Author Topic: udc  (Read 84930 times)

Offline Thx738

Re: Ultimate Dats
« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2018 - 10:35:21 »
Hi attractivo, just wanted to say a very big thank you for that huge dats collection. I crashed my NAS couple of months ago, loosing everything on it, including old "rare" systems (and their dats), and been struggling (and often unable) to find them. Thanks to you, i got back every lost dat, and much much more.

Big thanks also of course to everyone helping on the fixes, especially cannonwillow !!! Well, now i got a huge work to fill the collections, but at least i know what i'm looking for !

Edit:

I am missing some dats ( arrived too late for most fixes in this thread  :'( )
Most important for me are in the UDC.7z file.
The others are in the fixDat_DAT.7z.

Any help welcome.

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018 - 16:41:20 by Thx738 »

nombre002

« Reply #376 on: February 13, 2018 - 20:47:38 »
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018 - 17:31:45 by attractivo »

nombre002

« Reply #377 on: February 13, 2018 - 23:23:50 »
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018 - 17:31:11 by attractivo »

Offline Thx738

« Reply #378 on: February 15, 2018 - 21:08:55 »
Hi,

Would you know if that kind of bug also affects the attached dat file (taken from UDC) ?
There is a weird behaviour with that part : romvault always sees need to fix files there (although fixed previously), and keeps aborting (modified archive). Noticed the behaviour with music files (that i try to collect), i do not know for other sections (don't collect).

Or if any of you knows about other dat file(s) for music files, please PM (I would not like to hijack the thread), unless of course those are dats from UDC (i'm still missing many)

Thanks a lot

nombre002

« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2018 - 21:22:59 »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018 - 18:58:50 by attractivo »

Offline Thx738

« Reply #380 on: February 15, 2018 - 21:47:20 »
Many thanks for the trick !!!

Offline cannonwillow

« Reply #381 on: February 17, 2018 - 07:04:39 »
also "forcezipping no". doesn't rescan each time but 2nd fix rips apart the first fix. if you see blue on second scan, find it (problem rom/s) in your romvault, save it somewhere, compress it or change extension (normally zip or 7z) and before fixing. then stick back in tosort, modify the dat in your datroot (delete problem line), update dats, rescan, fix, golden

with rom vault, I always like to rescan with empty tosort folder after one that was full of fixes.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018 - 07:50:50 by cannonwillow »

Offline Thx738

« Reply #382 on: February 17, 2018 - 10:58:22 »
Hi,

Many thanks for the information.
Yes, issues are the "blue" roms on second scan, that then are fixed, then blue again ... endlessly. Actually fixed a few dats using attractivo trick, i'll look deeper once i can have a good dats base that match my needs.
I have been "collecting" since early 90s, moving data from HDD to bigger HDD, then NAS... and got a big crash last year where i lost all dat files, some of them very old, and ended with many corrupted rom files, and many files (some 8 TB) unknown although i believe many shall not be corrupted, so probably unknown cause i could not recover yet the relevant dats.
That's why UDC is an awsome project (Thanks again attractivo for big help for music dats... :D), and Romvault is awsome, as i can tune dats then "mass scan" (using one setup to "scrap" through parts of the unknown files to a buffer directory and another (using the buffer dir as sort dir) to maintain proper new sets on a new setup that i'vebeen rebuilding those last months...
So was kinda weird to see some of the proper new sets being fixed at each scan.

So thanks again, with both explanations i would be able to "tune" the dats i intend to use for the new build.

P.S.
I am still looking for missing dats (above post), so any help (or pm with sources, ....) most welcome

Offline cannonwillow

« Reply #383 on: February 23, 2018 - 08:12:09 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
ah yes that is an old dat which tries to combine superdat with forcepacking="unzip".
whenever you come across the issue that romvault asks for rescan each time, look inside the header of the dat. if it has these two options:
Code:
Only registered users can see contents. Please click here to Register or Login.
then you have found the culprit. assuming that you are just trying to complete the dat, possible workarounds are to remove one or both of that lines from the header. this will break the intended dir structure, but at least romvault wont ask for rescan again and again.

i am not much into music related collections. but you can look here:

unbelievably brand new dats are still including <clrmamepro forcepacking="unzip" />, that I must still delete with text editor :o, as long as the .zip isn't 20 gb big, no prob. why not make it smaller, more compatible, more consistent (compared to unzip version) as long as the rebuild/fix time is not overly compromissed....

superdat or regular dat. problem no matter what. .zip or .7z files must be archived, or extension changed, to prevent them from being considered as an archive instead of rom during the next scan
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018 - 08:38:47 by cannonwillow »

Offline cannonwillow

« Reply #384 on: March 03, 2018 - 15:06:28 »
hi,

I noticed the attached dats are missing from the latest UDC version. maybe these could be added to a future update.

and also some missing md5 sheet files that were in previous versions of UDC

« Last Edit: March 05, 2018 - 22:40:08 by cannonwillow »

Offline cannonwillow

Re: udc
« Reply #385 on: April 27, 2018 - 05:55:16 »
It would be nice to include fruit machine emulator's in any future updates (at least I didn't notice any). front ends such as hyperspin would be nice also (not sure if this should be in emulator section or tool section...

Offline Ancient

« Reply #386 on: August 09, 2018 - 14:53:36 »
No Update?

Offline cannonwillow

« Reply #387 on: August 11, 2018 - 06:58:43 »
UDC is not going to be updated anytime soon, if ever. attractivo has moved on... :(

Offline zzzz

« Reply #388 on: August 11, 2018 - 07:45:52 »
UDC is not going to be updated anytime soon, if ever. attractivo has moved on... :(

Is "Ultimate Dats Collection (20180106-1442)" the latest version? If it's not can you post the updated set on the tracker?

Offline cannonwillow

« Reply #389 on: August 11, 2018 - 08:48:54 »
the newest UDC dat set is UDC[20180126-2236]

you will find dats for this set in my URDDD post