolls Collection Vol 1 (1991, Virgin Interactive)
- The Pawn (1985, Rainbird)
- Wonderland (1990, Virgin Interactive)

Emulator, Written by Niclas Karlsson: Magnetic: Download & Some Games in [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login or compile yourself.

Work in Progress Picture, Thank you very much for aviloria's help  8) click for the bigger picture

Offline Gruby

• Gruby's Homepage
« Reply #1386 on: December 18, 2017 - 06:23:14 »
Just in time for the holidays, the final release of ScummVM 2.0 is here!
This version adds support for 23 brand new old games, including almost all of the 32-bit Sierra adventures:

•Cranston Manor
•Full Pipe
•Gabriel Knight
•Gabriel Knight 2
•King's Quest VII
•King's Questions
•Leisure Suit Larry 6 (hi-res)
•Leisure Suit Larry 7
•Lighthouse
•Mixed-Up Mother Goose Deluxe
•Phantasmagoria
•Phantasmagoria 2
•Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
•Police Quest 4
•RAMA
•Riven: The Sequel to Myst
•Shivers
•Space Quest 6
•Starship Titanic
•The Dark Crystal
•Time Zone
•Torin's Passage
•Ulysses and the Golden Fleece

for more information, please visit here: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline NLS

« Reply #1387 on: December 18, 2017 - 08:37:28 »
Both very interesting news.

As for Magnetic Scrolls I feel justified after all the push I made to include the engine.
Not the first time it happens to me in the field of Emulation... I push towards a goal (merging MAME with MESS comes to mind easily), I try to help when I can, I get seemingly rejected (for just or unjust reasons) and then magically one day (sometimes years later), what I once said should be a goal, happens. Usually I am nowhere in the "thanks" list (why would I be - in most cases), but still feel I put a little stone.

Anyway, thanks for the update. Nice progress.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017 - 09:05:38 by NLS »
---
NLS

Offline ajshell1

« Reply #1388 on: December 19, 2017 - 03:15:49 »
I submitted some new games to the Redump database recently.

Myst (Version 1.0.2) [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
The Last Express: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Putt-Putt Travels Through Time: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

The Last Express matches the GOG release. Since there are only four files to check, I think I can do that myself. Myst has a bunch of files, as do the Putt-Putt games (due to the disc containing several demos) so I'll let you inspect them yourself.

I'll upload the other three discs soon, and post links when I get the chance.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017 - 03:18:26 by ajshell1 »

Offline Gruby

• Gruby's Homepage
« Reply #1389 on: December 19, 2017 - 06:36:08 »
According to the scummvm detection table, The Last Express GOG release is the UK/Interplay version. This game was released in the US, therefore this release is Only Interplay version...

lastexpress-gog description has changed to Last Express, The (DOS)[Interplay][!] and This line added to the trusted list: Last Express, The (USA)(3 Discs)(Rerelease): lastexpress-gog

Thank you!  ;D

Offline ajshell1

« Reply #1390 on: December 19, 2017 - 14:28:40 »
Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo (USA) (Rerelease) (19990311): [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Putt-Putt Travels Through Time (USA): [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Myst (USA) (1.0.2): [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

Offline Gruby

• Gruby's Homepage
« Reply #1391 on: December 19, 2017 - 16:02:31 »
@ajshell1: Thank you again  8)
Myst (Version 1.0.2): added to the next release as 'Myst (Windows)[v1.0.2][!]'. Putt-Putt images: all games and demos added to the trusted list.

Offline ajshell1

« Reply #1392 on: December 19, 2017 - 17:31:07 »
I also picked up TWO copies of Return to Zork recently, but I'm out of luck.

Apparently, they are special versions of Return to Zork that require the ReelMagic MPEG decoder card. Thus, the *.PMV files in the standard version are *.MPG files on my copies.

As a result, only one file matches what you have in the database, which is RTZ.PRJ from rtz-floppy. (A 20MB file from a flopy disc... yikes).

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for ScummVM developers adding support for this version of the game, but I thought you might appreciate this information.

Offline Gruby

• Gruby's Homepage
« Reply #1393 on: December 21, 2017 - 06:10:15 »
About Magnetic Engine Games and Choose Emulator

Title Screens with Magnetic Emulator for Windows:
The Amiga versions of some of the games (as well as the MS-DOS and Archimedes versions of "Wonderland") featured colourful title screens, and some Amiga versions also featured title music.
Magnetic supports these title pictures and music, the files for which can be obtained from the Magnetic Scrolls Memorial web page.
The title files should have the same name as the game file, except that the picture files must end in ".png" and the music files in ".mp3".
The titles appear whenever a new game is loaded into Magnetic.

With the same rom set the Garglk emulator did not show the Title pic or play the title music, so I think the Magnetic emulator provides a better gaming experience.

Offline Gruby

• Gruby's Homepage
« Reply #1394 on: December 21, 2017 - 18:37:57 »
I tested the Glulx engine:
The game being tested: Időrégész (1987)(Rátkia István)(Hungarian) [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
Format: blorb,  Used game file: 'Idoregesz.blorb'.  I did not configure anything, I just opened the file.

1. Emulator: Windows Glulxe 0.5.4.147: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
- unicode characters appear, music played

2. Emulator Gargoyle-lk 2011.1: [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
The github has a newer version, I tried to compile the source but did not succeed (MSYS2 64bit).
- unicode characters are displayed incorrectly, did not play music. *Edit: The newest (2017.11.03) compiled version is played the music.

I think the glulx engine emulator will be the Windows Glulxe. I have not started yet, it was just a quick test.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017 - 07:36:34 by Gruby »